Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read this yesterday. The treatment this poor girl and her family have suffered is appalling. No wonder so few women come forward with rape allegations when the police take this attitude. Just 12 years old :(

Her friends/mum post stuff about her on TikTok a lot it’s heartbreaking

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I read this yesterday. The treatment this poor girl and her family have suffered is appalling. No wonder so few women come forward with rape allegations when the police take this attitude. Just 12 years old :(

Goodness that’s hard to read. That poor girl and her poor family. Disgraceful that the mum was convicted of assaulting the alleged rapist (I presume)…..I hope she gave him a good beating!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Sabina Nessa's murderer has been given a life sentence with a minimum term of 36 years https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61021379 He refused to turn up to court, I don't know why criminals have the right to refuse to attend. They should be forced to face their victims families and listen to the pain they have caused.

The details of what he did are just terrifying, Sabina's poor family having to live with that

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I live about 15 mins from where Sabina was murdered. It's not the nicest area and I might not fancy walking around late at night, but it would never have occurred to me that someone might get attacked in the early evening when it's still light. And somehow it being a completely random attack makes it worse - that it was just chance she chose to take that short cut at a time when he was there waiting for an unaccompanied woman to come past, and that also just at that moment there was no one else around :(

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I live about 15 mins from where Sabina was murdered. It's not the nicest area and I might not fancy walking around late at night, but it would never have occurred to me that someone might get attacked in the early evening when it's still light. And somehow it being a completely random attack makes it worse - that it was just chance she chose to take that short cut at a time when he was there waiting for an unaccompanied woman to come past, and that also just at that moment there was no one else around :(
Sadly it really was a case of wrong place, wrong time. 😣

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m so angry he was not made face victim impact statements. Is it a choice? I have never heard of this before. RIP Sabina, you made a positive impact in this world giving to your students. I just despair.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He should of been dragged to court today to listen to the families victim impact statements and hear his sentence from the judge.
Absolute disgrace that he can actually refuse to attend.
Rest in peace Sabina x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sadly it really was a case of wrong place, wrong time. 😣
I'm sorry but I absolutely hate this saying.
Sabina was completely where she should have been. Walking down the road to meet her friend.
He's a bleeping monster.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Sabina was completely where she should have been. Walking down the road to meet her friend.
He's a bleeping monster.
Me too. It inadvertently reinforces victim blaming. All she was doing was being out in the world and she ends up brutally attacked and murdered. She was not in the “wrong” place / time, she was just there, existing like all of us are.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
He's a bleeping monster.
So true! I always remember that line from little boy blue about Rhys Jones who was shot in Liverpool and his Mum said the Same thing, he was a young boy coming home from football , which is where he was supposed to be

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes, I used to say this phrase too but not anymore. She was just walking to where she was going. Nice long sentence for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Jeez I wasn’t victim blaming at all.
She did nothing wrong.
Sorry if that’s what you thought I was implying.
I meant it could have been any one of us.
I almost ended my post by saying “there but for the grace of God” but didn’t in case it offended anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I read someone on Twitter saying that people who refuse to come out and face the judge as they’re sentenced should have a few years added on. Sounds fair to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Finally a verdict in this poor little boys murder trial. It was a long, largely unreported on, court case.
Nathan Pope guilty of murder
Alicia Watson not guilty of murder, guilty of causing & allowing.
Both guilty of multiple counts of cruelty also.

RIP Kemarni 🤍

• Sad
Reactions: 10

Finally a verdict in this poor little boys murder trial. It was a long, largely unreported on, court case.
Nathan Pope guilty of murder
Alicia Watson not guilty of murder, guilty of causing & allowing.
Both guilty of multiple counts of cruelty also.

RIP Kemarni 🤍
Why are the useless mothers in these cases never ever found guilty of murder. They may not deliver the final blow but they are just as culpable imo . A very under reported case I agree with you.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.