Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had the same in my first pregnancy with my sons femur measuring at 5th centile on two growth scans. I like you googled and made myself worried sick about it. Ended up having a chat with the consultant who was so reassuring and told me not to worry about the measurement at all although I still did. It put such a dark cloud over the end of my pregnancy and as soon as he was born I wanted to check his legs 🤦🏻‍♀️ He was absolutely fine by the way - his legs were completely normal proportion and he’s now a healthy average height almost 3 year old. I declined growth scans this pregnancy because of the worry they caused.
Thankyou for the reassurance it's just awful it's in the back of my head everyday they tell you not to worry but I feel like it makes you worry more then going down the black hole of googling how much did your little boy weigh when he was born if you don't mind me asking I've never had a small baby before so this is all new to me x

Thankyou for the reassurance it's just awful it's in the back of my head everyday they tell you not to worry but I feel like it makes you worry more then going down the black hole of googling how much did your little boy weigh when he was born if you don't mind me asking I've never had a small baby before so this is all new to me x
He was 6lb11oz so small but not too small. My labour started on its own and I had him at 40+3. I do remember when I googled a lot that the vast majority of people who had the same thing, the babies were also totally fine. The growth scans really aren’t that accurate, the difference between centiles is millimetres. The consultant told me that they only worry about femur length if it’s off the chart small and not in proportion to other measurements. Plus me and my husband aren’t exactly tall so if it’s the same for you, then chances are your baby is just growing to their own unique curve which is totally normal for them.

Got my 12 week scan date through the door this morning - 22nd November. A mixture of excitement at seeing bubba and nervousness that all is OK 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I found out 2 weeks ago, called the doctors and was told to go online and register on a website and someone would be in touch. I’ve since had a text message (!!!!) to say I’ve got an appointment with the midwife in a couple of weeks, when I’ll be 8 weeks.

I was expecting to be at least called in for a blood test to check I’m definitely pregnant.. anxiety brain talking what if I turn up to the midwife and there’s nothing in there 🤣

Bit disappointed so far really, no support or guidance in terms of what to do in case something goes wrong.

Also my first post here after lurking the last few weeks, it hasn’t hit me yet and I’m very anxious being so early, but hi everyone 👋
I definitely felt the same in the very early days, what if I've somehow imagined it all and there's nothing there. When it's so early it's a lot of waiting which I found really hard. Good luck

• Heart
Reactions: 1
He was 6lb11oz so small but not too small. My labour started on its own and I had him at 40+3. I do remember when I googled a lot that the vast majority of people who had the same thing, the babies were also totally fine. The growth scans really aren’t that accurate, the difference between centiles is millimetres. The consultant told me that they only worry about femur length if it’s off the chart small and not in proportion to other measurements. Plus me and my husband aren’t exactly tall so if it’s the same for you, then chances are your baby is just growing to their own unique curve which is totally normal for them.
Yeah in my head I know they can be wrong my husbands 6ft 4 I'm 5ft 5 so not small I think its because its all new normally I'm told your baby is big so I think them saying hes small has added worry I'm going to book a private scan soon hopefully everything will be fine x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
has anyone tracked their food through their pregnancy? I have just started (24 weeks)- my key aim of tracking is to keep an eye on my salt intake and other foods that contribute to high blood pressure, but I notice that I set my calories to maintenance and I can’t quite seem to get there - my maintenance calories are quite high mind you as I’m pretty heavy. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how I can make up calories in a healthy way - looking at low salt/low sugar options. Or do I even need to worry about this? I’m over 1500 calories a day, probably coming in more like the 1700/1800 mark - which is probably maintenance for most people!

I found out 2 weeks ago, called the doctors and was told to go online and register on a website and someone would be in touch. I’ve since had a text message (!!!!) to say I’ve got an appointment with the midwife in a couple of weeks, when I’ll be 8 weeks.

I was expecting to be at least called in for a blood test to check I’m definitely pregnant.. anxiety brain talking what if I turn up to the midwife and there’s nothing in there 🤣

Bit disappointed so far really, no support or guidance in terms of what to do in case something goes wrong.

Also my first post here after lurking the last few weeks, it hasn’t hit me yet and I’m very anxious being so early, but hi everyone 👋
If they’re like mine, they won’t even confirm pregnancy at that 8 week appointment. Mine just took my word for it 😂

• Haha
has anyone tracked their food through their pregnancy? I have just started (24 weeks)- my key aim of tracking is to keep an eye on my salt intake and other foods that contribute to high blood pressure, but I notice that I set my calories to maintenance and I can’t quite seem to get there - my maintenance calories are quite high mind you as I’m pretty heavy. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how I can make up calories in a healthy way - looking at low salt/low sugar options. Or do I even need to worry about this? I’m over 1500 calories a day, probably coming in more like the 1700/1800 mark - which is probably maintenance for most people!
I did a little bit at the beginning as I felt constantly ill (but was rarely sick) so for a few days I wrote down what I was eating to see if it looked like enough (not tracking calories) but the first 16 weeks were such a struggle I just ate whatever I could face. I'm 27 weeks now and mostly back to normal eating, I've made a few changes recently for digestive reasons but for myself I won't start counting calories unless recommended by the Dr/midwife.

I've got really into bran flakes and fruit yoghurt recently, I'd have it 2 or 3 times a day but not sure that's a great idea! Also very into cheese, apple and cream crackers for lunch or a snack (Sainsbury's truffle cheddar is 👌👌 for this.

• Heart
When did you all start feeling baby inside moving?
I know I’m still too early but my 21 week scan is still so far away (5 weeks) and it’s been 3 weeks since our last one but it seems like such a big gap between.
I want to book a private one for maybe 18 weeks so at least it’s only another week & a half. Did many of you have private ones in between?
And would a 2/3 week gap between scans be ok?

I’ve booked an early gender scan for Saturday 😁😁 hope little one cooperates and we can finally see if we’re having a baby boy or girl. I don’t mind either way but I’m struggling to picture my future with baby without knowing what they’re going to be. Does that make sense to anyone?
Oh amazing! Let us know how you get on, how many weeks are you now?
I know what you mean! It’s hard to imagine it when you don’t know what they are 😅

I know I’m still too early but my 21 week scan is still so far away (5 weeks) and it’s been 3 weeks since our last one but it seems like such a big gap between.
I want to book a private one for maybe 18 weeks so at least it’s only another week & a half. Did many of you have private ones in between?
I have an anterior placenta and I felt very very light movements from 16 weeks, I could only feel him when laying down and it felt like a light tickling. They became stronger at around 20 weeks and I felt it from the outside by 22 weeks. 30 + 1 now and my belly goes into some weird shapes with him moving around 😂

I have an anterior placenta and I felt very very light movements from 16 weeks, I could only feel him when laying down and it felt like a light tickling. They became stronger at around 20 weeks and I felt it from the outside by 22 weeks. 30 + 1 now and my belly goes into some weird shapes with him moving around 😂
Did they tell you what position your placenta is? I was never told so also sends me into a little wobble because I don’t know if I should expect movement later or earlier 😂 My partner keeps saying “it’s fine your belly is growing” which is true but there’s always that little devil of worry in my head

Did they tell you what position your placenta is? I was never told so also sends me into a little wobble because I don’t know if I should expect movement later or earlier 😂 My partner keeps saying “it’s fine your belly is growing” which is true but there’s always that little devil of worry in my head
I was told when I went for a private scan at 16 weeks but the nhs didn’t mention it until my 20 week scan! I wouldn’t worry because my friend is currently 25 weeks pregnant and she’s only started feeling movement over the last few weeks (anterior placenta) and then my other friend has a posterior placenta and didn’t feel movement until 18 weeks! And she’s 7 stone so bloody tiny I was surprised she didn’t feel her at conception 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well my second gorgeous son arrived on Monday night, 10 days overdue but came so fast I had to push him out with nothing but gas and air and he weighs a very healthy 9lb 3oz 🥲 craziest experience of my life but we’re home now and just getting settled as a family of four 💙

Hope everyone else approaching due dates or over are doing okay! Crazy to think I joined this thread in February and I’ve only just had my baby 🥲
Congratulations!! And well done you, what a trooper!!💙 hope you’re both doing good! I’m a week overdue today so won’t be long for me now. I feel the same, found out the end of February now here we are🥹 I so want her out but also feel emotional about not being pregnant anymore🥲xx

My report from my ultrasounds have the placenta position but nobody brought it up, I suppose as it wasn't causing any issues.

I started feeling some light movements around 22-23ish weeks (spent a lot of time wondering if it was gas or baby) they started to get stronger and were a lot clearer by the time I had my midwife appt at 25 weeks.

The other day I was looking at my phone with my hand resting on my stomach and it suddenly bounced into the air 😂

I miss the gentle tickling/tapping days a bit now! Although it's nice being more certain that the bigger movements are baby rather than digestion!

• Haha
Ahh thank you all, I genuinely feel so reassured that it’s not just me!

I’ve only told my partner so far so was a bit nervous to post as seeing it written down makes it feel a bit more real!!

Your trust sounds similar to mine. You register online and don't hear anything until a few days before your appointment, which for me was at 10 weeks. I registered at 5 weeks.

They don't check you're pregnant really 😂 they leave that until the 12 week scan 😂 up until then, they take your word for it haha.

She'll arrange your booking bloods at your appointment possibly. Or she may even do them there and then (which happened with my second) so pre warning. Even then though, they don't check hcg levels or anything. It just iron, whethere you're rhesus negative positive, things like that 😊

Unfortunately there isn't much support. Especially in the early days! ❤

• Heart
Probably around that time I was feeling wee bubbles inside me and little jitters which were definitely baby, but properly feeling her probably around 21 weeks onwards. I have an anterior placenta but have never really had an issue with feeling her. Could be due to positions they are in! Also was never advised not to have a private scan or how far apart they should be!😊

I had private scans at 6, 8 and 10 weeks, then NHS ones at 11 and 12 weeks due to the dates being wrong and it being too early . The hospital scheduled it to be 7 days apart so I’m sure it doesn’t matter on the gap to be honest x

Congratulations!! And well done you, what a trooper!!💙 hope you’re both doing good! I’m a week overdue today so won’t be long for me now. I feel the same, found out the end of February now here we are🥹 I so want her out but also feel emotional about not being pregnant anymore🥲xx
Ah thank you! 💙 eeek hopefully not much longer for you now! I was so over being pregnant but yep, predictable as ever I miss it already 🥲 good luck with your birth you’re gonna do amazing xx

• Heart
Has anyone got experience with wearing the baby in a sling? I quote like the idea this time round but have no ides where to start and there are so many different types!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.