Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved her show The Syndicate, especially the first two series. Loved how well it was written and constructed to weave each characters story together through the episodes.

Reactions: 6
I liked Fat Friends and Band of Gold, but Playing the Field is top for me. Lorraine Ashbourne and Lesley Sharp were excellent but the writing they were given was superb.

RIP Kay Mellor.

Reactions: 5
Writer Kay Mellor has died aged 71.
So very sad. Here in Yorkshire she's the Queen of writing. I have watched pretty much all her shows over the years. Children's Ward as a show I grew up watching in my school days. Syndicate is really good. She kept being ill private which makes it more of a shock when it's announced. I hope James Corden posts about it on his social media as she gave him his big break in Fat Friends.

Reactions: 2
So very sad. Here in Yorkshire she's the Queen of writing. I have watched pretty much all her shows over the years. Children's Ward as a show I grew up watching in my school days. Syndicate is really good. She kept being ill private which makes it more of a shock when it's announced. I hope James Corden posts about it on his social media as she gave him his big break in Fat Friends.
Even the Yorkshire Queen of writing is allowed one mistake! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I liked kay Mellor's adaptation of Jane Eyre, I always watch it when it is repeated on television.

Reactions: 1
Even the Yorkshire Queen of writing is allowed one mistake! 😄
To be fair to him he's acknowledged her with some lovely words. Without her casting him in Fat Friends he might never have got to Gavin and Stacey and the rest that followed. I hope that BBC repeat again the series of The Syndicate when Lenny Henry was a autistic character.

Reactions: 3
To be fair to him he's acknowledged her with some lovely words. Without her casting him in Fat Friends he might never have got to Gavin and Stacey and the rest that followed. I hope that BBC repeat again the series of The Syndicate when Lenny Henry was a autistic character.

He met Ruth Jones on Fat Friends so most probably Gavin & Stacey would never have happened if he hadn’t have been casted on Fat Friends

He met Ruth Jones on Fat Friends so most probably Gavin & Stacey would never have happened if he hadn’t have been casted on Fat Friends
And of course the wonderful Alison Steadman who inspired the iconic character Pamela. She really brought together a dream team in her dramas.

• Heart
RIP
Mr S is gutted, one of his favourite bands ever, Andy had been suffering from ill health for a while according to friends of friends.:cry::cry:
I am so so sad. I was wondering what had happened to him. He looked really thin in the latest pics I had seen. The Canvey Island boys will be raising a glass tonight.

Dammit! The grim reaper is after my musical idols now! I love Depeche Mode and saw them the most in my youth. R.I.P. the tall gangly one who waves his arms about. 🌹

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.