ResortTV1 #9 Guys, you don’t have to send money, but please use PayPal!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least the money went to a good cause because otherwise I’d feel bad that this lady wasted her money going to the party with Josh. I haven’t watched much but when I did tune in it seemed like he was just kinda bossing them around and insisting on what to do…and unless I saw wrong it also looked like they held his parade spot just like his parents usually do. 🙄

I dunno why anyone would want to hang out with him. He just uses everyone as his assistants…

I didn’t see the moment when someone questioned his gimbal but I’m not surprised that he just used it as another opportunity to tell people he is ~media~. He could’ve just nicely explained that it doesn’t extend but of course he has to be obnoxious! 🫠

Reactions: 7
At least the money went to a good cause because otherwise I’d feel bad that this lady wasted her money going to the party with Josh.
I would never subject my child to 6 hours of Josh Nelson. One thing I saw was Josh happily spinning and laughing it up in the teacups with the mother and daughter. Never seen him so giddy with his own family members. I think last year’s “winners” just met up to say hello to Josh and went off by themselves. They were in Animal Kingdom if I remember correctly.

Reactions: 3
Tuned in just as the parade was ending, and someone was asking him how he gets away with his camera setup (meaning gimbal, which she thought was a selfie stick). He said they were the "biggest Disney streamer" with almost 180k subscribers, and they have a media contact who emails them with any changes about what they can and can't do in the parks. He may be riding solo tonight, but his ego is big enough for the whole family.
Josh isn’t tit in the Disney community. Sending an email to the media contact to bug them about getting into an event does not mean you have an “in” with the company. Josh only gets the invites to events that Disney needs to pump up (Jollywood or Galactic Starcruiser). Otherwise, he’s small potatoes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Are Josh and Jenna putting all the difficult Thanksgiving meal preparations all on their elderly mom and dad again this year?
---
Josh isn’t tit in the Disney community. Sending an email to the media contact to bug them about getting into an event does not mean you have an “in” with the company. Josh only gets the invites to events that Disney needs to pump up (Jollywood or Galactic Starcruiser). Otherwise, he’s small potatoes.
Josh needs to be very careful with his words here, look what happened with Tim Tracker who was saying the same thing. He was blindsided by the action against him, his special contact did not stop Disney from excluding him from anything media related for well over a year when they were presented with facts of who Tim was at his core. He's still not restored to anything really special beyond what the very basics are. Tim shook up how Disney deals with social media people, Josh very well may do the same, and there's a chance he won't like what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
At least the money went to a good cause because otherwise I’d feel bad that this lady wasted her money going to the party with Josh. I haven’t watched much but when I did tune in it seemed like he was just kinda bossing them around and insisting on what to do…and unless I saw wrong it also looked like they held his parade spot just like his parents usually do. 🙄

I dunno why anyone would want to hang out with him. He just uses everyone as his assistants…

I didn’t see the moment when someone questioned his gimbal but I’m not surprised that he just used it as another opportunity to tell people he is ~media~. He could’ve just nicely explained that it doesn’t extend but of course he has to be obnoxious! 🫠
Exactly this - Josh always has an agenda. He did ride the teacups with them, which he doesn't usually do. But he had to ride Space Mountain (probably because Jenna didn't at the first party), and they didn't want to, so he told them he'd meet up with them on Main St for the last show. Of course, after he finished Space Mountain, he snuck in a solo Peoplemover, even though he'd told them they would all ride that together. That made him late to the show, so there was no meeting up for it.

Luckily, they found Josh after so they could (plot twist!) advertise their Orlando vacation rental home. Glad they got more out of the night than just charitable donation tax deduction and a bag full of cookies (because Josh was Ron-like in his focus on collecting as many as he could without stopping to eat them).

By the end of the night, Josh was giddy about what a great night it was, the best evening, a perfect MVMCP. Or maybe that was just the sugar high from the many, many cups of hot cocoa talking. Either way, I'm sure it made Jenna feel great to see how happy he was to be at the party without her.

Reactions: 7
Tuned in just as the parade was ending, and someone was asking him how he gets away with his camera setup (meaning gimbal, which she thought was a selfie stick). He said they were the "biggest Disney streamer" with almost 180k subscribers, and they have a media contact who emails them with any changes about what they can and can't do in the parks. He may be riding solo tonight, but his ego is big enough for the whole family.
Strange how he adopts that attitude when it comes to status but not when it comes to donations. You'd think he'd say they're the biggest Disney streamer and on top of that it's a side job, so they don't need your money.

Reactions: 6
Sending an email to the media contact to bug them about getting into an event does not mean you have an “in” with the company.
And you know he's sending endless emails, especially if he doesn't get an invite to every event.

Reactions: 3
And you know he's sending endless emails, especially if he doesn't get an invite to every event.
I like when Josh doesn’t get an invite, and then, he says something like he’s too busy or the event didn’t interest him.

I’m close friends with someone who is near the top of the media invite list (oh man, I just did a Josh brag?). Disney is always holding events for their parks, for new menu items, DVC room refurbs, etc. They have different tiers of invites. There’s the traditional media outlets and the core group of influencers, like AllEars, etc. They will always get an invite.

Then you have the flavors of the month, like RTV. When it’s not a super exclusive event, then Disney extends these invites. If they want to pump something up (Jollywood), then they’ll extend the invites to almost everyone on the list. They know that these people will pretty much shill for the company because they’re happy for the invite.

Btw, Disney didn’t reach out to Josh, but instead, Josh bothered the tit of the media dept to get on the list. Now they just throw him a bone every so often to shut him up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I like when Josh doesn’t get an invite, and then, he says something like he’s too busy or the event didn’t interest him.

I’m close friends with someone who is near the top of the media invite list (oh man, I just did a Josh brag?). Disney is always holding events for their parks, for new menu items, DVC room refurbs, etc. They have different tiers of invites. There’s the traditional media outlets and the core group of influencers, like AllEars, etc. They will always get an invite.

Then you have the flavors of the month, like RTV. When it’s not a super exclusive event, then Disney extends these invites. If they want to pump something up (Jollywood), then they’ll extend the invites to almost everyone on the list. They know that these people will pretty much shill for the company because they’re happy for the invite.

Btw, Disney didn’t reach out to Josh, but instead, Josh bothered the tit of the media dept to get on the list. Now they just throw him a bone every so often to shut him up.
Josh has most certainly let being invited to a couple media nights go to his head. I'm curious if he's even aware that even corporate Disney folk do not swear by everything the company does. They plan, they dot their "i"s, cross their "t"s (and fingers) and they stand back and hope what they've done is good enough to pass. They need honest feedback as fuel to get more funding to better their projects. (Jollywood was clearly underfunded.)

Idiots who genuflect the sign of the mouse, proclaiming all is glorious and flat out stating non-believers are haters don't help. They just show how desperate they are for eternal salvation in the land where popcorn flows.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
1700844170119.png

Josh prides himself in being logical, and yet he failed in a huge way here in his attempt to squash this poster's claim that Jollywood is a $200+ night event that's not worth it.

Josh wants to compare to Mickey's Very Merry... so let's do that:
A ticket for MVMCP (pre-tax) is about $180, you have 8 hours in the park, (3 hour early admittance) the last 5 of which are official party hours (they let you in starting at 4). The party includes more than 30 characters to meet and greet, an impressive, long parade that happens twice, a huge fireworks show, numerous stage performances and 5 stops for free cookies and free drinks, no need to buy food or drink.

A ticket to Jollywood (pre-tax) is about $160, you have 5 hours in the park (1 hour early admittance). The party includes around 10 characters to meet and greet, no parade, a show with some fireworks, two stage performances and no free food at all.

Ignoring parking, which for some reason Josh harped on, it's very clear that the event can't hold a candle to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and assuming you're human and will want something to eat and drink other than water, will cost you $200 or more once you have a few non-alcoholic drinks and a few snacks.

I am not hating on Jollywood, I have not attended so have no stake in this game, but from a logical standpoint it certainly appears to be a weak start from Disney if they want to continue this annually it will need more added, or a lower price point (which they won't do). That first night was a mess. The feedback they got from those who attended it was semi-helpful to fund more, and they made changes, but I maintain that the overwhelming number of media folk were the biggest problem.

Josh didn't experience any problem as he didn't attempt to do as the rest of the pack did - he decided to sit and be happy, and that's okay, it was his choice, but he cannot speak for the others who were there and he's putting their opinions down, pretending he knows what they did and what they're thinking.
We call that arrogance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Classic Josh. He always has to get the last word and over explain everything. Why not just agree that the price is steep? A simple, "I don't think every party cost that much, but I agree that it is an expensive event", would go a long way.
It kills him that he can't have the last word on Tattle.
That's why he all too often attempts to squash what is said here in his streams, to the point that his attempts come across as awkward and out of sync with the rest of the stream and commentary. I've seen many viewers questioning what in the world he's talking about.

And still we get the last word in, should we want.
In Josh's own words: "So, yeah." :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So $5 he brings up media passes or invites tonight.
You know what? I'll take that bet... but let's make it 200 Jeff points :ROFLMAO:
Josh reads here every chance he gets (to the point that he's been known to read it in the men's room when he hands off the phone to Jenna) so he's most likely seen our comments. If he talks about media or invites, he likes you better than me 🤪 LOL.
If he likes me better than you by refraining from comments on media/invites I'll have to ramp up my game.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
View attachment 2590446

Josh prides himself in being logical, and yet he failed in a huge way here in his attempt to squash this poster's claim that Jollywood is a $200+ night event that's not worth it.

A ticket for MVMCP (pre-tax) is about $180, you have 8 hours in the park, (3 hour early admittance) the last 5 of which are official party hours (they let you in starting at 4). The party includes more than 30 characters to meet and greet, an impressive, long parade that happens twice, a huge fireworks show, numerous stage performances and 5 stops for free cookies and free drinks, no need to buy food or drink.

A ticket to Jollywood (pre-tax) is about $160, you have 5 hours in the park (1 hour early admittance). The party includes around 10 characters to meet and greet, no parade, a show with some fireworks, two stage performances and no free food at all.

Ignoring parking, which for some reason Josh harped on, it's very clear that the event can't hold a candle to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and assuming you're human and will want something to eat and drink other than water, will cost you $200 or more once you have a few non-alcoholic drinks and a few snacks.

I am not hating on Jollywood, I have not attended so have no stake in this game, but from a logical standpoint it certainly appears to be a weak start from Disney if they want to continue this annually it will need more added, or a lower price point (which they won't do). That first night was a mess. The feedback they got from those who attended it was semi-helpful to fund more, and they made changes, but I maintain that the overwhelming number of media folk were the biggest problem.

Josh didn't experience any problem as he didn't attempt to do as the rest of the pack did - he decided to sit and be happy, and that's okay, it was his choice, but he cannot speak for the others who were there and he's putting their opinions down, pretending he knows what they did and what they're thinking.
We call that arrogance.

• Haha
View attachment 2590446

We call that arrogance.
We did Jollywood and even after getting our money back for Night 1, the changes they made for the next 2 parties still doesn't line up for the $$$ they are asking for. Honestly if they closed DHS at 6, and the party started at 7:30 and ended at 12:30 you'd be getting closer to a better value.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.