Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from my boob chat….. any bigger busted ladies have reccomdations for comfy non wired bras! Think mine have had a growth spurt the last week!

Reactions: 1
Hi ladies, hope everyone is well. Had a scan earlier and they’re estimating baby to be 3lbs 5oz so far, I’m 28 weeks today. My BMI is a few points over but not terrible and I don’t have GD…is that big? If this isn’t your first, was your estimated weight accurate at birth? I’m not bothered as long as baby is healthy….I imagine she’ll be 8lbs+ (I was 8lbs 13oz) but my husband’s daughter from a previous relationship was 6lbs something and he keeps going on about how small and cute she was and making me feel like me and my baby are enormous in comparison. 😢
Missed this last night but I had a growth scan yesterday at 28+5 and my baby was also estimated at 3lb5! It looks like just under 90th centile on the growth chart which is on the high side but not outside of normal range, so if he follows that trajectory he will end up around 9lb, very consistent with babies in my immediate family. But your growth chart might look different, I don't know how they work them out!

Also my nephew was 8lb8 at birth but doesn't looks chubby as he is tall like his parents, my guess is our baby will be chubby as there is less height on my side of the family.

Whatever your baby weighs she will be tiny and cute (she'll a newborn after all :love:) and if anyone starts making negative comparisons you're well within your rights to tell them where to go, they are different babies and will be their own little people.

This is something I've been thinking about a bit as my baby will be quite close in age to his cousin (9-10 months apart) so it feels quite natural to compare what they were doing at different ages. We are also borrowing a lot of stuff from my SIL which could lend itself to comments like oh has he grown out of it already (although she is lovely and would never say that with any negative intent) and I don't want to get into a habit of making comparisons especially if it could be construed negatively one way or the other. All these things to think about and they aren't even here yet!

How strange, what supplements did they recommend? They only put those 2 on the NHS website as well so odd they recommend different things depending on where people are but it seems to vary completely depending on trust which I’ve always found strange
Bloody loads if I'm honest

Probiotics
Choline 550mg a day
Collagen 1g a day
Vitamin D 2000iu (this is loads more than in my multi vit and more than my consultant recommended which was 800iu)
Calcium 1000mg
Omega 3

Also made a big thing about getting capsules rather than tablets because that will mean the ingredients are purer (ie they weren't huge fans of pregnacare as there is extra stuff in the tablets to make them into tablet size/shape but surely the capsules have stuff in them to keep the ingredients in?)

Not sure they presented it in a v helpful way as lots of people in the chat immediately started going oh my god should I stop taking my pregnacare! I am a tiny bit sceptical about supplements beyond a certain point but others will feel very differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How strange, what supplements did they recommend? They only put those 2 on the NHS website as well so odd they recommend different things depending on where people are but it seems to vary completely depending on trust which I’ve always found strange
The main ones you need are just those 2, but they recommend taking the pregnancy vitamin just to make sure you've got everything

Thanks ladies on the responses about vitamins! Will stick to my individual but I should get better at taking calcium since I don’t have much dairy as it is, all the multi’s I tried trigger my IBS so must be too much for me 😂

I’m going to try and put this in a spoiler as I’m talking about miscarriage (not mine, baby Skates is okay as far as we know) and know this can be sensitive - skip if you need to 💛

As I’ve shared before, my boss is not very sympathetic with the difficulties I’ve faced this pregnancy, and she mentioned casually yesterday that a close colleague had found out that she was pregnant roughly the same time as I did, but has since had a miscarriage. I’m so heartbroken for her and know how it feels to have other people announcing their pregnancy when you’re grieving or wishing it was you. I really want to approach it sensitively, but technically, I’m not supposed to know, so I don’t feel like I should speak to her privately as I’d then have to drop my boss in by saying she’s told me. I’ve asked my boss to tell her tomorrow, as we’re hoping to announce publicly after our scan tomorrow. I’m so worried she’ll forget and that my colleague will find out from social media/someone else and be really hurt. How would you approach this?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just back from 34 week midwife appt and little miss is back to back 🤦‍♀️. Midwife has said not to worry as still plenty of time for her to spin, plus even though head is down, it’s nowhere near engaged so she has lots of room to move. She’s just recommended going on the ball every evening and trying not to sit too slouched on the sofa etc but now I can’t help but panic about a back to back labour. Anyone had any past experience?
Both my labours were back to back and only on gas and air 🥴 I don't have anything to compare it to so I'm not sure how helpfully my experience is! Labour is painful, no two ways about it! I wouldn't be bothered if this one is back to back again though. It hurt my back during active labour and I found it easier to be upright/bending over to try and take some of the pressure off my back. It was do-able though and you can always have an epidural if you want one x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The left side of my vagina and groin has been throbbing in pain all afternoon 😭 I can’t get it to go away! Normally a bit of rocking helps but it’s so sore, ahhh.

Missed this last night but I had a growth scan yesterday at 28+5 and my baby was also estimated at 3lb5! It looks like just under 90th centile on the growth chart which is on the high side but not outside of normal range, so if he follows that trajectory he will end up around 9lb, very consistent with babies in my immediate family. But your growth chart might look different, I don't know how they work them out!

Also my nephew was 8lb8 at birth but doesn't looks chubby as he is tall like his parents, my guess is our baby will be chubby as there is less height on my side of the family.

Whatever your baby weighs she will be tiny and cute (she'll a newborn after all :love:) and if anyone starts making negative comparisons you're well within your rights to tell them where to go, they are different babies and will be their own little people.

This is something I've been thinking about a bit as my baby will be quite close in age to his cousin (9-10 months apart) so it feels quite natural to compare what they were doing at different ages. We are also borrowing a lot of stuff from my SIL which could lend itself to comments like oh has he grown out of it already (although she is lovely and would never say that with any negative intent) and I don't want to get into a habit of making comparisons especially if it could be construed negatively one way or the other. All these things to think about and they aren't even here yet!

Probiotics
Choline 550mg a day
Collagen 1g a day
Vitamin D 2000iu (this is loads more than in my multi vit and more than my consultant recommended which was 800iu)
Calcium 1000mg
Omega 3

Also made a big thing about getting capsules rather than tablets because that will mean the ingredients are purer (ie they weren't huge fans of pregnacare as there is extra stuff in the tablets to make them into tablet size/shape but surely the capsules have stuff in them to keep the ingredients in?)

Not sure they presented it in a v helpful way as lots of people in the chat immediately started going oh my god should I stop taking my pregnacare! I am a tiny bit sceptical about supplements beyond a certain point but others will feel very differently.

Probiotics
Choline 550mg a day
Collagen 1g a day
Calcium 1000mg
Omega 3

The tablet comment is funny to me cos my midwife gave me multivit and folic acid tablets. Surprised they haven't suggested the collagen cause I have EDS which is caused by a lack of collagen 🤦. Everywhere seems to do everything so different depending on trust and area.

Both my labours were back to back and only on gas and air 🥴 I don't have anything to compare it to so I'm not sure how helpfully my experience is! Labour is painful, no two ways about it! I wouldn't be bothered if this one is back to back again though. It hurt my back during active labour and I found it easier to be upright/bending over to try and take some of the pressure off my back. It was do-able though and you can always have an epidural if you want one x
Thank you! I suppose it is what it is, and like you say labour is painful regardless. Still have a little while to go so just going to keep hopeful that she flips and stays at some point! x

Thank you! I suppose it is what it is, and like you say labour is painful regardless. Still have a little while to go so just going to keep hopeful that she flips and stays at some point! x
Fingers crossed! My main memory of the back pain in labour was that I wanted my husband to rub my back to help with the pain and the lazy bugger kept falling asleep 😑 FFS:rolleyes:

• Haha
I’m going to try and put this in a spoiler as I’m talking about miscarriage (not mine, baby Skates is okay as far as we know) and know this can be sensitive - skip if you need to 💛

As I’ve shared before, my boss is not very sympathetic with the difficulties I’ve faced this pregnancy, and she mentioned casually yesterday that a close colleague had found out that she was pregnant roughly the same time as I did, but has since had a miscarriage. I’m so heartbroken for her and know how it feels to have other people announcing their pregnancy when you’re grieving or wishing it was you. I really want to approach it sensitively, but technically, I’m not supposed to know, so I don’t feel like I should speak to her privately as I’d then have to drop my boss in by saying she’s told me. I’ve asked my boss to tell her tomorrow, as we’re hoping to announce publicly after our scan tomorrow. I’m so worried she’ll forget and that my colleague will find out from social media/someone else and be really hurt. How would you approach this?
Ah this is a tough one, you’re sweet for wanting to do it sensitively. I would remind your boss in the morning, and ask them to tell your colleague. If they don’t, then it’s a choice between you messaging your colleague before you announce so that they have time to process and react to it privately, or you give a little ‘spoiler’ before your announcement. I’ve seen some people on social media before saying something like “trigger warning: pregnancy” and then saying how you know some people find announcements really tough, so if anyone thinks they might struggle with what you’re about to say, they’re welcome to ‘hide’ you or unfollow, then leave it a day or so

• Heart
Ah this is a tough one, you’re sweet for wanting to do it sensitively. I would remind your boss in the morning, and ask them to tell your colleague. If they don’t, then it’s a choice between you messaging your colleague before you announce so that they have time to process and react to it privately, or you give a little ‘spoiler’ before your announcement. I’ve seen some people on social media before saying something like “trigger warning: pregnancy” and then saying how you know some people find announcements really tough, so if anyone thinks they might struggle with what you’re about to say, they’re welcome to ‘hide’ you or unfollow, then leave it a day or so
Thank you! I’m definitely going to do your last suggestion anyway - we had such a tough time conceiving and I’ve lost count how many announcements I’ve cried over, so definitely want to be sensitive. I just feel so gutted for her and desperately hope she falls pregnant again soon (if she’s ready) and has a lovely, healthy baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just a whinge really, I'm so worn out now (32+2) that everything feels like a massive effort ☹ I'm struggling so much with feeling dizzy/faint which I think is because my iron stores are low but I currently can't stomach and tablets or liquid I've been prescribed to try and fix it. When the midwife listened in to baby earlier in the week she had to press quite hard as I have an anterior placenta and the pain combined with hot hot/faint I already was made me nearly pass out. I then reversed my car into another car (thankfully very low speed so no damage) but I'm just over it now, I hurt everywhere and I'm so tired.

I actually think I'll feel better post c section than I do right now 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Got the call back late afternoon and I am confirmed pregnant and not sure how to feel at all. I’ve always said if I got pregnant young I’d have a termination, but now I’m in the situation I’m not sure I can. Me and the dad are both working rather than in education and are both fairly mature etc, and I’m starting to wonder if it is possible to actually continue the pregnancy?! I am crazy for saying that?? I don’t know what to think

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Got the call back late afternoon and I am confirmed pregnant and not sure how to feel at all. I’ve always said if I got pregnant young I’d have a termination, but now I’m in the situation I’m not sure I can. Me and the dad are both working rather than in education and are both fairly mature etc, and I’m starting to wonder if it is possible to actually continue the pregnancy?! I am crazy for saying that?? I don’t know what to think
Not crazy at all, I fell pregnant with my eldest son when I was 19.
He was an accident, but he's the best accident I've ever had, I was absolutely petrified but he was the making of me and he is my absolute world.
Only you can make that decision along with your partner x

I echo what @I'mThankyou_ said. I had my daughter at 16, and although it was tough I couldn't imagine life without her. We argue like sisters as we're so close in age but she's my best friend. It's tough but so worth it x

Re next to me style beds; our bed is in an alcove and only 35cm from the wall each side (small wall with a radiator my side, full wall my OHs side) It’s quite a heavy ottoman bed so shifting it to the other side wouldn’t really work. What’s the alternative to them? Just having a normal crib?

I can relate in a way, I work in HR and so always know more about people than they realise. My boss also said a couple of things that I was able to work out my colleague was going through ivf. I think it’s such a hard situation but I would say it’s really important not to break the trust between your colleague and boss. That would be so hard to rebuild. I think you’re right in asking your boss to share it first x

Sleep on it, if you can. Take a few days if you need to, to think of all of your options and choices. At least you have your mum who knows so you're not bottling everything up. When you're ready, talk to the dad too. Either way, you sound sensible and I think you will be absolutely fine with whatever you decide

• Heart
Hi all, pregnant with my second. Fender scan on Sunday (16 weeks)
Probably not something I should say but, I’m bored a lot quicker this time. Just fed up & bored already. God forgive me 🤦🏼‍♀️🥺

Following on from my boob chat….. any bigger busted ladies have reccomdations for comfy non wired bras! Think mine have had a growth spurt the last week!
I used sports bra tbh with my first x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.