Pregnancy #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to everyone who replied. Quoting this post with an update.
I’m 36 weeks now. I also have the my expert midwife oil.
Tried it today sat on the loo post warm bath. An article suggested a number of positions. It was difficult to reach, I managed it but it was uncomfortable.
Might try again in a couple of days with the leg up on the bath but think then it’s one side at a time.
I will not be asking my OH to do it so if it’s still challenging I might give up 😂
I have started doing some daily stretches with my birth ball which are supposed to be good for prepping for Labour.
But I think ultimately what will be will be!
I did massage with baby 1 even though I found it really quite sore-ended up with a 2nd degree tear anyway. Didn’t bother with baby 2, still ended up with a 2nd degree tear (though this was due to speed of delivery) so my conclusion on it is that it’s not worth it lol!

Hi ladies I’m so happy I can finally join this thread - I’m 4 weeks so very early, but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice on when to tell their work they were pregnant when working a physically demanding/ risky job (I’m a nurse) - I think I’ll have to tell soon because occasionally we handle chemo pumps which are obviously a big no, I also assume there are also risk assessments that have to be done but perhaps not til later?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi ladies I’m so happy I can finally join this thread - I’m 4 weeks so very early, but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice on when to tell their work they were pregnant when working a physically demanding/ risky job (I’m a nurse) - I think I’ll have to tell soon because occasionally we handle chemo pumps which are obviously a big no, I also assume there are also risk assessments that have to be done but perhaps not til later?
I told my work as soon as I found out (4 weeks too) because i’m a HCA and we have a lot of residents that hit and push. I’m glad I did tell everyone that early tbh because I had a scare early on and everyone was supportive, and everyone looked after me and put a good risk assessment in place

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm a radiographer so I had to tell my manager and our radiation protection supervisor as soon as I knew.

My manager did my first risk assessment there and then and some of my work was changed. Then next risk assessment is 20 something weeks but she said if I have any concerns I don't have to wait until then and I'm to go to her if I am struggling with anything.

I've not told anyone else in work but people are suspicious because there are things I'm not doing as much but I'll tell everyone after my scan next week.

• Heart
It’s a long way off but if he doesn’t want anything to do with baby, and you don’t want financial support, I’d suggest you don’t put him on the birth certificate. Check out the legal rights you’d both gain and lose by doing so.
If he makes further physical threats, report him.
Thank you, i did say to him if he is walking away and sure of it then I will not put him on the birth certificate x

What a night I've put down, booked a last minute night away with the hubby in a hotel lovely and rosemantic.

Ofc I start acting up with all the pregnancy symptoms 🙈 33 weeks today and I'm uncomfortable,find it hard to believe I still have so long left.
I woke up with terrible chest pain which I've had before which turned out to be indigestion as I was eating too late. I'm constantly on the toliet needing to pee and his child is sitting right on my pelvis as its bloody sore. It's like they knew we werent at home so wanted to act up 🤣 also late night googling which I shouldn't do have me thinking I could have preeclampsia as I spotted a line around where my socks were on yesterday and I also weighed myself and up 2kg on two weeks ago and now have exceeded my weight gain according to my pregnancy app. I know this is all normal to be feeling like this but 3rd trimester is really hitting me hard this week. I'm half debating giving up work just because everyone else does but then again I think I'd drive myself potty with aniexty if I do

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone just feel like they want to cry all the time for seemingly no obvious reason?! ☹

I mean, I have a million thoughts and questions going round in my head since we found out it was twins and I just feel like I’m not coping at all 😭 I feel so sad and guilty because this was our last Christmas as a family of 3 with our 3yo and I feel like I wasn’t as present as I should’ve been because I’ve been so sick 😭

I’m guessing it’s just hormones but everything feels so difficult right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My body wasn’t specifically getting ready for birth. It was having pre eclampsia…
I’m getting induced and baby boy is expected to arrive tomorrow. It’s really unexpected and I’m adjusting. Husband is now off to get more stuff for in the hospital.
Baby Darth was born on 30th of December at 20:42. He’s such a small little bundle of love ❤ we’re still at the hospital for the pre eclampsia. Hope to go home tomorrow:)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Happy new years to ye new mamas, to be mamas and also to anyone else who is wanting to be a mama 😘 hope 2024 everything will work out and this thread be a safe space to share the good and bad

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Happy New year all!

My 12 week scan is literally this week. Such mixed emotions about it, I'm excited but so nervous and scared 😬

Sickness still hasn't eased, first thing I did in 2024 was vomit... 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sickness still hasn't eased, first thing I did in 2024 was vomit... 🙈
Same. And most of NYE. Not sure if it’s down to HG ramping up again or the consistent coughing I have from Covid. Either way, it was miserable.

Please try and see someone though, it sounds like you do need some medication or different medication if you’re already on some.

Hope your scan goes well.

Happy New Year everyone ❤ I hope none of you had to put up with drunk people last night!

I can’t believe in 2 months time my little boy should be in my arms. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Happy new year everyone 🩷 can’t quite believe that was partner and Is last festive season as a 2!!!
Last night I decanted 0% rosé into a thoroughly washed normal bottle and sat at a house party stone cold sober pretending to have a whale of a time 😂- yet still have the sickness and pounding head of a hangover this morning 😩😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
happy new year all! single digits now til
i meet baby frog which blows my mind. at least none of us will have a raging hangover today!

Hello all!! My first time posting here. Just found out we are pregnant, 4 weeks 1 day after trying for a few months. Excited and nervous. Baby is due 8 September if all goes well. I am however, meant to be a bridesmaid for my friend at her wedding on 14th September. This is my first baby so I’m curious to know people’s opinions -Is this a write off? I want nothing more to be there on her day so I am dreading telling her… I also have a very short cervix due to early cervical cancer at 26. Likely to need a stitch so that does add another layer of complexity!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.