Pregnancy #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t have a clue about mat leave but got copies of my maternity policy etc and the policy book which I’ve taken home.
I’m due this month - eek! My last working day is next Friday 12th but first week is annual leave, then mat leave officially starts 22/01 which is the week I’m due (although end of week is due date). Hoping I get through most of my 2 weeks off before baby without an early arrival!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can't believe it's the year we are meeting baby girl!! 18 weeks to go now. Not sure when to go on maternity leave, I'm fit and healthy so far and have a desk job which I enjoy so nothing strenuous. I've researched so much baby stuff feeding, bathing, labour etc but I have no idea about maternity leave, pay, entitlement etc whoops lol
I work in the NHS in quite a physical job and worked up to 37 weeks with my first.
I took 2 weeks of annual leave and then started my mat leave at 39 weeks.

I guess it depends on your mat leave policy too, if you don't get much then you'll want to use most of it after the baby is born. If you're fit and well to work you can work to the end. The policy where I work is if you are 34 weeks + and go off sick with something pregnancy related then that triggers your mat leave to start.

Check through your policy to see how much notice you have to give for your mat leave start date and then just see how you feel. If you've got annual leave to use you can always add some of that on to the start and end too then at least that's full pay.

Reactions: 3
I’m still a woman scorned for not having any time before baby arrived 😆 (35+4 he rocked up), so definitely try and get mat leave in before you’re too far along.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m still a woman scorned for not having any time before baby arrived 😆 (35+4 he rocked up), so definitely try and get mat leave in before you’re too far along.
I’m glad someone’s saying this because so many people at my workplace seem to start their mat leave the week before their due date. Baby Parsley is due early April but I want to go off from 11th March to give myself some downtime and just time to sort out last bits for my own peace of mind, and I worry that people will think I’m being lazy starting it a month before my due date 🤣

The advert for my maternity cover has gone out today and I’ve got my MATB1 form now so going to have the mat leave conversation with my manager this week so feeling very real now!

I used holidays to take a month off before due date, and whereas I'm glad I did because I have an active job, I was also bored shitless 😂 I did have a few days out etc but because I ended up overdue I was so fed up!

With my first she was due early September and I went on mat leave end of July! Had a full month off before she came which was great and I’d also used all my holiday hours to cut down from 5 full days to 2/3 days a week for a few weeks prior to that 😅

Hey! I've had a few instances of this and had a reassurance scan (private) which showed everything to be absolutely fine. I spoke to my GP and also the lady who did my scan and both said brown blood is almost always old and nothing to worry about, it's most likely old blood just coming out the system. They said if there's any pain or bright red blood then obviously seek help immediately.
Thank you! May I ask you (or anyone here) what’s the earliest a scan would really show anything? I remember in another pregnancy I needed to have an ectopic ruled out but this was about 4 weeks 3/4 days so of course showed nothing

Thank you! May I ask you (or anyone here) what’s the earliest a scan would really show anything? I remember in another pregnancy I needed to have an ectopic ruled out but this was about 4 weeks 3/4 days so of course showed nothing
I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days at the EPU, I did think I was more 6 weeks something but they pushed me back when I had the scan - I seen a heartbeat which was nice but the baby just looked like a tiny little bean! With private scans it is recommended to book 3 weeks after a positive test because you’re more likely to see something and a heartbeat

• Heart
Mine was internal at 7 weeks. She tried abdominal first but couldn't see the heartbeat or what she needed to very clearly so said she needed to do internal. She said that's really normal at this far along though.

I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days at the EPU, I did think I was more 6 weeks something but they pushed me back when I had the scan - I seen a heartbeat which was nice but the baby just looked like a tiny little bean! With private scans it is recommended to book 3 weeks after a positive test because you’re more likely to see something and a heartbeat

Mine was internal at 7 weeks. She tried abdominal first but couldn't see the heartbeat or what she needed to very clearly so said she needed to do internal. She said that's really normal at this far along though.
thanks both! I’ve had a look and there’s a place near me who will do an early viability scan at 6 weeks so I will speak to partner and I think I will book in for 2 weeks time! I swear I’ve never had health anxiety til I saw those two little lines 😂😩

• Heart
I used holidays to take a month off before due date, and whereas I'm glad I did because I have an active job, I was also bored shitless 😂 I did have a few days out etc but because I ended up overdue I was so fed up!
My first was overdue so I ended up with a month off and I was so bored.
Granted the first COVID lockdown started just as I started mat leave so I couldn't really go anywhere.

Other than a daily walk around the park I didn't go out because I was scared of getting COVID and having to give birth alone. My husband was still in work as normal too so I didn't even have him furloughed or WFH for company.

This time around I'll have a 4 year old so I won't be getting much downtime anyway. I might finish a few weeks early so I get some rest on the days he's at nursery but I'll decide nearer the time.

• Heart
Me too I had 3 days left of work when he came, I thought finishing 4 weeks before would be plenty of time 😅 was looking forward to some lie ins, never getting them again!

• Heart
Has anyone had to go into hospital to get an iron infusion with an IV drip? My hospital has just rang saying my iron levels are still really low and the iron tablets aren’t even touching the sides even though I’m taking them everyday so they want me to start iron infusions. They said someone would contact me with a start date but I just got off the phone and cried 😂 Only cos I’m feeling hormonal anyway, I know it’s probs not even that bad

• Sad
22 weeks now, haven't even met my midwife yet! Looking forward to regular visits now though, I can't believe I have to either give birth or have surgery in a few months , I've never been in hospital in my 25 years of life 😂 So excited to meet baby girl the actual process I have to go through hasn't even registered, I think it's for the best tbh lol I feel strong about it and prepared for the unknown

Reactions: 3
22 weeks now, haven't even met my midwife yet! Looking forward to regular visits now though, I can't believe I have to either give birth or have surgery in a few months , I've never been in hospital in my 25 years of life 😂 So excited to meet baby girl the actual process I have to go through hasn't even registered, I think it's for the best tbh lol I feel strong about it and prepared for the unknown
31 years of life and never been to hospital either, I've a very very boring medical history as ive never had any issues... Which to be fair I'm not complaining but I'm getting used of being poked and prodded

Reactions: 2
thanks both! I’ve had a look and there’s a place near me who will do an early viability scan at 6 weeks so I will speak to partner and I think I will book in for 2 weeks time! I swear I’ve never had health anxiety til I saw those two little lines 😂😩
I was around 7+4 on mine and had abdominal and could see the heartbeat very clear. The picture doesn’t really show much though. I’d probably make sure you’re a little bit over 6 weeks if you can wait just to make sure you can actually see something!

I was around 7+4 on mine and had abdominal and could see the heartbeat very clear. The picture doesn’t really show much though. I’d probably make sure you’re a little bit over 6 weeks if you can wait just to make sure you can actually see something!
I think I was 6+5 on mine and it's basically just a picture of my bladder 😂

• Haha
I was the same 25 never been in hospital!! And I actually loved the hospital stay when baby was born I wanted to stay longer😆 meals and drinks brought to you all day and help from the nurses it was bliss!!

• Heart
Has anyone had to go into hospital to get an iron infusion with an IV drip? My hospital has just rang saying my iron levels are still really low and the iron tablets aren’t even touching the sides even though I’m taking them everyday so they want me to start iron infusions. They said someone would contact me with a start date but I just got off the phone and cried 😂 Only cos I’m feeling hormonal anyway, I know it’s probs not even that bad
My room mate had one after I’d had baby Wood. She had it overnight so took a long time and it was loud.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.