Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Mr Brew ordered himself a couple of parenting books off his own back, he's been sat there the past couple nights chuckling his head off and keeps reading extracts to me, the one he's reading is Dummy by Matt Coyne. Sounds like a winner if any of your OH's want a book to read that's been written in more of a comedic style. He's still learning lots though, it's quite cute the facts he keeps telling me.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Well I survived the dentist without being sick on anyone! My teeth were wrecked after having HG with my first pregnancy and I had booked in to get everything sorted, then got pregnant again and had to cancel my appointments. Needed root canal and a few fillings which was supposed to cost me almost £700 and I got it all free. The joys of pregnancy!

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Well my absolute freak out yesterday and this morning seems to have been for nothing. Private scan place got me in today so saw baby boy, he was just relaxing with his arms behind his head without a care in the world 😂 surrounded by a normal amount of amniotic fluid and his tummy and bladder were full, yay! And magically my dicharge has now gone straight back to being white and thicker rather than like water so it must’ve just been one of those things. Never expected pregnancy to be as difficult as it has been, but he’s worth everything.

For the people in first trimester worrying about symptoms coming and going, please don’t worry. I know it’s hard not to when symptoms are all you have to go off of but it’s so normal. I actually had to take myself off of this thread and avoid anything pregnancy related from 9 weeks because I got myself into such a panic about symptoms coming and going but it’s so normal - and the sickness really does come back, even if it goes away for a few days!!!

Sorry, I’ve accidentally written an essay but sending soooo much love to you all, this really is the nicest, most supportive pregnancy forum on the internet ❤❤❤❤
Awwww very pleased you and baby boy are all well. ❤ we had a scare with baby girl the other day but turns out she's just pure drama and theatrics already. I'm half way through in a few days and already feel like I'm gonna miss pregnancy as hard as its been this time around.

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I always forget to bring snacks. Don't think I've had a wait of less than an hour for an appointment yet. Our system is so broken.

Hope the mystery appointment goes well at least!
I was there two hours in the end :oops: serves me right for telling work I should be there and back within an hour 🤣
It turned out the appointment was with a consultant due to my medical history of kidney failure. I had a kidney removed 14 years ago and I've never had any trouble since, but never had any follow up appointments either so they want to check my other kidney. But she also mentioned my blood pressure always comes back fine which totally contradicts one of the random messages I received a couple of weeks back saying they weren't happy with it so I need to monitor it at home. More blood unexpectedly taken today too, what a delight haha.

• Heart

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
Can you throw me some hideous name inspo? I need all the ammunition I can get to make her shut up :ROFLMAO:
We had a Horrible Name List because I didn’t want some of my family members trashing the names we actually liked, here you go! My mum and I had great fun coming up with them, and Jacob Rees-Mogg’s sons’ names also provide excellent inspiration.

Ulysses
Peregrine
Sylvester
Huckleberry
Tarquinius
Zebedee
Wilbur
Craig
Clive
Otto
Otis
Gideon
Ezekiel
Ignatius
Bartholomew
Aloysius
Winston
Heathcliff
Willoughby
Alphege
Anselm
Fitzwilliam
Pius
Wulfric
Sixtus
Buster
Norbert
Fenton
Jasper
Torquil
Alloyius
Xenophilius
Jerome

• Haha
  • Sick

aggytha

VIP Member
With my first, if anyone got an ugly outfit, I’d put it to the side then have an afternoon where I’d dress her in 3 or 4 on rotation 😂 then I’d take a picture, send it to the person then pop the outfit on vinted 🤣

I’ve made a lot of family very angry this pregnancy (including my MIL) by warning them that the twins will not be wearing matching outfits under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE so not to waste their money 😂

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Hi, did any of you conceive whilst you were drunk? Does it affect the baby in any way? 😞
I'm convinced alcohol was the reason we conceived haha. We'd been trying for nearly two years and I'd basically stopped drinking during the two week wait every single month just in case. I decided in December not to worry and not to focus on trying that month so I could enjoy Christmas and New Year without stopping drinking. And that ended up being the month we conceived. Even the night before we found out in mid Jan I'd had a couple of rums. And as far as I'm aware it hasn't affected baby whatsoever.

• Heart
I don’t mind my in laws coming over, with my first pregnancy I had an emergency section and 2 days after I got home my mum in law moaned that we hadn’t gone to THEM!😫

• Wow

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’m not 🤣 I’m also still waiting for that glow everyone says i’ll get from the second trimester…. 🤣

I popped to work last week and got told by a few people I look dead, fed up, done with pregnancy etc! Only 1 person tried to lie and said I was glowing and looked really well 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Dogs deffo know something is up! We don’t have any but my partners family - his Nan and Mum live next door and sometimes the family go round and there ends up being 4 dogs there. Their all jack russell’s. I went round once and sat down and all 4 of them came and sat on me and kept sniffing my stomach and starting shaking. I looked like the dog whisperer 😂

• Haha

Lioness1

Chatty Member
I have anterior placenta too! They told me about 20 weeks 😁
---
Finally had my first scan at the hospital. It was a lot more brutal than the private scan I booked lol but I'm glad I know what to expect now. Has anyone posted in any of the nub theory groups? (/were they right?). I'm so tempted - I managed to correctly guess my nephew but I just can't tell with our picture! I can't even see a damn nub haha
I joined nub theory groups on Facebook with my first baby and someone messaged me to say they would do it for free for me so I done it and got 99.9% boy. They even highlighted out that the penis had formed 😂 my scan was at 13 weeks so that little bit later on and everyone said boy when they seen it. He was definitely a boy, a right flasher even till this day 😂

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’ve had my first proper pregnancy craving I think - I was in the Asda on Sunday and seen exotic and red berry solero’s and was like omgggg I neeeed them but I weren’t going straight home so they’d melt. All day yesterday I was thinking about them and nearly begged my bf to go to the Asda and get some. Just been the Asda. Got a pack of each. I’m not at home eating a red berry solero and it tastes unreal. Like better than they’d normally taste? I don’t think the packs gonna last long 🤔 The baby wants what it wants that what I say 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
These are the kind of suggestions we were getting. TBF, she was probably being sweet and trying to think of something we hadn't and there were a few 'normal' suggestions so I shouldn't be mean but it's just, when you're talking George or Charlotte in what world will that become a Braxlyn?!

I'm anti nicknames for our first too :oops:, if people shorten it I keep repeating it properly until they get the message. You can't really shorten it so they're basically just pronouncing half the name and it doesn't suit, like Isssac to Isey or Amber to Ambs. When they get to school it'll be out of my control but for now at least.

It's all just personal preference just when pregnant it feels worse because you feel so protective of everything and everyone gives unsolicited opinions on everything whereas usually you wouldn't give a shit what anyone else had to say.
100% with you on the nicknames/shortened names. This isn’t our choice of name but we regularly get this kind of convo
“His name is William”
“aww, little willy or will?”
No. William. The full name. If he’s at school and wants to shorten it, fine. But to us he’s the full name until he decides otherwise. That’s why we picked the full length version and not one of the shortened versions. If I wanted him to be ‘Willy’ not ‘William’ I’d have called him ‘Willy’

William might have been a bad example because clearly I wouldn’t be choosing Willy anyway 🤣

• Haha

George01

Chatty Member
Had ny glucose tolerance test today, wasn't roo bad! The drink was cold which I appreciated haha! Got home and had a phone call with my c-section date 3 months in advance!! Can't believe it, feels bizarre knowing when baby will be born!

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Anyone else suffering from baby brain in pregnancy?
The amount of daft things I keep saying and doing is becoming a little nuts 🤣
Today I thought my car was broken as it wouldn't move, I hadn't even started the engine. Now I've been at work over an hour and just realised I've got my top on inside out. Doh.

• Haha

sodit

VIP Member
Raw chicken or any slow cooked food.
But also, people. Some people it’s like I can smell their hair. It’s vile. It’s not stinky, bad selling people it’s just like a warm hair, body & clothes smell when they get close 🤢
Last time it was my own shampoo.
I can’t stand the smell of my own sister 😭 weird being gutted when she comes round but honestly 🤢 no. Like she does wash haha, it’s just whatever combined stuff she uses is a no from me.

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Has anyone’s lips (mouth) got bigger during their pregnancy? I just caught myself in the mirror and mine are looking like they’d give Angelina a run for her money. That’s one pregnancy side effect I’d actually like to keep 🤣

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Eugh I'm having an awful bout of panic this weekend. I hate not knowing what's going on in there and just having to assume/trust that everything is okay between scans. I think I'll feel a million times better when I start feeling movements, but we're coming up to 18 weeks and I've not even felt a flutter, nothing at all. We're seeing lots of my friends today that I've not seen since just before Christmas so I know they'll be congratulating us in person which is so lovely, but it's just making me panic and have the worst thoughts like what if they're congratulating me and baby isn't even okay in there.
Honestly people go on about getting past 12 weeks and the anxiety is over but it’s really not! That time between the 12 week scan and your 20 week scan is so anxiety inducing because you feel so much better and you’re thinking ‘is there anything even in there?!’ The sad reality about pregnancy is, the anxiety never goes away really 🥲 you just find ways to ease it. If you can afford it maybe a private scan but I remember you saying your partner saying to wait? Try and talk him round 😇 I found that during the 2nd trimester it helped having a private scan to break the wait down. It is such a long wait between 12 weeks and 20 weeks

• Heart