Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will his sentence reflect that he was a child when he committed the offence?

Rikki was never going to have a wonderful life. Welland where he lived was a place where you’d not even want to drive through, let alone live.
I have absolutely no idea. I hope not. Is 13 the age of criminal responsibility? It’s just awful.

Logan Mwangi murder. Mother, stepdad and youth all guilty. 🙏🏻
I've not been able to read the details too closely as it makes me feel sick to my stomach but they should all get full life tarrif sentences. It won't happen though, and that's the problem with the justice system.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Will his sentence reflect that he was a child when he committed the offence?

Rikki was never going to have a wonderful life. Welland where he lived was a place where you’d not even want to drive through, let alone live.
Yes it will I'm afraid. A person who is between 10-17 at th time of the crime will be sentenced as a youth offender. Starting point for a minimum term is 12 years and unless it's reported otherwise in the days to come, it was his first offence.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Poor little Rikki.

Terrifying that this man committed the crime at 13 years old and has wandered amongst us. I bet the police will be looking at other cold cases now.
I wondered this too. I find it very hard to believe he has gone 27 years without committing other terrible offences.

At long last. Now you can rest in justice little boy.
His 'Mother' needs to sit down and STFU in my opinion. From what I've read she gave him an absolute dogs life and perhaps if she'd been a better Mother he wouldn't have fallen victim to that little monster.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's awful reading about poor Rikki and his awful life. There were no boundaries and he was allowed to roam around the estate all hours at such a young age. He probably thought he was safe being in familiar territory.
53161181-10422613-image-a-18_1642680360386.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It's awful reading about poor Rikki and his awful life. There were no boundaries and he was allowed to roam around the estate all hours at such a young age. He probably thought he was safe being in familiar territory. View attachment 1211514
It's horrible. I live on a quiet, small close in a nice village and still would only have let my kids play out in the front garden when they were 6. They certainly wouldn't have been allowed away from the front of the house.

I live near a quite deprived town though and I do know of people who think nothing of letting their children of a similar age roam the streets and believe me, this is in a seaside resort packed with unsavoury people everywhere you turn. It shocks me to be honest but I'm quite naive I suppose. I really have had my eyes opened the last 10 years as to how some poor children really don't stand a chance. It's sad.

• Heart
I wondered about this too... I mean how likely is it that he murdered a child when he was just 13 and then never committed another crime? Possibly I've watched too much Criminal Minds/ CSI but someone like that doesn't usually give up after the first time :( Either they've not been caught for anything else or get sent to prison for a subsequent offence, which is what happened in the Clare Tiltman case - her killer was finally convicted after 21 years, but he'd been in prison for another offence for nearly 20 of those.

Poor Rikki, he had a pretty awful life from what I've read :(
Exactly my thoughts. He killed at 13. He got away with it for years. He must have thought hey I did it I’m so clever it was so easy. I don’t think such a callous individual would stop.

Reactions: 4
Not in the media but you can work out the connection if you profile hop on Facebook.
That case is more than heartbreaking 💔 only read snippets dread to think the full details.

How did you see on Facebook? I can't find anything, I think I remember looking at their profile when it was first in the media but looks like they've deleted them now

Yes it will I'm afraid. A person who is between 10-17 at th time of the crime will be sentenced as a youth offender. Starting point for a minimum term is 12 years and unless it's reported otherwise in the days to come, it was his first offence.

He was on licence at the time of his arrest for this offence & had breached his licence by fleeing to Portugal(I think), so Rikki’s murder might be his first offence but won’t be his only one.

He was on licence at the time of his arrest for this offence & had breached his licence by fleeing to Portugal(I think), so Rikki’s murder might be his first offence but won’t be his only one.
Oh I'm sure. He was apparently implicated in a sexually motive attack a year before Rikki, but when I say first offence, I mean he has no actual previous criminal convictions that we know of that would be taken into consideration when sentencing.

I think the law of convicting at 10 is really old , I vaguely remember learning something at school about it 😅 (maybe wrong though)

I think the law of convicting at 10 is really old , I vaguely remember learning something at school about it 😅 (maybe wrong though)
Yeah I could be wrong. It might even been back to Mary Bell times. I know there was some debate about it being 13 at one time. Maybe some do-gooder tried to change it.

This is quite harrowing reading about Ellie and her younger sister. The mother was completely besotted by the father despite the violence towards her and her daughters. Even after he killed Ellie and the evidence was clear, she was still visiting him in prison and blowing him kisses in court. The saddest part now is that the little sister is deeply traumatised and the maternal grandparents who had raised Ellie don’t feel they can be her carers or even see her, they too have been so affected. The father was an evil bastard. The mother was delusional. Those poor girls and the poor grandparents.
This was so interesting to read and so depressing so thankyou for posting. Ide be interested to know more about the dads upbringing. What makes someone be so cruel? He could of had such a Nice life with a family that adored him but chose to dominate and be violent etc .. it just boggles the mind. The psychology behind the mum is so hard to comprehend too. I wonder if she has woken up to the type of man she is really infatuated by yet. I couldn't find any prison updates. Its so tragic to think about how frightened those little girls must have been day to day, I bet the grandparents are completely tormented. ☹

That case is more than heartbreaking 💔 only read snippets dread to think the full details.

How did you see on Facebook? I can't find anything, I think I remember looking at their profile when it was first in the media but looks like they've deleted them now
I just searched their names on there and also had a look at comments on the local newspaper pages. This was a while ago though so they probably have been deleted now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.