Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20 week scan…. Full or empty bladder!! Mines today I’m am absoutely cr*ping myself…. Iv not been able to shake a bad feeling all this week! I feel like I’m not ready to face any bad news
I was told full bladder. NHS leaflet also says full bladder. They usually tell you to empty it halfway through the scan x

Reactions: 1
If in doubt I always go with a full bladder - it’s easier to empty it if not needed than go with an empty bladder and attempt to quickly fill. Although for one of my private ones they were running a couple of minutes late and I had a water infection so was in absolute agony with how much I needed a wee by the time they started the scan and pressing down on my tummy!

Reactions: 4
I had this happen to me a few days ago and I started to panic because while I could still feel kicks, they were a fraction of the intensity and not in their normal pattern. Baba clearly likes to keep me on my toes because I was about to ring the hospital that night but baba then shifted back and kicks felt 'normal' (for me) again. If you feel worried about it, it's worth calling your midwife especially if you are concerned for a long period of time/not feeling kicks but try not to worry , there's every chance baby can shift back again. They just like to keep us on our toes!
Funnily enough, this morning it feels like baby has moved back to the position it was in and I can feel it tapping away again! I wasn’t anxious because I could still feel movement but it was like muffled which felt different, these babies aye!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
16 week midwife appointment today (17 weeks today but there we go) and I heard the heartbeat! First time as they didn’t do it at my scans… So so special, god it’s lovely. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Funnily enough, this morning it feels like baby has moved back to the position it was in and I can feel it tapping away again! I wasn’t anxious because I could still feel movement but it was like muffled which felt different, these babies aye!
Having an anterior placenta just feels so stressful ! Some days it feels like my boy has moved over and away from the left side so much that yeah movement just gets muffled a lot 😭

Last night hubby got to feel the taps/kicking a little for the first time and he said ‘is that it’ 😂 hopefully he gets why it stresses me out sometimes!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
In news that will shock no one, I’ve tested positive for gestational diabetes. Have my appt on Wednesday so feel abit like don’t know what I’m meant to be doing until then.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
In news that will shock no one, I’ve tested positive for gestational diabetes. Have my appt on Wednesday so feel abit like don’t know what I’m meant to be doing until then.
Sorry to hear this, this was me two weeks ago. It's a ball ache! Not a lot you can do until you get your monitor and can test your levels but the diet is low carb, lots of protein, veg and fats.

• Heart
Did they call you? I haven’t had a call since my test on Tuesday… sorry my love.
I looked up this and I’ve started implementing it in my diet - I guess before your meeting at least you can get your head round it a bit?

• Heart
Can I ask what your symptoms were? I’m not sure if I should be expecting a positive or not at my test next week. I’ve noticed I’m absolutely ravenous most of the time, get light headed and feel sick if I don’t eat within 15 minutes of feeling that (which is now eating every couple of hours), very thirsty and have a fairly sizeable bump just for 22 weeks. One of the girls at work has just gone on Mat leave at 37 weeks and her bump is about the same size!

• Heart
Can I ask what your symptoms were? I’m not sure if I should be expecting a positive or not at my test next week. I’ve noticed I’m absolutely ravenous most of the time, get light headed and feel sick if I don’t eat within 15 minutes of feeling that (which is now eating every couple of hours), very thirsty and have a fairly sizeable bump just for 22 weeks. One of the girls at work has just gone on Mat leave at 37 weeks and her bump is about the same size!
I would say most of those things apart from maybe being thirsty are very normal for pregnancy. They certainly were for me at least! 😊

Did they call you? I haven’t had a call since my test on Tuesday… sorry my love.
I looked up this and I’ve started implementing it in my diet - I guess before your meeting at least you can get your head round it a bit?

If you had your test Tuesday, I would say they would have called you by now 😊

Yeah I got a call this morning pretty much 48 hours after the last blood test. She told me a website to look at for dietary advice but not to Google anything else as she didn’t want me to worry myself over the weekend.

So I had what you’re describing with the hypoglycaemia and being thirsty. Not had any indicators in my urine and my bump is measuring 1cm ahead on the fundal chart but that is so inaccurate as my first baby was 9lb2 and they didn’t know until she was born as I measured bang on every time 🤷‍♀️
If you’re worried contact your midwife but what you’re describing is very normal in pregnancy x

Last edited:
20 week scan all went great!! Just so so relieved and tbh still in disbelief this is happening for us!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
My section date has been brought forwards 🎉 I also literally feel like a huge whale waddling around I'm still only 33 weeks 🙈 I have 2 important meetings with clients next week that I was hoping to palm off on my colleague but she isn't in 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve been having popping feelings in my lower abdomen, feel like little pulses. Is this my baby? I’m 17+3 so not sure if it’s too early. Can’t wait to feel him and know it’s him for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve been having popping feelings in my lower abdomen, feel like little pulses. Is this my baby? I’m 17+3 so not sure if it’s too early. Can’t wait to feel him and know it’s him for sure.
Pulses is exactly how I would describe it then, I was about 17 weeks too, sounds like baby :)

• Heart
If anyone is looking to buy a Snuzpod John Lewis have them reduced to £127.96 with free delivery this weekend, I bought one last night xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone done the appointments at John Lewis? I saw someone mention you get a discount if you book an appointment with them…. But do you have to order stuff that day to get the discount… or do they give you time to have a think before ordering?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.