Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I think I've found what looks like it could be our perfect pram/travel system. The bugaboo fox 5. Has anyone got any experience with bugaboo as a brand?

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
My manager’s initial answer is to raise the cleanliness issue at this site, which is fine as I’m happy to. Their second answer is in the mean time to change to another office which is either three times longer of a commute with a hell of a walk, or one that involves two trains and takes double the time. Sorry but no, why would a pregnant person have to suffer either of those during peak hours? Both also cost DOUBLE the train fare. Had to link her to ACAS. Don’t ever want to be one of those people that goes to their trade union but I’m also not being mugged off. Hate to say it but I’m well within my rights here to be asking for full WFH until resolved, as the next extreme is suspension on full pay.
Is there a business reason you can’t WFH completely until your maternity leave? If going in to the office is affecting your health then it sounds like a reasonable adjustment to me. Can you ask for an occupational health referral? They will probably suggest WFH (assuming this is what you want) too.
---
I think it has to do with what day you go home, you don’t get passed over to the home team until discharge.
This is our postnatal plan.
View attachment 2855558
Thank you 😊 I’m just not sure whether my scans etc that have been booked will get automatically cancelled after I’ve given birth and I don’t want to waste appts someone else could use. I’ll ask next time I’m at the hospital 😁

aggytha

VIP Member
those of you that have been anaemic in the third trimester, did the tablets make you incredibly sick? I’m only on day two of taking them and it’s instantly caused my nausea to start again and I’ve just been sick 🥲 I categorically cannot cope with being sick everyday again after how hellish the first 20 weeks of pregnancy were for me 😭

They want me to take these for the next couple of weeks then repeat bloods to see whether an infusion would be necessary. I had one after giving birth to my first and can’t help but feel like I’d prefer getting it over and done with that way. Do you think the midwife would agree to that?

Lioness1

Chatty Member
I have no idea where to start with choosing all of this. My only priority is one that folds up neatly and tiny as we already have a trip to Spain planned when baby will be 8 months old and don’t want to be buying multiples of anything. Ideally I want one that takes them through til they’re walking 😂😂 need to go to a baby show or something and learn about these things
I got the Joolz aer buggy for when my son was a bit bigger, it now comes up a carry cot and car seat etc so could be a travel system and folds up so easily! I’m considering buying the carry cot to go on that but we still had the icandy orange too.

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
Our little one was born last night at 40+4, I had a sweep at 10.30am and baby girl arrived practically 12 hours later surrounded by 4 paramedics and the midwife who had arrived for our home birth after I delivered the head 🤪
It only started at about 8.30/8.45 as I thought it was just cramping and braxton hicks from sweep. Until it wasn’t 🤪 A truly wild/surreal experience but so glad she’s here safe and sound.
Her big sister was super surprised this morning and them meeting was magical ❤
Congratulations! ❤❤

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Still not heard a peep about the aspirin situation. Considering only one of my baby's so far hasn't been a low birth weight and my last one has (mild) cerebral palsy they'd be abit more onit. Would it be OTT to ring maternity for advice??
Definitely ring and chase it up!

theSJfox

Anyone else having dodgy belly’s (feeling horrible and having loose poos) often??

I’m 33 weeks and it keeps happening to me recently - seen that apparently it’s a sign of labour approaching but obviously I am very much not ready for that! 😅

Just wondering if this is something others have experienced? Thank you

Bumblebee2019

Does anyone know of a shop with a good range of next to me cribs I can look at? Our John Lewis only had a few and they were all the large ones. We don’t have the biggest bedroom so I’m trying to find something to fit!