ResortTV1 #7 I'm having a heart attack; let's go to Epcot!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Treating dad like a pack mule just proves again what a crappy human and father Josh is. Anyone who becomes a parent soon realizes what a hard job it is and can empathize with the hard work and sacrifices their parents went through raising them. I truly wonder how Josh & Jenna will survive when their parents can no longer take care of them. Mom & dad Nelson need to start ticking things off their bucket list in their golden years and let their grown ass adult children fend for themselves
Love and care are two different, but usually related animals.
I have no doubt Josh and Jenna love their parents, but they don't show care.
It's nearly always the parents caring for the 40-something year old kids.

I know Jenna will be emotionally broken when the sad day comes that her mom passes.
Josh will be sad, but turn to "it's life."

Reactions: 8
What sticks in my mind is the time during the Arts Festival when Jenna was at the park with her dad. She tried a grilled cheese sandwich with brie on it, instead of the basic grilled cheese that was also on the menu. Of course, she didn't like it. Immediately, her dad is up and running back to the stand to buy her the boring one.

I tried to imagine this happening between my dad and me and couldn't. Not necessarily because my dad wouldn't offer, but because I'd NEVER expect him to. If I wanted a different sammich, I'd get it (and pay for it) myself because there's absolutely no reason I couldn't. I assume Jenna just sat there waiting for her dad to offer.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What sticks in my mind is the time during the Arts Festival when Jenna was at the park with her dad. She tried a grilled cheese sandwich with brie on it, instead of the basic grilled cheese that was also on the menu. Of course, she didn't like it. Immediately, her dad is up and running back to the stand to buy her the boring one.

I tried to imagine this happening between my dad and me and couldn't. Not necessarily because my dad wouldn't offer, but because I'd NEVER expect him to. If I wanted a different sammich, I'd get it (and pay for it) myself because there's absolutely no reason I couldn't. I assume Jenna just sat there waiting for her dad to offer.
I remember that as well as the many times that have followed with Mom and Dad partnering up to fetch the cookies and cokes, or lunches.
The parents are treated like support staff, only they're not making a dime and they have served their time as the parents to these two lazy butts.

It's well past time for M&D to sit back and be served by the kids, and not just here or there, ALL the time.

Last edited:
I remember that as well as the many times that have followed with Mom and dad partnering up to fetch the cookies and cokes.
The parents are treated like support staff, only they're not making a dime and they have served their time as the parents to these two lazy butts.
Time for M&D to sit back and be served, and not just here or there, ALL the time.
I wonder if the parents try to bail out and just get guilt trips from J&J until they give in. Is this why Jenna doesn't get a real job? Because she can't bring her parents to work?

• Haha
I've debated on whether to say anything or not on this. I've gone through a horrible 5 years with both parents having different types of dementia. I've guilted myself into wondering how I could have missed the signs and what can I do to help others, as early diagnosis and treatment helps delay it.

I'm not a neurologist, and it does require a very lengthy trip to one to get the diagnosis. Memory issues can also be related to other things going on, or medication being taken to treat those other issues. However, going off my experience with what I saw with my dad, their dad is showing the same signs. Now, is there a chance their dad has always been a bit absent minded? Sure, we never knew him before he started making appearances with Jenna and Josh, but to me he's gone downhill since then.

IMHO, dementia is one of the cruelest diseases. The notion that the patient is unaware of what is going on is entirely wrong. They know, and it rips them apart as they don't understand why they're feeling lost.

When these issues are noticed the KIDS are the ones who MUST step up and force the parents to the physician. They MUST be the ones to sit in the car and assess their parent's driving skills and take the keys away when they're not seeing the road, pedestrians, lights, or getting too distracted. It's impossibly hard, but it saves lives.

JOSH and JENNA MUST STEP UP and start caring. They're depending on a long, good history of their parents always being there and not looking at the future which may be right around the corner. IMHO, Dale shows the most caring out of the younger generation. Steph is too wrapped up in her own existance and kid. Josh's caring is out on Mars and Jenna flits between being a child and an adult, whichever suits her needs best.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I've debated on whether to say anything or not on this. I've gone through a horrible 5 years with both parents having different types of dementia. I've guilted myself into wondering how I could have missed the signs and what can I do to help others, as early diagnosis and treatment helps delay it.

I'm not a neurologist, and it does require a very lengthy trip to one to get the diagnosis. Memory issues can also be related to other things going on, or medication being taken to treat those other issues. However, going off my experience with what I saw with my dad, their dad is showing the same signs. Now, is there a chance their dad has always been a bit absent minded? Sure, we never knew him before he started making appearances with Jenna and Josh, but to me he's gone downhill since then.

IMHO, dementia is one of the cruelest diseases. The notion that the patient is unaware of what is going on is entirely wrong. They know, and it rips them apart as they don't understand why they're feeling lost.

When these issues are noticed the KIDS are the ones who MUST step up and force the parents to the physician. They MUST be the ones to sit in the car and assess their parent's driving skills and take the keys away when they're not seeing the road, pedestrians, lights, or getting too distracted. It's impossibly hard, but it saves lives.

JOSH and JENNA MUST STEP UP and start caring. They're depending on a long, good history of their parents always being there and not looking at the future which may be right around the corner. IMHO, Dale shows the most caring out of the younger generation. Steph is too wrapped up in her own existance and kid. Josh's caring is out on Mars and Jenna flits between being a child and an adult, whichever suits her needs best.
My heart goes out to you. I know others who have been going through the same issues with their parents and it is beyond heartbreaking and exceptionally cruel to all involved. My own parents are slightly older than Josh's and I share a house with them. They're both active and in relatively good health, but I'm constantly on guard for early signs of dementia and it can be hard to differentiate between that and just the usual forgetfulness or confusion of getting older. Please try not to feel guilty, it's not straightforward enough that the signs are going to be obvious to anyone in those early stages.

I've often wondered if Josh and Jenna are in denial that their parents are getting older and that's one of the reasons they continue to push them to be so active and mobile with constant trips to the park. When I was there with my parents a couple of weeks ago, we had to take it slower than I would have alone, because of the heat and my mom's tricky knee and all our advancing ages. And that was absolutely fine. But every time I see J&J on another several-hours stream with their parents I wonder how much they're avoiding really thinking about mom and dad's health. Even walking from the parking lot to a park entrance can be grueling for many.

• Heart
Man, I really hope that’s not the case with Dad. I’ve talked to him a few times. He is a sweet person. ☹

Btw, any EPIC streams this weekend, or is Josh too afraid to go to the parks with the Gay and Fabulous crowds?

Reactions: 9
Btw, any EPIC streams this weekend, or is Josh too afraid to go to the parks with the Gay and Fabulous crowds?
Oh,he mentioned streaming from UNIVERSAL tonight. It's a rather odd coincidence that he suddenly gets the urge to stream at Universal during gay days at Disney. I'm sure it takes place at Universal, as well, but maybe not as much? I'm watching Meyers in Magic Kingdom and there is a lot of gay pride.

As far as the Nelson parents go, when I became old enough to know better, I pampered my parents. I took them to Disney many times as senior citizens and I would never in my wildest dreams have them fetch me anything. They insisted on paying for a nice meal, but everything else was taken care of by me. If I forgot napkins, I would haul my own ass back to the stand to get some. I will never forget Jenna telling her mother that she forgot napkins and pointed her in the direction where they were. Meanwhile, she sat with the gimble on the table. So entitled and spoiled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Could you imagine if mom or dad Nelson ever reached their breaking point and chewed out Josh or Jenna on stream for their entitled, spoiled behavior 😂 It would be their most viewed stream ever. I might even pay to see it

• Haha
Just watched some of yesterday's stream and I'm disgusted with the care they showed their dad. I was an orthopedics RN and it is NEVER okay for an older person to get up from a fall and continue to walk around a busy park. Pain receptors decrease as we age and Josh and Jenna's dad could have done some real damage. You could tell his dad wanted to leave but felt the need to stay so Josh and Jenna could continue with the Park to Park streaming crap. We all know Jenna won't stream alone so her mommy had to go with her to Epcot. After that fall, mom should have taken dad home to rest. They had no issues dropping everything when Josh had his little "heart attack" episode. What a bunch of selfish people.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Just watched some of yesterday's stream and I'm disgusted with the care they showed their dad. I was an orthopedics RN and it is NEVER okay for an older person to get up from a fall and continue to walk around a busy park. Pain receptors decrease as we age and Josh and Jenna's dad could have done some real damage. You could tell his dad wanted to leave but felt the need to stay so Josh and Jenna could continue with the Park to Park streaming crap. We all know Jenna won't stream alone so her mommy had to go with her to Epcot. After that fall, mom should have taken dad home to rest. They had no issues dropping everything when Josh had his little "heart attack" episode. What a bunch of selfish people.
In the sphere of ResortTV1 only Josh is relevant and the rest are expendable to him. It reminds me of how Josh found his dog Porty dead on the other side of his office door when he woke up. Josh only cares about Josh and money.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
You could tell his dad wanted to leave but felt the need to stay so Josh and Jenna could continue with the Park to Park streaming crap.
The whole situation is worse than I thought. I had to go back to see where the fall is mentioned. They bring it up around 14:47. It happened before the stream. Jenna asks dad if he is coming with her and mom and he says no. Dad said he wants to sit down and eat popcorn, but he was just following Josh around, including standing up for the fireworks show. Whenever Josh gave him the stream, he would talk about his hip pain. It just makes no sense to me. Even if he said he was fine, let mom take him home. At the very least, insist that he sits down. But yes, the epic double fireworks would not have happened without parental guidance for Jenna.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Didn't Dad fall before? I would have honestly insisted that my father leave the park and go home and get some rest. Their kids are insufferable. It's painful to see mom + dad try to show their presence as an act of love and their kids continue to take advantage of them and play on this "wonderful family dynamic"

• Sad
Didn't Dad fall before? I would have honestly insisted that my father leave the park and go home and get some rest. Their kids are insufferable. It's painful to see mom + dad try to show their presence as an act of love and their kids continue to take advantage of them and play on this "wonderful family dynamic"
A kid ran into him and knocked him over in one of the parks, I think last year. And, if I remember correctly, it took him a fair while to recover.

Reactions: 5
I want to feel bad for the dad but he allows himself to be used and abused by his adult children. So whatever. Woo hoo.

Reactions: 4
I want to feel bad for the dad but he allows himself to be used and abused by his adult children. So whatever. Woo hoo.
I think the parents guilt-tripped themselves over the loss of their older child to the point that they'd do anything for the two youngest.
I doubt they reached out for any kind of therapy to help them through the loss as therapy was considered taboo back 30-40 years ago.

Reactions: 7
I hate to pry, but have they ever talked about the loss? Was it illness or accident? One of my dear friends lost her oldest in a car accident. She was the driver. Though she wasn’t at fault she has lived with guilt over 20 years. Her two younger children have a ton of issues because of this. I see a Josh and Jenna in 20 years.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.