Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Have just heard about Kay Mellor. She was a Leeds lass, like me and so her 'work' was often around the area, with filming on location. So sorry for her family and she probably had so much good work inside her. Sounds like it was sudden, so a shock for her loved ones and friends, too.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Amen. When David Bowie died I was an absolute mess at work, I was just sat at my desk crying my eyes out all day. One of my colleagues asked me why I was so upset about the death of some "has been pop singer". I just looked at them incredulously and asked if they had any idea of what he'd meant to me and thousands of others. This quote sums up exactly what I couldn't articulate.

I'm still reeling at Taylor's death. I can't imagine what DG is going through now having lost two dear collaborators both far too early. It's just too sad. What a loss to the world.
Agree. I'm still upset by the death of Charlie Watts. It was instant tears when I heard the news. I was fortunate to see him perform and one the times I saw him, was on his birthday so got to sing happy birthday to him along with the rest of the band and the stadium too.

I'm absolutely dreading the day my other favourites start dying

Maid22

VIP Member
Exactly what my husband says - he fancies Roger Taylor as guest drummer - I think DG will be too heartbroken x

I have tickets for June - mosh pit at my age …. Tenalaydeeeees ahoy x
My oh said the same about about Roger Taylor, especially with him singing Queen songs.
You go for it lovely, never too old for a mosh pit !!

Blurp

VIP Member
I hope it’s not sucide for his parents sake!! That makes it ten times harder than an illness as they or I if it was me would be tormented for the rest of my life with the thought it could have been prevented!! It sounds like it with the wording though!!
They did say 'a short illness' in one report.