Pregnancy #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random questions… I am 12 weeks and have had minimal symptoms, slight nausea, tender breasts… that’s about it! I have been reading that you can get less symptoms with a boy compared to a girl. Any mommas out there who can support this or prove it to be fake? 😂
I'll let you know when I find out what I'm having 😂
It's been true for a lot of people that I know. I had no symptoms with my son but I'm a lot worse with this pregnancy.
My mum said she was the same with my brother and then me so she thinks this is a girl 😆

Random questions… I am 12 weeks and have had minimal symptoms, slight nausea, tender breasts… that’s about it! I have been reading that you can get less symptoms with a boy compared to a girl. Any mommas out there who can support this or prove it to be fake? 😂
That sounds just like me and I'm 34 weeks with a boy now!

With my first the only food the hospital provided was toast/cereal and cold sandwiches, I was kept in for a full day and night so had to get my partner to bring food in for me!

the hospital I’m with now provide food but it’s not great 😅 luckily they have a subway and a costa inside the building so I can eat there if needs be.

Started buying bits for my hospital bag today, really wish I kept the list I had with my first baby as I seem to have forgotten what I need 😂

Yeah when we had to keep going back and forth for a week for baby Fudge’s blood tests for his jaundice we went to the canteen every time while waiting for the results 😆 so cheap aswell!!
There’s a toastie van outside my hospital and they do fab coffee 😂 I went in 3 days on the trot before being admitted and got myself a toastie every time 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I've been doing so well and I ended up tripping today on wet ground. I ended up landing on my hands and knees and my ankle is throbbing. My stomach was fully protected and I'm not too worried but going to get checked out anyway. Don't want to tell anyone to worry anyone apart from my partner but just needed to get it out here 😊 I've plenty of movement since but reassurance is probably important

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been doing so well and I ended up tripping today on wet ground. I ended up landing on my hands and knees and my ankle is throbbing. My stomach was fully protected and I'm not too worried but going to get checked out anyway. Don't want to tell anyone to worry anyone apart from my partner but just needed to get it out here 😊 I've plenty of movement since but reassurance is probably important
I fell over a few weeks ago at home alone. Similar, smashed my knee on the ground but stomach was fine. I rang triage (it was about 7:30/8pm) for advice and they said as long as plenty of movement, no bleeding and I didn’t bang my stomach all should be fine. I monitored things all night and if I became concerned I would definitely have gone to get seen. Luckily I was fine. I was quite shook up and upset by it mainly just because I was annoyed at myself.

• Heart
I am 27 weeks with a boy. I had tender breasts at first, but not much else to speak of. My pregnancy so far has been straightforward.

I fell over a few weeks ago at home alone. Similar, smashed my knee on the ground but stomach was fine. I rang triage (it was about 7:30/8pm) for advice and they said as long as plenty of movement, no bleeding and I didn’t bang my stomach all should be fine. I monitored things all night and if I became concerned I would definitely have gone to get seen. Luckily I was fine. I was quite shook up and upset by it mainly just because I was annoyed at myself.
I know the feeling I feel so stupid and clumsy. 😢 My mind is in overdrive but baby seems to be moving away OK

• Heart
Reactions: 2
With my first the only food the hospital provided was toast/cereal and cold sandwiches, I was kept in for a full day and night so had to get my partner to bring food in for me!

the hospital I’m with now provide food but it’s not great 😅 luckily they have a subway and a costa inside the building so I can eat there if needs be.

Started buying bits for my hospital bag today, really wish I kept the list I had with my first baby as I seem to have forgotten what I need 😂
I bought some maternity pads last week so I'm counting that as starting my hospital bag. I really do need to get some bits and bobs together now to feel more prepared.

I was happy to wait another couple of weeks but husband is off work from Christmas still and has put the car seat in the car today! I haven't been to look yet cos I think it will make me nervous seeing it in there 😬

Of course I choose an evening where the department is busy. When I tried calling there was no answer after about an hour of trying straight no breaks. I assumed it was busy but instead of worrying all night over it I decided to come into the hospital and of course the receptionist makes me feel bad about coming in. I understand its busy I will wait I just want reassurance, I'm not here for the craic like 😑

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Of course I choose an evening where the department is busy. When I tried calling there was no answer after about an hour of trying straight no breaks. I assumed it was busy but instead of worrying all night over it I decided to come into the hospital and of course the receptionist makes me feel bad about coming in. I understand its busy I will wait I just want reassurance, I'm not here for the craic like 😑
same happened to me! they asked if i called i was like yeah i tried, nobody answered! good on you for getting checked anyway, much better to have a once over than worry for days

I think for your own piece of mind who cares what they think. Your reassurance is more important

I think for your own piece of mind who cares what they think. Your reassurance is more important
Don't understand why they've to be so mean I just burst into tears. All I want to know if the baby is OK my ankle is throbbing too but it's the baby I'm worried about. The joys of motherhood 😂 I'll swing for the hubby soon he's gutted to be missing the darts

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Congrats :) I'm now 19 weeks with my first and he's a boy! I would say I've had it pretty easy (touch wood!) so far. My boobs were killing me in the first 12 weeks, and I did have nausea (especially when tired in the evenings) but I never actually vomited. I was also extremely exhausted... but people definitely have it much worse than I did.

I know I should ring triage but just wanting a bit of advice before I do!
I’ve been having headaches for the past week, on and off. They’re not terrible where I need to take paracetamol but definitely noticeable.
I know headaches can be a sign of pre eclampsia which I had developed in labour with my first so I am worried about that however I have no swelling and my vision seems fine (it’s bad anyway so I wouldn’t notice the difference tbf 😂)

I do have ‘borderline’ anaemia so wondering if the headaches/lightheaded was and dizziness could just be related to that?

After writing this all out I know I definitely need to be ringing up for advice 😅

I know I should ring triage but just wanting a bit of advice before I do!
I’ve been having headaches for the past week, on and off. They’re not terrible where I need to take paracetamol but definitely noticeable.
I know headaches can be a sign of pre eclampsia which I had developed in labour with my first so I am worried about that however I have no swelling and my vision seems fine (it’s bad anyway so I wouldn’t notice the difference tbf 😂)

I do have ‘borderline’ anaemia so wondering if the headaches/lightheaded was and dizziness could just be related to that?

After writing this all out I know I definitely need to be ringing up for advice 😅
Anaemia can cause headaches, light-headedness and dizzy spells. Have you drunk enough water? Being dehydrated can cause headaches. Definitely call triage though, better safe than sorry, especially if you have a history of pre eclampsia.

Terrible symptoms with both 😂 I'm only 14 weeks with the second pregnancy but the first trimester has been fairly like for like. If pushed, so far I'd say worse skin with boy, more tiredness, sorer boobs. Smell aversions with girl and cravings for sweet food. It could just be the difference of age, body having done it before, opposite times of year etc though.
You can do a sneakpeek test if you're desperate to know.

After being all "babies don't need much, I got it all second hand" I've probably just blown my whole first baby budget on a Baby Bjorn bouncer 🙈 I'm arguing it's my last ever baby and it'll be my only splurge but I don't know if I'm regretting it now as silly and wasteful. I'm usually so tight it's unusual for me to spend like that.

£3.3k baby carrier anyone???

They gift all the celebs and influencers, seems to be their marketing strategy. Ashley James has 3 and still baby wears outright dangerously. If I had the money I wouldn’t buy one if they can’t be bothered to teach safety over getting the product out there. It’s terrible really.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.