Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20 weeks now and everyday I seem to have a sore tummy.. but more below boobs/upper tummy. Feels bruised almost. Anyone else experienced this?
I posted something similar a few weeks ago about feeling bruised and almost tender to touch. A few ladies reassured me they had felt similar and now at 30 weeks it's definitely eased but there's still certain parts of my bump that feel like this, and I think it depends on what position bubs is in 🤷🏻‍♀️

Almost 8 weeks pregnant with baby no.2 and I just feel rotten! In the last week, I’ve developed horrendous nausea that lasts pretty much all day and a real aversion to food in general! I’m forcing myself to eat three meals still but it’s not enjoyable. This is from someone who normally loves food so it’s quite upsetting! Also struggling to drink anything except water. The tiredness is off the charts too.

I’m trying to remember what the early weeks felt like last time (it’s about 4.5 years ago) and I remember being tired and a bit nauseous but this just seems next level. Just looking for some reassurance from anyone else who felt like this early on and now feels better? I’m telling myself that it will pass but as I just seem to feel worse each day, it’s getting hard to feel positive. Feel a bit like I’m just existing at the moment and then feel guilty as we have longed for this baby for ages.
Hi! You sound like me, felt really nauseous from about 6/7 weeks up until about 13 weeks, I still feel more tired than I normally would but way better than the first trimester. Similar to you because I felt worse this time than I did with my first, and I’ve been told it’s because your body’s been through it before, knows what to do, and therefore floods your body with the hormones quicker second time round so you can feel worse. I’m 16 weeks now and apart from getting tired by around 3pm, I’m okay

Reactions: 1
Ah thank you ☺ and I'm sorry you've dealt with similar feelings as well. Did you tell family early on? I held off telling family until I was about 14 weeks before and certain members definitely got the hump that I'd kept it to myself that long. I'd rather keep it to myself for longer this time tbh, I'm not sure my anxiety can cope with the added pressure and drama of other people. As soon as my kids know, the entire school will know, and the thought of all the unsolicited comments is making me feel like crying! Nevermind how pissed off some family members will be if I keep quiet again. Maybe I need to try harder not to be such a people-pleaser 😬
I told my mum
And dad at 11 weeks I think. I depend on them emotionally a lot so I wanted them to know. I’ve not told my brother or my sister. I told myself I’d tell them when I see them and I’ve not seen them - nor have they checked in with me or my family. I have settled on the fact that I don’t owe anyone any information about me and it’s my body and my baby.

but I also think this is typical of pregnancies post the first one, or stressful pregnancies - of which this has been both. I also seem to hate telling people - like I don’t mind them knowing but I don’t want to volunteer the information to anyone. When I told my boss I didn’t directly say I was pregnant I told him I’d be going on maternity leave in February😂

Reactions: 3
Have to say I cannot recommend moving house in early pregnancy. I didn’t think it was possible for me to be more exhausted but after a day of packing and shifting things around, I feel I could sleep for a week. Regretting not booking some annual leave this week to take the pressure off of moving. It’ll be worth it once we’re moved but there’s still so much to do and I just don’t have it in me right now

Reactions: 2
yes I had this for a while around 20 weeks or so, it went away, it felt quite tender but never bruised. I thought it might have been a hernia perhaps but it never came to anything and went away by itself. Maybe worth mentioning to midwife or GP if it gets really uncomfortable?
I posted something similar a few weeks ago about feeling bruised and almost tender to touch. A few ladies reassured me they had felt similar and now at 30 weeks it's definitely eased but there's still certain parts of my bump that feel like this, and I think it depends on what position bubs is in 🤷🏻‍♀️
Thankyou both! Reassuring to hear it’s not just me. Yeah it defo feels tender. I’ll see how it goes next week or so and mention to midwife if not! It’s not painful as such. Seems to start after Iv eaten fist thing of the morning!!

Did you notice them at all during labour? I have visions of them bursting or something horrific 😂 Thank you for the reassurance, my husband has popped out to grab me some germaloids so let’s hope I get some relief in before baby comes 🤞🏻I’m glad your bum plum went away after! Pregnancy is so glamorous x
No I have to say they didn’t bother me when I was in labour, or until about 2 days afterwards when everything felt slightly less like a steel toe capped boot had attacked me, suddenly I felt so much more aware of them and they felt so much worse. I just tried to take as much pressure as I could off my bum so that it wasn’t quite as painful. I used Epsom salts in a shallow bath as well just to clean the area and soak them slightly before a shower.

Hopefully it does something to help you even short term. And I really hope yours doesn’t grow like mine did 😬😂 x

• Heart
Have to say I cannot recommend moving house in early pregnancy. I didn’t think it was possible for me to be more exhausted but after a day of packing and shifting things around, I feel I could sleep for a week. Regretting not booking some annual leave this week to take the pressure off of moving. It’ll be worth it once we’re moved but there’s still so much to do and I just don’t have it in me right now
I’m currently 24 weeks and we’re expecting to exchange when I’m around 30 weeks (which is also Xmas) 🙈🙈 - I’m absolutely dreading it! Good luck settling in and getting bits done, it will be worth it in the end!

• Heart
Hi! You sound like me, felt really nauseous from about 6/7 weeks up until about 13 weeks, I still feel more tired than I normally would but way better than the first trimester. Similar to you because I felt worse this time than I did with my first, and I’ve been told it’s because your body’s been through it before, knows what to do, and therefore floods your body with the hormones quicker second time round so you can feel worse. I’m 16 weeks now and apart from getting tired by around 3pm, I’m okay
Oh that’s interesting about the hormones. Thanks for the reply- glad you’re feeling okay. Early pregnancy can feel quite lonely I think as not many people know so I feel like I‘m just moaning to my hubby all the time! Hoping I feel a bit better by the time christmas comes round- will be devastated if I can’t stomach Christmas dinner!

Almost 8 weeks pregnant with baby no.2 and I just feel rotten! In the last week, I’ve developed horrendous nausea that lasts pretty much all day and a real aversion to food in general! I’m forcing myself to eat three meals still but it’s not enjoyable. This is from someone who normally loves food so it’s quite upsetting! Also struggling to drink anything except water. The tiredness is off the charts too.

I’m trying to remember what the early weeks felt like last time (it’s about 4.5 years ago) and I remember being tired and a bit nauseous but this just seems next level. Just looking for some reassurance from anyone else who felt like this early on and now feels better? I’m telling myself that it will pass but as I just seem to feel worse each day, it’s getting hard to feel positive. Feel a bit like I’m just existing at the moment and then feel guilty as we have longed for this baby for ages.
I felt awful from about six weeks until sixteen. Omeperazole helped massively as I think a lot of my nausea stemmed from acid reflux. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Hey this sounded exactly like me, I struggled to even find drinks I could stomach sipping. However it does get better I’m 14 weeks now and the last few weeks I’ve felt less sick, have more energy and I am enjoying food again. Today is the first day I haven’t felt sick at all, hang in there it will get better. I did also get some sickness medication from the doctors that helped when it was really bad

Good luck settling in and unpacking! We're completing tomorrow and I'm also 25 weeks so not looking forward to this one bit! Lots of reno to do in the house as well.

• Heart

Me 🙌 hi, and congrats! I’m 21 weeks with baby 1, and from weeks 5-10 I was absolutely miserable. I got so frustrated, I couldn’t eat or be around anything cooked and had to sit outside when my
Husband cooked. The food aversions were next level, a whiff of meat (I love meat 😭) or if the bin stank I would run to throw up. HOWEVER, it did improve. It felt like it was so sudden, one day I was dealing with some chicken and whilst I felt off, there was no mad dash to vom. I still threw up on and off for another few weeks but the food aversions went completely and I found throwing up tended to sort it out.

My tiredness has been ridiculous but I’m anaemic and only in the last week or two have I started to feel like my regular non tired pregnant self.

I hope you feel better, everyone is different and I did think omg, what if I’m one of those women who is sick throughout the pregnancy, but I did get better! I would say keep eating if you can and eat what you feel like and when you feel like.

I'm still struggling physically and mentally. Forcing myself back to work even though I feel far from ready because I'm not getting paid. I wish I didn't feel like such a failure, I never knew pregnancy would be this hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Another day another question… coming up 21 weeks now. Had quite a few short sharp shooting pains to the left hand side quite low down. Isn’t happening when I’m moving around… so wasn’t sure if it was round ligament! Anyone had similar? Is this a concern?

Another day another question… coming up 21 weeks now. Had quite a few short sharp shooting pains to the left hand side quite low down. Isn’t happening when I’m moving around… so wasn’t sure if it was round ligament! Anyone had similar? Is this a concern?
Sounds like round ligament to me 😊

Baby not moving again this morning so looks like another trip to go and get monitored 😫 I feel like as the weeks are going on I’m more concerned when I don’t feel him as I think to myself how can I not feel a 32 week 4lbs 6oz baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Baby not moving again this morning so looks like another trip to go and get monitored 😫 I feel like as the weeks are going on I’m more concerned when I don’t feel him as I think to myself how can I not feel a 32 week 4lbs 6oz baby!
Hope everything is okay ❤

I feel like this is going to be me in 3 or 4 weeks
I keep thinking for 27weeks surely the movements should start to be getting stronger but I don’t think it’s changed much from the first times I felt him move 😭
I felt him a lot on Saturday but I think he must’ve shifted more towards the other side yesterday and still is there today as the movements feel way more dull and not feeling him on the left now :(

• Heart
Sorry just a rant. Pls feel free to ignore I just need to get it out somewhere 😂
I honestly have no idea how people work until 36+ weeks. I’m only 18 weeks and I have no idea how I’ll keep going until 32 weeks. I’m working 11 and 1/2 hour days 4x a week now and feel like a zombie.
I feel so guilty moaning because I’ve wanted this for years & just want everything to be fine🙏
My boss has also made a dig at me leaving at 33/34 weeks too which isn’t exactly helping my motivation to work 🙃

• Heart
I've got my first call with the midwife today 😊 (7 weeks along). My questions include:
- What and when are the contact points I'll have with midwives/GPs/hospital
- Booking scans and understanding the whole antenatal process
- Who to contact in case of emergency (pains, bleeding) at different points of the pregnancy
- What I'm entitled to (free dental etc) and how to claim it

I also need to ask about smears as I'm due one in January as last year I was HPV positive.

Is there anything else important you think I should ask/wish you'd asked?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.