Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby not moving again this morning so looks like another trip to go and get monitored 😫 I feel like as the weeks are going on I’m more concerned when I don’t feel him as I think to myself how can I not feel a 32 week 4lbs 6oz baby!
Do you know if he is head down now? Ideally you want the baby’s back to be on your stomach side rather than back to back so if he is in that position you won’t feel the hands and feet on the outside like before. Not downplaying your concerns but could possibly be why.

Reactions: 3
Registered my pregnancy and booked my first appointment with the midwife this morning 🫣 feels like a the longest wait and I’m so worried something is going to go wrong as it’s still early days 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do you know if he is head down now? Ideally you want the baby’s back to be on your stomach side rather than back to back so if he is in that position you won’t feel the hands and feet on the outside like before. Not downplaying your concerns but could possibly be why.
He’s head down yes! And he started moving again 10 minutes after posting so I didn’t go in 😂 bloody kids. Makes me feel better to why I’m not feeling him much though!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hmm this is really interesting, I think sometimes my baby shifts to having his back to my stomach and I feel a bit less movement, although that has also coincided with a lot of walking/moving about. At my last 2 midwife appts he was facing to my left but it's so hard to work out what he's up to in between!

@Kirsteaplz @mgmhs @armyofone thanks for advice on the growth scans, I have mine this afternoon as they couldn't fit us in on Friday. Husband and I are worrying a little bit but hoping it's just a combination of baby being on the big side and fundal measurements being a bit off. Feel like I've been in a blissful little bubble the last few weeks and this is a bit of a burst of reality

@loveanatter hope your growth scan went ok last week?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Had my 25 week midwife appointment today! Everything was fine, took my mum this time and midwife let us listen to the heart beat which was lovely! I had protein and glucose in my pee, for the first time so they’ve sent that off to get checked as a precaution, she checked my blood pressure which was normal and she’s put a date in for the gestational diabetes test but still no MATB1 form, not too concerned about it after checking gov website, it says I should give it in within 21 days of the maternity pay start date. She measured my uterus, I’m on track for 26 weeks. At the time I wasn’t too worried about the protein and the glucose but now I’m thinking should I be?!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've got my first call with the midwife today 😊 (7 weeks along). My questions include:
- What and when are the contact points I'll have with midwives/GPs/hospital
- Booking scans and understanding the whole antenatal process
- Who to contact in case of emergency (pains, bleeding) at different points of the pregnancy
- What I'm entitled to (free dental etc) and how to claim it

I also need to ask about smears as I'm due one in January as last year I was HPV positive.

Is there anything else important you think I should ask/wish you'd asked?
I was due a smear test when pregnant, they told me to book 12+ weeks after birth (I did 16) x

• Heart
I've got my first call with the midwife today 😊 (7 weeks along). My questions include:
- What and when are the contact points I'll have with midwives/GPs/hospital
- Booking scans and understanding the whole antenatal process
- Who to contact in case of emergency (pains, bleeding) at different points of the pregnancy
- What I'm entitled to (free dental etc) and how to claim it

I also need to ask about smears as I'm due one in January as last year I was HPV positive.

Is there anything else important you think I should ask/wish you'd asked?
With smears, you can't have one when pregnant, and you have to wait until 12 weeks after giving birth 😊

My last 2 smears were both due whilst pregnant 😂
Having a smear 12 weeks after my second was not fun after a 3c tear 😂

Had my 25 week midwife appointment today! Everything was fine, took my mum this time and midwife let us listen to the heart beat which was lovely! I had protein and glucose in my pee, for the first time so they’ve sent that off to get checked as a precaution, she checked my blood pressure which was normal and she’s put a date in for the gestational diabetes test but still no MATB1 form, not too concerned about it after checking gov website, it says I should give it in within 21 days of the maternity pay start date. She measured my uterus, I’m on track for 26 weeks. At the time I wasn’t too worried about the protein and the glucose but now I’m thinking should I be?!
You will probably have to ask for your matb1. I've never just been given it, I've had to ask them

• Heart
Has anyone had their whooping cough vaccination? I said yes to mine but I don’t know when I get it or how I’m meant to book it? Will they just jab me at the 28week appointment?

Has anyone had their whooping cough vaccination? I said yes to mine but I don’t know when I get it or how I’m meant to book it? Will they just jab me at the 28week appointment?
I haven't had mine yet (12 weeks) but at my first midwife appointment they told me to ring my GP and book it between 16 - 32 weeks. However it may vary from area to area x

I haven't had mine yet (12 weeks) but at my first midwife appointment they told me to ring my GP and book it between 16 - 32 weeks. However it may vary from area to area x
Thank you - I’m like a total sieve at the moment, you can’t tell me anything and expect me to hold on to the information!

I got given mine at my 20 week scan. Same as my flu jab 😊

And typically the midwife hasn't rang 😭 Or is seriously overrunning. Don't want to phone the GPs to check in case they call when I'm doing that! I just want to speak to someone as I feel like I've totally been left to my own devices so far. My Mum said back in the v early 90s when she had me she was in all the time for check ups.

Any typically the midwife hasn't rang 😭 Or is seriously overrunning. Don't want to phone the GPs to check in case they call when I'm doing that! I just want to speak to someone as I feel like I've totally been left to my own devices so far. My Mum said back in the v early 90s when she had me she was in all the time for check ups.
Have you just referred to the midwife services?
With ours, you give them all your details, due date ect and then they contact you around 10 weeks. You don't hear anything until then. Not even acknowledgement that they've got your details.

Just editing to say I've seen you said you've got your first call today!
Have you got another phone you can call on? Partners phone ect?

Appointments usually go; your booking appointment around 10 weeks and bloods.
12 week scan, 16 week midwife appointment, 20 week scan and then 25 week appointment if it's your first. 28, 31 weeks for first baby, 34, 36, 38, 40
You can see a list of appointments on the NHS website) 😊

Have you just referred to the midwife services?
With ours, you give them all your details, due date ect and then they contact you around 10 weeks
No I'm in Wales so I think our systems a bit more convoluted. I had to ring my GP who then booked me in for a phone call appointment with the midwife.

No I'm in Wales so I think our systems a bit more convoluted. I had to ring my GP who then booked me in for a phone call appointment with the midwife.
I think it's more dependant on trust rather than country as my friends was the same way as yours but she's in the UK 😊

What time is your call supposed to be?
I'd give your doctors a call and if she does happen to ring, she will call you back a few minutes later. They normally try a few times

Got mine tomorrow, had to ring my GP to book as the hospital I’m going to don’t offer it. The receptionist said it had to be after my 20 week scan despite the midwife at my 16 week appt saying I could get it from any time 🙄 think my GP was in the wrong but anyway! My friend got it done at the hospital when she had her 20 week scan so think it just varies.

Hmm this is really interesting, I think sometimes my baby shifts to having his back to my stomach and I feel a bit less movement, although that has also coincided with a lot of walking/moving about. At my last 2 midwife appts he was facing to my left but it's so hard to work out what he's up to in between!

@Kirsteaplz @mgmhs @armyofone thanks for advice on the growth scans, I have mine this afternoon as they couldn't fit us in on Friday. Husband and I are worrying a little bit but hoping it's just a combination of baby being on the big side and fundal measurements being a bit off. Feel like I've been in a blissful little bubble the last few weeks and this is a bit of a burst of reality

@loveanatter hope your growth scan went ok last week?
Aw thanks for remembering! 🥰
Twisted turn of events - I got sent because my midwife thought he might be measuring big but he’s actually measuring a little small! So I’m back in 2 weeks to make sure he’s following his growth line xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think it's more dependant on trust rather than country as my friends was the same way as yours but she's in the UK 😊

What time is your call supposed to be?
I'd give your doctors a call and if she does happen to ring, she will call you back a few minutes later. They normally try a few times
Thank you. I've just rung and they're "a little bit behind" and will call in 20 mins... making the call over an hour late. I have to go out at 4:50 for another appointment so naturally I'm in a panic now 🙃 Very unlike me - can I blame hormones 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.