Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do men do this???? He seemed like a normal bloke, had everything to live for and he does this? Are these guys able to hide it well or do they just snap or what? I’m so sad for that poor girl, she hadn’t even had a chance to live 🥺😞

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Just read Bobbi-Anne was 4ft 11, what a monster 😭
Awful isn't it, she must have looked younger. Horrifying that he would do that to someone who, for all he knew, could have been a young teenager :(

It was only 6pm I think, not late at night or anything. I thought at first he'd offered her a lift and then attacked her later (like a sexual assault gone wrong or something) but from the article saying he 'bundled her' into his car, it sounds like killing her was always his intention.

That poor girl and her poor family.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I've just been reading online about poor Hakeem. I think that it's probably not attracted as much press outside the local area because (not that this makes it any better, she was still a terrible parent) it sounds more like his mum appallingly neglected him, causing his death hence the manslaughter charge, rather than murdering him as in the case of Arthur and the other poor little children like Star and Logan.

(I hope that doesn't sound like I'm defending her in any way, that's not how it's meant).

It seem Hakeem's mum wasn't even charged until last year, 4 years after he died. I can't understand why it took so long though? I know cases often take a long time from being charged to the trial actually taking place, but 4 years to just be charged seems a really long time.

Reactions: 16
That Guardian piece quoted by @paigelemonade is the provides the most detailed coverage on this case so far that I’ve read.💔

such a sad case :( the photo of him in the article really caught me off guard because of how “normal” he looks - you see guys like that everywhere, just completely average. it sounds like a completely spontaneous act too; the detail of her headphones and tobacco being left on the pavement because he’d grabbed her with such force is devastating.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I've just been reading online about poor Hakeem. I think that it's probably not attracted as much press outside the local area because (not that this makes it any better, she was still a terrible parent) it sounds more like his mum appallingly neglected him, causing his death hence the manslaughter charge, rather than murdering him as in the case of Arthur and the other poor little children like Star and Logan.

(I hope that doesn't sound like I'm defending her in any way, that's not how it's meant).

It seem Hakeem's mum wasn't even charged until last year, 4 years after he died. I can't understand why it took so long though? I know cases often take a long time from being charged to the trial actually taking place, but 4 years to just be charged seems a really long time.
Yeah it makes sense, i think cause Birmingham live have been doing the live court transcripts it makes you realise how badly he was failed. Poor boy. Waking up with an asthma attack and going outside for air because he couldn’t wake his mum and then dying. He had a grim life.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Why is it some cases make national news and others don't? I've never heard anything about Bobbi-Ann McLeod except on here. I can see why, say, the Sarah Everard case was so huge because of who the perpetrator was but aside from that why are some cases and names ingrained into the social consciousness and others aren't? Genuine question.

Reactions: 16
Why is it some cases make national news and others don't? I've never heard anything about Bobbi-Ann McLeod except on here. I can see why, say, the Sarah Everard case was so huge because of who the perpetrator was but aside from that why are some cases and names ingrained into the social consciousness and others aren't? Genuine question.
The ones where people are missing a while before being found dead tend to get a lot of interest, because the story is built up over days.

Cases with multiple victims or child victims tend also to get a lot of coverage.

Reactions: 5
Yeah it makes sense, i think cause Birmingham live have been doing the live court transcripts it makes you realise how badly he was failed. Poor boy. Waking up with an asthma attack and going outside for air because he couldn’t wake his mum and then dying. He had a grim life.
What made it sadder for me was reading one of the articles today saying he was known to social services, someone (a nurse I think) had said they were really concerned and thought he was at serious risk of death that weekend (presumably from neglect/ because they knew his asthma was bad and his mum was too off her face on drugs to sort it out) but they decided to leave it til the following week and in the meantime he died. So they had the chance to save him - or at least make sure he was somewhere safe and had a good chance of getting help if he had an attack - and failed :(

He wasn't even at his own home, he was at the house of some bloke his mum knew (I'm guessing a fellow addict?) because their electric and gas had been turned off as she'd not paid the bills.

Has anyone else here followed this case of a problem neighbour turning homicidal?

Yes I've been reading this. I'm bloody glad he was done for murder, he was clearly teeing it up for an insanity defence but I'm glad he didn't get away with it. Judging by the reports I read, even before this incident he was a nasty bastard who made loads of threats including telling the wife (of the guy he killed) he'd have her raped. When the police tried to investigate he said all the neighbours were racists and bullying him because he was Turkish. hole.

What with this case and the other one (where the husband and wife were killed by their neighbour, I'll try and find a link) it's bloody scary not knowing who you'll end up living next door to, and that a stupid dispute over parking or whatever can escalate to murder.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I guess on some level, murders of women by men are so commonplace there just isn’t enough room in the public consciousness to make an outcry about every one.

But I agree that this case is so random and so horrifying it’s a real surprise that it wasn’t a big news story.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
i think of this one often after seeing it in this thread - the fact that their children were in the house and (apparently) all over parking.
This happened near me, not something that you’d expect round here. I think it must be coming to trial soon.

Reactions: 4
Not exactly crime but this is bizarre! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...truck-wooden-horse-costume-inquest-hears.html could be seen as a crime due to the altercation she had earlier in the day though..
That's so odd. Sounds like something from a Midsomer Murders or similar, especially where there are several possible events that could have caused her death, some mystery bloke seen shaking her etc.

As an aside, we were cutting a (smallish) tree down last year and I got a glancing blow in the face with it as it swung back (my partner told me to move and I was too slow). It bloody hurt and I had a bruise/scratch on my face, and that just sort of clipped me rather than hitting me full on, so I can imagine those wooden horse costumes (which are a bit creepy if I'm honest) could do some damage.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.