Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Whenever I read about a person dying, it just brings into realisation how fragile we are as human beings. We come into this world and at any time our lives can be over. We all hope we live until we are old, but it's more important to live your life in the best way possible while you're alive. I'd rather live a short, but happy and fulfilled life, rather than live a tedious and long life. Be grateful for every morning you wake up. I need to start getting out of bed in the morning and thanking the powers that be that I can live another day.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
This news has really upset me, so young and a truly gorgeous man. I had a real soft spot for him and the way he took all the advice from the judges and came back with a brilliant audition.

• Heart
  • Sad

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I have such fond memories of that time. Me and the girl I shared a house with at the time watched all of Popstars and, on the day of the final, we shut the curtains and unplugged the phone so we wouldn't be disturbed as the "band" was revealed. I actually went to see Hear'Say live later that year.

I was even more obsessed with Pop Idol. It turned into a big office rivalry with one team supporting Gareth Gates and my team supporting Will Young 😂 The second after the result was announced, I got a text from one of the other team which just said "FIX" 🤣🤣

Whilst he was never my favourite, I always liked Darius and thought he had a great voice.

I just watched Colourblind on YouTube which was the gateway into some Hear'Say and Liberty X videos. Made me feel very happy and sad at the same time.
Same here, I was obsessed with both shows, I was a lonely teenager at the time and they gave me a lot of enjoyment and a window into a fun grown up world. I'll always be grateful for that. I like the way on the old talent shows people were a bit rawer, less polished, less fame savvy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Absolutely shocked at Darius' passing, I remember him fondly on Pop Idol as a teenager had such a crush on him❤feels weird he has gone as he was literally not that far in age from me now, I remember his iconic audition sat watching with my parents and siblings, it was just sheer brilliance and entertainment of that time. He went on to do so well releasing hits and getting to number one, it was a defining moment as so many were rooting for him, myself included.

His career surpassed the music and he thrived in theatre amongst other ventures and by all accounts a likeable guy. He came across as warm with a good soul. The fact so many of his peers had nothing but good to say about him is a testament to his decency as a human being.

Darius accomplished so much in his short time here, his passing is a jolt to remind us all life is indeed unpredictable. I hope he didn't suffer and his soul will be at peace❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

DoodlePoodle

VIP Member
If there was ever a definition of going out in style then she cracked it - exactly how she wanted it. Bless her heart. A true inspiration. Rest peacefully 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Snookie

No! I can’t believe the news about Darius. I was a huge fan and met him at a record signing at HMV years ago and he was genuinely lovely. Gutted. RIP :cry:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

monga

VIP Member
Shane and Keith Richards made a deal with the devil a long time ago. They’ll outlive us all.
And Ozzy 😂 I remember him being interviewed once and they asked him if he'd ever consider writing his autobiography ,he said " It would be the thinnest book in history I can only remember about 2 pages of it " :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha

aymef

I’m really sad about Dame Deborah also, I think in part it’s because I lost both my parents to cancer before I was 24 so my heart breaks for her children.
Sharp reminder life is so short.

• Heart
  • Sad

lannx

To the person who thinks Taylor's death is worth less because drugs were involved... try learning a little empathy. It's still a human life, no matter how he died. He was still important to a hell of a lot of people. He'll still be missed. His loss is no easier to accept. His life wasn't any more expendable just because he used drugs.
FOxZB3mXIAA3i5L.jpeg

• Heart

youRjokingHunz

Chatty Member
DARIUS .. bless your beautiful soul, thank you for being the individual you were and giving us all so much entertainment and joy x

I hope your family feel the love being sent to them

• Heart
Reactions: 20

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Rest in peace Josephine Tewson who played amongst many other roles, Hyacinth’s long-suffering, anxious neighbour in Keeping up Appearances. She’s died at the age of 91

• Sad
  • Heart

Jusa

VIP Member
I'm so shocked that Darius has died. I saw him at the 02 in the Pop Idol concert, and on a Friday evening on Bournemouth seafront many years ago. He was a beautiful, charismatic man with a lovely voice.

• Heart

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Echoing the sentiments about Darius. He always came across as a very classy talented guy. I remember they played his song 'what I meant to say' and 'colourblind' round the clock on the pop channels back in 2002/3! Loved that video!

I remember he said to Nasty Nigel that he was going to have a number one gold charting album by the time he was 30, and give him his due, he certainly did it!

Still feeling shocked by this news tbh ❤

• Heart

Miffy29

VIP Member
So sad about Darius 🥺 Was only listening to his song Colourblind the other day, a pop classic!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Baconbutties

VIP Member
Olivia Newton John has passed away aged 73. This is from her official Facebook page. It has not made headlines yet.
Gutted. I think there will be alot of us who will always remember her as Sandy. Tell me about it stud 😥 I must of watched Grease hundreds of times in my teens.

• Heart
Reactions: 19