Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Character actor Peter Bowles has died aged 86. He is probably best remembered for "To the manor born" and "Only when I laugh", but he appeared in so many other things. RIP Peter.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
I haven't been able to purposely listen to any of the Foo's music so far, I have accidentally heard them twice - last night on Amazon music while I was in the bath and today on the radio and I cried both times. It's still too raw.

I honestly don't know if the band will be able to play the dates coming up with a guest drummer - I know if it was me I couldn't do it. It's not only Dave's bandmate that he's lost but his best friend, his 'brother from another mother, the person he'd take a bullet for' as he put it in his autobiography (get it, it's so good).

To the person who thinks Taylor's death is worth less because drugs were involved... try learning a little empathy. It's still a human life, no matter how he died. He was still important to a hell of a lot of people. He'll still be missed. His loss is no easier to accept. His life wasn't any more expendable just because he used drugs.

• Heart

Chita

VIP Member
The author Raymond Briggs has died.

I have a CD of Bernard Cribbins narrating The Snowman.

Now both him and Raymond are gone.

When The Snowman first came out I watched it with my late mother. It was so magical and a special memory.

Now tinged with great sadness.

• Heart
  • Sad

Eeeww David!

Chatty Member
Just me that finds it weird none of the other GA members have spoken out about Sarah yet?

Perhaps they’re just taking time to digest the news and grieve first before saying anything, though.
I find it weird that unless they publicly announce their grief on social media it means they don't care. People should be allowed to not saying anything at all if they don't want to, it's ok to grieve privately.

• Heart

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Just said on the news that Darius was found on the 11th August.

Saw him on the pop idol tour, absolutely brilliant.

Rest in peace Darius. So sad and far too young

• Sad

Moe

VIP Member
Just heard on the radio Helen McCory has died aged 52. How sad so young brilliant actress. RIP.

• Sad
Fucking cancer. Takes way too many people, and often many younger people. I know he was 58, but a few celebs who've died recently in their early 50s and 40s. I wonder what is causing it. I guess we don't know people's lifestyles IRL. So shitty.

People die at any age and at any time. Doesn't have to be lifestyle, a lot of it is the luck of the draw, genetics etc. Cancer has always been indiscriminate and doesn't give a toss about age.

RIP Sean, he was bloody hilarious.

MissMissMissy

Chatty Member
Sean Lock saying “that’s a challenging wank” on cats does countdown (to Rachel Reilly dressed in fake beard and ski helmet) was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen on TV. Bloody loved him. So sad. Rest in peace fella 💔

• Haha
  • Heart

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
Haven’t thought about Darius for years but this has really shocked me. I think because he is only a year old than me as well, so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Desmond Tutu has passed away at the age of 90

Not only was he an advocate for the abolition of apartheid in South Africa but he was a champion of LGBT rights and same sex marriage once saying:

“I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this”

• Sad
  • Heart

Chita

VIP Member
Very sad to hear this. I so wanted him to get a knighthood before he passed. Shame he never was Sir Bernard.

I have a CD of him narrating The Snowman with an orchestral soundtrack.
I always play it when I'm writing my Christmas cards and wrapping Christmas prezzies. His voice was so wonderful.
Loved him on Jackanory, too.
And loved his songs that were always played on the Junior Choice radio shows.

Very fond of him.
RIP Sir.

• Heart

Spidey2020

So strange colourblind randomly came on my Spotify today wonder if it was some sort of algorithm. Really sad to hear.

• Sad

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
I am so sad about Darius. I was a huge fan, and travelled all over the country to see his shows and events. He was a lovely man, he always had time for us, and he was such a huge talent. A beautiful soul.

• Heart

SoulRebel

VIP Member
Rest in Peace Johnny Briggs who played Mike Baldwin in Corrie. Died today aged 85
One of my daughters lives next door to Johnny's daughter, she had a baby a few weeks ago but he didn't get to see it. Apparently Johnny had been very ill with Alzheimers for quite a while 😥

• Sad
  • Heart

BobbyBoos

VIP Member
Amen. When David Bowie died I was an absolute mess at work, I was just sat at my desk crying my eyes out all day. One of my colleagues asked me why I was so upset about the death of some "has been pop singer". I just looked at them incredulously and asked if they had any idea of what he'd meant to me and thousands of others. This quote sums up exactly what I couldn't articulate.

I'm still reeling at Taylor's death. I can't imagine what DG is going through now having lost two dear collaborators both far too early. It's just too sad. What a loss to the world.
I get this! When Sarah Harding died (thank god it was a Sunday) I was completely beside myself, I didn't think the tears would stop. I was a bit of a loser at school and Girls Aloud were that bit of happiness in my life before I got a bit older and made friends. I came into work the next day to people, much older than me teasing me for being upset. I wish everyone would be a bit more considerate for others feeling.

• Heart
  • Sad

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
RIP Barry Cryer
He was a font of all knowledge in regards comedy and being a comedy writer. He worked with some of the best. If you ever watched a documentary about some of the older comedians like Morecambe & Wise, The Two Ronnies, Kenny Everett, Tommy Cooper etc he would be there as a talking head as he had first hand experience with working with them in some capacity or other

He always had a good word to say and a ear to lend about the modern day comedians as well

He will be greatly missed

• Heart