Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone done the appointments at John Lewis? I saw someone mention you get a discount if you book an appointment with them…. But do you have to order stuff that day to get the discount… or do they give you time to have a think before ordering?
We just did one yesterday looking at buggies. The assistant emailed me the discount codes. She said we have 2 months to use them. They are for 10% off £1000 or 15% off £1500, you have to spend it all in one transaction to use the code, can do it either online or in store. T&CS at the bottom some brands are excluded so depending what you're looking at might be less useful https://www.johnlewis.com/our-servi...thingsbabyoffertermsconditions_cp_bab_a_larb_

We just did one yesterday looking at buggies. The assistant emailed me the discount codes. She said we have 2 months to use them. They are for 10% off £1000 or 15% off £1500, you have to spend it all in one transaction to use the code, can do it either online or in store. T&CS at the bottom some brands are excluded so depending what you're looking at might be less useful https://www.johnlewis.com/our-servi...thingsbabyoffertermsconditions_cp_bab_a_larb_

Ahhh amazing Thankyou sooo much!! I really want to start looking but wasn’t sure if I’d feel ready to order straight away! That’s fab!

Reactions: 1
Has anyone done the appointments at John Lewis? I saw someone mention you get a discount if you book an appointment with them…. But do you have to order stuff that day to get the discount… or do they give you time to have a think before ordering?
We did one a couple of weeks ago. Sign up to a John Lewis account in advance (free) and as someone else has said they send you codes after. We didn't feel any pressure to buy anything on the day and didn't but they send a list of the things we'd liked etc and so we then did an order online using the discount code. I found it extremely informative and would highly recommend!

Rant incoming. Fed up with myself. Had two days off work. Been so fatigued it’s hard to get up and do anything. Pretty sure I have pregnancy rhinitis as have had allergy symptoms for weeks. Spent hours sleeping and leaving my washing piled up, only managed to get a couple of washes on and changed the cat litter and cried my eyes out and went back to sleep. Lack of motivation is something I struggle with in general but I feel like such a useless slob at the minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Rant incoming. Fed up with myself. Had two days off work. Been so fatigued it’s hard to get up and do anything. Pretty sure I have pregnancy rhinitis as have had allergy symptoms for weeks. Spent hours sleeping and leaving my washing piled up, only managed to get a couple of washes on and changed the cat litter and cried my eyes out and went back to sleep. Lack of motivation is something I struggle with in general but I feel like such a useless slob at the minute.
Just to say I know exactly how you feel and you have achieved more than I’ve managed! Even washing my hair feels like a major task at the moment. Growing a new organ and human being is exhausting and you are definitely not useless.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Posted this in the new baby thread but I'll post it here too!

For anyone looking for baby things but don't want to pay for the name/pay too much. I recommend Kinderkraft stuff. Most of our baby stuff is by them and has lasted ages. They do the side sleeper/cot things too. We got our pushchair from there, the Kinderkraft Xmoov and it's been better than our Mamas and Pappas pram which was around 4 times the cost!
Worth looking into if you don't want to spend too much or don't have a huge budget! The stuff is practically the same, just without the big brand names!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Posted this in the new baby thread but I'll post it here too!

For anyone looking for baby things but don't want to pay for the name/pay too much. I recommend Kinderkraft stuff. Most of our baby stuff is by them and has lasted ages. They do the side sleeper/cot things too. We got our pushchair from there, the Kinderkraft Xmoov and it's been better than our Mamas and Pappas pram which was around 4 times the cost!
Worth looking into if you don't want to spend too much or don't have a huge budget! The stuff is practically the same, just without the big brand names!
The pram we’d been thinking of getting is a Kinderkraft one, think it was from searching around on here for recommends and reading some reviews online.

My mum has been trying to put us off for some reason though! She said you really need to go in stores and push them around and try them? Im not really sure what we gain from that, we did have a try in mamas and papas last week but we are not interested in spending that much for something you could get similar for a third of the price.

From everything we’ve read online we don’t see any reason to not get the Kindercraft one we want and going to order next week.

We did one a couple of weeks ago. Sign up to a John Lewis account in advance (free) and as someone else has said they send you codes after. We didn't feel any pressure to buy anything on the day and didn't but they send a list of the things we'd liked etc and so we then did an order online using the discount code. I found it extremely informative and would highly recommend!
Amazing Thankyou!! I thought I’d start looking while I’m in a good place after scan yeateday… but not sure I’m ready to buy! So this sounds perfect!!

• Heart
The pram we’d been thinking of getting is a Kinderkraft one, think it was from searching around on here for recommends and reading some reviews online.

My mum has been trying to put us off for some reason though! She said you really need to go in stores and push them around and try them? Im not really sure what we gain from that, we did have a try in mamas and papas last week but we are not interested in spending that much for something you could get similar for a third of the price.

From everything we’ve read online we don’t see any reason to not get the Kindercraft one we want and going to order next week.
I would definitely recommend the Kinderkraft Xmoov. It's currently between £250 and £300 for the whole travel system.
I love it and after 4 different prams, 2 different Mamas and Pappas ones and a Graco one (which I did love them all), this one in my opinion has been the best.

They also do their own version of the Snuzpod and other things too!

• Heart
Big hugs to you! I'm exactly the same I've struggled all the way through and I've had loads of time off work. I had so much I've wanted to do today and I've literally slept all day... I'm stressed about things and getting emotional about how fecking useless I feel... It's bloody hard going but be kind to yourself growing a human is not easy! X

• Heart

I did find it useful pushing them around in person and seeing how heavy they feel in real life, if the handle height works for both of us etc (my husband is 6+ inches taller than me) but everyone's needs are different. Something I hadn't thought about before we had the appointment was getting the buggy in and out of the house every time, we have a step up to the porch which has quite a high lip and then another step up into the house.

One we tried was really light and I was like wow that's incredible and the assistant said well remember there will be a baby in it who will gradually get heavier 😂

I found practicing collapsing them useful. I tried to collapse one of the mamas and papas ones and found it almost impossible! Probably a dodgy model but I steered clear of it after that.

I found practicing collapsing them useful. I tried to collapse one of the mamas and papas ones and found it almost impossible! Probably a dodgy model but I steered clear of it after that.
Likewise, I find buggy shopping more complicated than looking for a new car.

It depends what you’re going to do and your lifestyle- if you’re gonna be putting it in and out of the car a lot it’s probably worth checking you can carry it and it folds easily.

I found that useful as well. The JL assistant showed us how to collapse/put up one model, and to be absolutely fair to her she said 'now it went fine this time but this one can sometimes catch on the wheels'. Of course all of this is easier when it's two of you in a well lit shop, when it's just you and a baby in the rain with bags it will be a bit different 😂 so you can only prepare so much!

Some of the collapsing mechanisms just melt my brain, you push here and it all just folds up from a completely different direction! 🤯

Wow pregnancy hormones have been wild today! I actually felt like I wanted to smash my house up, the anger was bubbling 😂😅 my poor boyfriend,I can tell, is walking on egg shells

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m getting major large purchase anxiety with all the baby stuff tbh. We need everything except a crib! So many options and each one sounds like the right one until you look at that the next 😩

Wow pregnancy hormones have been wild today! I actually felt like I wanted to smash my house up, the anger was bubbling 😂😅 my poor boyfriend,I can tell, is walking on egg shells
This was me yesterday! I tromped my way around work haha

• Haha
30 weeks and feels like I’m back to first trimester. Was sick a couple of days ago and have been feeling nauseous on and off since then. Definitely not a bug as everyone else in the house is fine. I could cry 😢 did this happen to anyone else?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Juat wanted to say you are not alone, I could have written this. All I've done today is put some chicken in the slow cooker lol. I'm so bored but I don't have the energy to do anything either

• Heart
Just ordered maternity joggers from LoveLeggings, they have 60% off at the moment so got them for £14. Also they do tall and petite inside legs as well as regular. Just in case anyone is interested x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.