Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I would take the test(s) and see what happens. Have you got a support network of family/friends that you can speak to regardless of the outcome? I realise it is probably really daunting and quite scary but there is lots of support out there 🙂

if you are pregnant and do make the decision that you aren't ready yet, there is a termination thread on here too which may be helpful x
I haven’t told anyone I think it’s a possibility, not even boyfriend because I don’t want to uneccesarily stress anyone out. So worry if it’s positive it will be a shock to people. If I was, i think I could tell my mum. mot sure how she’d react but she got pregnant young so many it wouldn’t be too bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Honestly don’t, it’s not a fun diagnosis. If you’re given the all clear with this one I’d refuse any more tests.
You're right, I'm just frustrated because it feels like they are looking at me and thinking 'high BMI, must have gestational diabetes' and not interested in anything else like actual test results or family history of big babies (me, my husband and our siblings were all 9 or 10 lbs)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone else get a lot of headaches? Feel like as soon as I try to go out and be social or get some shopping done I get a headache. Been going to a pregnancy yoga class which always makes me feel good after but it's cancelled tonight so I'm laying in a dark room with a thumping headache.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I haven’t told anyone I think it’s a possibility, not even boyfriend because I don’t want to uneccesarily stress anyone out. So worry if it’s positive it will be a shock to people. If I was, i think I could tell my mum. mot sure how she’d react but she got pregnant young so many it wouldn’t be too bad.
Do your test in the morning rather than later in the day and see what happens. If it's positive, try and take some time to absorb it and thinking about your options before telling anyone, although I appreciate that may be easier said than done. If you do end up telling your mum, hopefully she will be understanding and able to support you through whatever you decide to do 🙂

Not sure if this is the right place to go, but may as well give a go. I’m worried I might b pregnant (don’t really want to be, sorry if insensitive:(im 18), don’t think it’s very likely but the irrational part of my brain is panicking. Picked up some tests to do in the morning, but am on a medication that I’ve read has the potential to cause false positive, although probably unlikely. I’m scared of this happening and not being able to tell if a potential positive is real or not and getting really stressed about it for no reason. Not sure whether to take the test or not.
Don't panic lovely (easier said than done I know) do a test in the morning. If it does come back positive you have options. ❤

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I’m worried of a false positive because of my medication, and not being able to tell if it’s genuine or not :(

• Heart
You're right, I'm just frustrated because it feels like they are looking at me and thinking 'high BMI, must have gestational diabetes' and not interested in anything else like actual test results or family history of big babies (me, my husband and our siblings were all 9 or 10 lbs)
A midwife with my second, (I saw a different one every time) said "Oh, your results were normal? That's strange. They're not elevated in the slightest. Maybe we should send you for a retest just incase"
I had zero symptoms. Only reason she was saying that? High BMI.
Same woman also took my blood pressure 4 times, swapped machines twice to "make sure it was the correct reading"
As my blood pressure was normal 😑
Our of all the people I've seen over 3 pregnancies, she's the only person that's every had an issue. Just so I don't worry anyone 😊

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I’m worried of a false positive because of my medication, and not being able to tell if it’s genuine or not :(
You can get a blood test at your GP if you're unsure!

What I would do if this happens is ring your GP. It's totally confidential and because of your medication they can ask you to come in for a pregnancy test taken via a blood sample which is more accurate than a urine one x

I had the opposite where I had no risk factors first time round and a midwife dismissed my worry as first time mum anxiety when I asked. She ended up being 9lb2 which caused problems with labour especially as I was 9 days overdue. They tested me this time purely on how big she was.

Does anyone else get a lot of headaches? Feel like as soon as I try to go out and be social or get some shopping done I get a headache. Been going to a pregnancy yoga class which always makes me feel good after but it's cancelled tonight so I'm laying in a dark room with a thumping headache.
Yes with my first I got awful cluster headaches and with this one I had tension headaches from about 10-18 weeks. Magnesium helped me.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks for your advice everyone I wasn’t aware about the doctors so if it does end up being positive I’ll do that. Going to get up early tomorrow so I can do a test without being interrupted. I got clear blue so hopefully will be reliable

• Heart
Thanks for your advice everyone I wasn’t aware about the doctors so if it does end up being positive I’ll do that. Going to get up early tomorrow so I can do a test without being interrupted. I got clear blue so hopefully will be reliable
Thinking of you… let us know how you get on x

I had no risk factors just glucose in urine so sent for GTT and bam gestational diabetes, think you either get it or you don't. In US and Australia they test all pregnant women for it I believe

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi ladies, hope everyone is well. Had a scan earlier and they’re estimating baby to be 3lbs 5oz so far, I’m 28 weeks today. My BMI is a few points over but not terrible and I don’t have GD…is that big? If this isn’t your first, was your estimated weight accurate at birth? I’m not bothered as long as baby is healthy….I imagine she’ll be 8lbs+ (I was 8lbs 13oz) but my husband’s daughter from a previous relationship was 6lbs something and he keeps going on about how small and cute she was and making me feel like me and my baby are enormous in comparison. 😢

• Heart
Hi ladies, hope everyone is well. Had a scan earlier and they’re estimating baby to be 3lbs 5oz so far, I’m 28 weeks today. My BMI is a few points over but not terrible and I don’t have GD…is that big? If this isn’t your first, was your estimated weight accurate at birth? I’m not bothered as long as baby is healthy….I imagine she’ll be 8lbs+ (I was 8lbs 13oz) but my husband’s daughter from a previous relationship was 6lbs something and he keeps going on about how small and cute she was and making me feel like me and my baby are enormous in comparison. 😢
I want a chubby baby 😂 my little one is weighing about 1lb ahead so I think he’ll be 8lbs + 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
For anyone who has breastfed & bottle*fed breast milk- what steriliser did you choose? Just browsing and I didn’t know there were so many!! Hardly any have information on whether they’re suitable for breast pump parts

For anyone who has breastfed & bottle*fed breast milk- what steriliser did you choose? Just browsing and I didn’t know there were so many!! Hardly any have information on whether they’re suitable for breast pump parts
I had the TT steriliser & a Milton cold water one. Both easily fit my pump bits in & my MAM bottles.
I'd say TT are quite versatile and fit most brands of bottles in as you stack them

I had one of those massive TT steriliser things that go on the countertop but for expressing milk at work I used a TT microwave one and then I found these microwaveable pouches which I think I will use this time… the mam bottles can be sterilised in the microwave without using any special kit though btw in case you’ve got those bottles.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.