Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its good to see these tariffs being used. I personally think more people deserve them.
I'm not a supporter of the death penalty but I believe if you take a life in cold blood - e.g. first degree murder - then you should receive Life without Parole.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm not morally opposed to the death penalty for the worst of the worst, but there are any number of reasons not to actually do it.

Reactions: 7
Anyone recall the Ellie Butler case. Maybe it has been spoken about before. It's enough to make the blood boil, the sheer ineptitude by a certain judge is almost beyond the realms of reality. Horrible pile of shite.

I'd like to read some thoughts from you folk about what happened in this case.

On a side note, I subscribe to crime and investigation on Amazon prime, its about 4 quid a month. Some of the stuff on there is really good, especially if you have an interest in this kind of thing which I am guessing most of you have.

Reactions: 9
Anyone recall the Ellie Butler case. Maybe it has been spoken about before. It's enough to make the blood boil, the sheer ineptitude by a certain judge is almost beyond the realms of reality. Horrible pile of shite.

literally just read about it for the first time and am speechless. also read about some of that judge’s other rulings and i don’t know how someone can lack basic compassion so epically. on the one hand pleading with madeline mccann’s kidnapper to return her and on the other ordering that a young girl should be returned to her (already proven to be violent) father?!

the facts as i’ve read them remind me a little of the case described in “dear zachary”, if anyone has watched that. i remain angry about it and hope that judge thinks about it for every day of her life.

Reactions: 3
I have mixed feelings about this: on the one hand, what a bleep, clearly desperate for all the attention he can get.
On the other hand why should it be treated as a 'minor offence' of the type magistrates courts usually deal with in the first place? It's a sex crime committed by a violent murderer.
But at the same time I can't help thinking what's the point of prosecuting him now anyway when he has a whole life tariff? It's like in America where they're like you're sentenced to 327 years or whatever.

Reactions: 8
I have mixed feelings about this: on the one hand, what a bleep, clearly desperate for all the attention he can get.
On the other hand why should it be treated as a 'minor offence' of the type magistrates courts usually deal with in the first place? It's a sex crime committed by a violent murderer.
But at the same time I can't help thinking what's the point of prosecuting him now anyway when he has a whole life tariff? It's like in America where they're like you're sentenced to 327 years or whatever.
I totally agree! I hate that he is allowed to request that too. When you take a human life in the way he did then you should be stripped of all human rights. Like the Nessa killer choosing not to go into court to hear the verdict and the David Ames guy smirking in court. How dare they have such front, they should be hanging their disgusting heads in absolute shame and be begging for forgiveness.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It seems that every day another Met officer is up in court, the latest being a detective who thought that he was meeting a girl of 13 (bringing condoms and lubricant with him) but met an undercover officer instead. There's something very wrong with their recruitment and culture, other forces recognise that, and it's time that they were fully investigated by an independent body in public. The very first Detective Department in the 19th century had to be disbanded for corruption and the force doesn't seem to have improved much from that point.

I live about 15 mins from where Sabina was murdered. It's not the nicest area and I might not fancy walking around late at night, but it would never have occurred to me that someone might get attacked in the early evening when it's still light. And somehow it being a completely random attack makes it worse - that it was just chance she chose to take that short cut at a time when he was there waiting for an unaccompanied woman to come past, and that also just at that moment there was no one else around :(
And there were plenty of people who immediately jumped to it being an honour killing, purely because of her ethnicity. Her ethnicity had nothing to do with it, being a woman had everything. I wonder if those people have reflected on their immediate conclusions and resolved to be less racist in future.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

On a side note, I subscribe to crime and investigation on Amazon prime, its about 4 quid a month. Some of the stuff on there is really good, especially if you have an interest in this kind of thing which I am guessing most of you have.
I went deep on that case - it was where I discovered WebSleuths.
I got far too involved and it deeply upset me.
My eldest was at the same primary school as Ellie as it felt very close to home.
I imagine the mother is out now. witch.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I hear ya! I also get pissed off at the vast amounts of money and resources being spent on the vile creature!

Reactions: 5

Game over for his career and his fans should desert him. The only solace is he's admitted to it so she doesn't have to live through a trial where a jury might have found him not guilty.

Reactions: 4

This is quite harrowing reading about Ellie and her younger sister. The mother was completely besotted by the father despite the violence towards her and her daughters. Even after he killed Ellie and the evidence was clear, she was still visiting him in prison and blowing him kisses in court. The saddest part now is that the little sister is deeply traumatised and the maternal grandparents who had raised Ellie don’t feel they can be her carers or even see her, they too have been so affected. The father was an evil bastard. The mother was delusional. Those poor girls and the poor grandparents.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

This is quite harrowing reading about Ellie and her younger sister. The mother was completely besotted by the father despite the violence towards her and her daughters. Even after he killed Ellie and the evidence was clear, she was still visiting him in prison and blowing him kisses in court. The saddest part now is that the little sister is deeply traumatised and the maternal grandparents who had raised Ellie don’t feel they can be her carers or even see her, they too have been so affected. The father was an evil bastard. The mother was delusional. Those poor girls and the poor grandparents.
Thank you for posting this. I remember this case vividly but that report delves deeper. My god the man is a living breathing monster!

I presume Jennie Gray had some form of Stockholm Syndrome? The levels she stooped to appease him? Or maybe she was just as evil as he is? Then I learn of the sexual injuries. What a twisted existenc.

Reactions: 7
Thank you for posting this. I remember this case vividly but that report delves deeper. My god the man is a living breathing monster!

I presume Jennie Gray had some form of Stockholm Syndrome? The levels she stooped to appease him? Or maybe she was just as evil as he is? Then I learn of the sexual injuries. What a twisted existenc.
I think it was some kind of Stockholm syndrome, he has such a huge power over her. He forced her to have an abortion. He abused her in every way. Forced her to work whilst he didn’t, yet he’d moan constantly to her about having to look after their children whilst she worked. The girls were abused, they saw the father abuse the mother. It’s absolutely heartbreaking.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

What a soft judge. She should have seen a couple of years inside. Drugs ruin lives. The judge wouldn't have gone as soft on a older bloke, but a younger woman gets away with it pretty much.

Speaking of drug mules, did anyone watch the documentary with Michaela Mcollum (Peru two) there's a thread on it but no one comments on it.

It was quite interesting to see what actually happened and how naive she was, I'm not saying she didn't know what she was doing because she was well aware it was drug smuggling , just the fact she got on a plane to Peru without a second thought almost and not knowing where it was

Speaking of drug mules, did anyone watch the documentary with Michaela Mcollum (Peru two) there's a thread on it but no one comments on it.

It was quite interesting to see what actually happened and how naive she was, I'm not saying she didn't know what she was doing because she was well aware it was drug smuggling , just the fact she got on a plane to Peru without a second thought almost and not knowing where it was

How / where can I watch the documentary?

It was BBC so should be on iplayer - it was good but told very much from Michaelas perspective so not very unbiased in my opinion

Thanks
Found it on bbc iPlayer,
BBC 3: High: Confessions of an Ibiza Drug Mule
The story of Michaella McCollum who was arrested whilst drug smuggling in Peru in 2013.
She also has a book out! “You'll Never See Daylight Again”

I agree it is only really from her perspective, but I can see how she was tangled up in it, I do feel they def saw a very easy target. To start with £5000 for what she did! Not a lot is it? She was definitely very naive.
I am nearly thinking she was set up? Like it was mentioned in the programme, they pulled her & Melissa Reid, but who got through with what other drugs?

I think she’s paid her price, she has two gorgeous kids now. Although I did read on google she doesn’t have their dad on the birth cert? He isn’t involved. Is she living in Dungannon area still?

I think the two of them surviving that prison in Peru is an accomplishment in itself! And the fact she won the election to be the delegate after learning Spanish, I think is pretty impressive!

Reactions: 2

This case is just so sad and to think she was so happy with her Grandparents why did they even want her back ?
The court documents make for distressing reading
Children really do not have a voice 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.