Pregnancy #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m in this situation too except I’m 33 weeks and had a placental location scan earlier this week and it’s the head measurement that seems to be too big on the growth chart. The consultant didn’t say anything about it when I was there and I only saw it after in my notes. It’s so frustrating but I’m just trying not to worry on the basis that I’m sure if they were concerned they would have said something!
its not fair is it.. im a ftm as well I have no idea what's normal and what's not your left in the dark I cant belive its so hard to contact someone..hopefully we get answers soon I have too many worries now I want to ask..

its not fair is it.. im a ftm as well I have no idea what's normal and what's not your left in the dark I cant belive its so hard to contact someone..hopefully we get answers soon I have too many worries now I want to ask..
Me too! I wish they would go through the scan results in more detail when you are there and can ask questions. Fingers crossed for you - im sure there’s nothing to worry about if they didn’t say anything

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m in this situation too except I’m 33 weeks and had a placental location scan earlier this week and it’s the head measurement that seems to be too big on the growth chart. The consultant didn’t say anything about it when I was there and I only saw it after in my notes. It’s so frustrating but I’m just trying not to worry on the basis that I’m sure if they were concerned they would have said something!
Random but does anyone in your family have a large head? It can be inherited.

Random but does anyone in your family have a large head? It can be inherited.
Yes, her dad 🙄 I’m hoping that is the explanation and there’s not something wrong but her head is plotting above the top percentile lines in the growth chart

Yes, her dad 🙄 I’m hoping that is the explanation and there’s not something wrong but her head is plotting above the top percentile lines in the growth chart
Back in the day, they wanted my tiny Mum to have a c-section due to the size of my Dad’s head, such was the likelyhood that a large head in Dad would mean one in baby.
This was when c-sections were rare and scans were rarer, if they even existed so they had to use the info they had.

I know it’s hard not to worry but the fact the consultant has presumably seen it and hasn’t commented (rather than only the sonographer) I’d take it as a good sign.

Reactions: 2
Mine all have big heads but we're all small babies and I dilate to 11cm so thankfully no damage was done lol.
---
My boobs are looking smaller. Nooooooo. Dreading tomorrow so much now ☹

Last edited:
  • Heart
Nearly 10 weeks (if my dates are correct) and have my first scan tomorrow. I’m so excited but kind of scared that they’ll not find anything.. positive thoughts, positive thoughts ✨✨

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Note to self: do not watch the new Ambulance series from BBC iPlayer while at home alone feeling constantly nauseous and full of pregnancy hormones. I've a very soggy face now 😅

• Heart
i would love to do this for overnight feeds but my midwife and HV said to make each feed up fresh(i’ve been using the nuby rapid cool hot shot method for him!) there’s such a lot of conflicting advice it drives me crazy as im sure a lot of people make bottles in advance. i’m a single mum also so any time savings help with a crying baby that only i am here to deal with!
The NHS website says this:

Screenshot_2024-02-02-21-18-34-246_com.android.chrome_1.jpg

The advice has been updated since I last looked a few months ago as it's now emphatic about only doing this if you really must, whereas before it said if you can't make formula out, pre-prepared it instead. Interestingly it also says using a prep machine is fine as long as the water is 70°C or above, whereas a few months ago it said to definitely not use one! Advice changes so fast 🥴 we've tried to stick as closely to guidelines as possible but also had to adapt them to make life a little easier - we prepare the next day's feeds each evening and then use them within 24 hours.
---
I'm a mom. ❤ Finally after a long induction baby arrived. Safe and sound this morning
Congratulations!! ❤

Reactions: 3
My god it’s so overwhelming. Don’t do the hotshot, do the hotshot, make sure it’s over 70c, don’t leave it out, put it in the fridge but only for this long 😖 I only just learned you have to wake a newborn up every three hours to feed no matter what! I thought they’d sleep through the night about 6-8 hours loooool

Reactions: 4
My god it’s so overwhelming. Don’t do the hotshot, do the hotshot, make sure it’s over 70c, don’t leave it out, put it in the fridge but only for this long 😖 I only just learned you have to wake a newborn up every three hours to feed no matter what! I thought they’d sleep through the night about 6-8 hours loooool
The regular waking is only for the first few weeks until they're back above birth weight, after that you can leave them longer unless you've been specifically advised not to (but whether they'll stay asleep that long is a different matter 🥴)

They told me to wake to feed, so I just kept doing it. And it was 3 hours from the start of the last feed so if it took 45min to feed, 15 to get them back off, I’d get maybe 2 hours sleep and have to wake again. I had a HV appointment and mentioned the delirious lack of sleep and they were like “oh yeah, once they’re back to weight, you don’t need to do that” I was 🤯😩 “perhaps you should’ve mentioned that”
As a baby I slept through from 8 days old, they didn’t have that advice then.
The bottle feeding rules have changed loads since my first just 3 years ago too.

That’s what I meant the other day about being so strict to follow advice you tie yourself in knots and it gets rescinded anyway. Survivor's bias isn’t a valid reason to go against the rules but if you can’t physically do it or be safe around baby because you’re so tired, you have to find a way that works.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah I only did the 3 hour rule until my first born was back up above birth weight and rid of her jaundice then we moved to just feeding on her demand which was about every 4 hours anyway and slowly got more and more over night but always did 4 hours during the day

Please help I've had a sudden bleed and I'm home alone. I've had no spotting or bleeding of any sort and suddenly now I just felt something and my underwear is soaked in blood. Not absolutely loads but it's only just happened. I'm terrified 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Please help I've had a sudden bleed and I'm home alone. I've had no spotting or bleeding of any sort and suddenly now I just felt something and my underwear is soaked in blood. Not absolutely loads but it's only just happened. I'm terrified 😭
You could call NHS direct. They might give you the “watch and wait” advice or say go to a&e. This time on a Friday it’ll probably depend on how big your hospital is if they have the right services open.
You’ll need to try to get into EPU tomorrow if they’re open.
A bleed does not mean it’s over. Keep a note of the colour, quantity, consistency and if you get any cramping as they will ask you.
Sending love x

• Heart
Hi babe. I’d google if there’s an out of hours EPU near you. I literally found out yesterday there was one an hours drive away from me the whole time, which would have been useful. A lot of the time at this hour at A&E they will just send you home, as most hospitals don’t have a sonographer to scan you. Are you in any discomfort at all? A bleed on its own could mean nothing. Ring 111 if you’d feel like you want to see someone - you should be able to jump the queue.

Sending you a massive hug xx

Oh lovely, easier said than done but please try not to worry, it isn’t always the worst case scenario. It could be absolutely nothing or, as I’ve found out today, it could be a subchorionic haematoma which is the most common cause of bleeding in the first trimester, super duper common and baby will be fine. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts today, look after yourself and I hope the scan makes you feel better ❤ xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.