Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone got experience with wearing the baby in a sling? I quote like the idea this time round but have no ides where to start and there are so many different types!!
I tried the baba sling but she absolutely hated it - I was probably doing it wrong though.

I love the stretchy fabric wraps and my daughter was predominately in hers for probably the first six months of her life 🤣

I also had the ergo baby 360 for out and about and it was a LIFE SAVER since she had reflux and going in her pram made her miserable poor thing.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone got experience with wearing the baby in a sling? I quote like the idea this time round but have no ides where to start and there are so many different types!!
I bought a baby bjorn one as I couldn’t be doing with tying a piece of material and the stress that I hadn’t done it right 😂😂
I’ve just bought another as I gave my old one away, and after another look ended up with baby bjorn again! The mini one, as I haven’t ever baby worn over the age of 1 x

Reactions: 3
Might be worth having a look for a local sling library near you!

Reactions: 3
I tried the baba sling but she absolutely hated it - I was probably doing it wrong though.

I love the stretchy fabric wraps and my daughter was predominately in hers for probably the first six months of her life 🤣

I also had the ergo baby 360 for out and about and it was a LIFE SAVER since she had reflux and going in her pram made her miserable poor thing.
I bought a baby bjorn one as I couldn’t be doing with tying a piece of material and the stress that I hadn’t done it right 😂😂
I’ve just bought another as I gave my old one away, and after another look ended up with baby bjorn again! The mini one, as I haven’t ever baby worn over the age of 1 x
Might be worth having a look for a local sling library near you!
Thanks guys, I've found a sling library close to me so think I will contact them. I didnt use one for our first and there's a part of me that thinks I don't need one because I didn't use one last time 🤷🏻‍♀️ but for whatever reason I feel the need for one this time round x

Reactions: 1
Ah thank you! 💙 eeek hopefully not much longer for you now! I was so over being pregnant but yep, predictable as ever I miss it already 🥲 good luck with your birth you’re gonna do amazing xx
Can’t be much longer now!😅 awww least the wee bundle will make up for it but for sure it’ll be strange! Thanks so much🥰xx

Are there any good websites or books for the dads to be? My other half is a really lovely and competent guy but he doesn't have a lot of experience with children and is quite anxious about parenting. I do try to reassure him that we will be okay but I can understand him feeling like he's going in blind. I thought maybe if there's some stuff he can read that might help him feel a bit more secure in himself

Anyone else been diagnosed with Hyperemesis? 14 weeks now and spent the weekend in hospital from it. Did it come back for anyone, honestly never felt so tit!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone else been diagnosed with Hyperemesis? 14 weeks now and spent the weekend in hospital from it. Did it come back for anyone, honestly never felt so tit!
I had it till around 26 weeks 😭 multiple hospital visits was horrendous

• Heart
Are there any good websites or books for the dads to be? My other half is a really lovely and competent guy but he doesn't have a lot of experience with children and is quite anxious about parenting. I do try to reassure him that we will be okay but I can understand him feeling like he's going in blind. I thought maybe if there's some stuff he can read that might help him feel a bit more secure in himself
My sister gave us this book -
Pregnancy for Men: The whole nine months (PAPERBACK)

which I've flicked through, seems quite good but a bit 'manly' if you get my drift.

How did you get diagnosed? I’m convinced I’ve got it but have been made to believe by others that my sickness is normal (24 hour nausea, sick 5-10+ times a day).

Hope you’re feeling better soon love.

• Heart
Had my 28 week appt today with the GP. All went ok but when she dipped my urine, she said it had blood and white blood cells present so she prescribed me a weeks worth of antibotics for an infection. Super confused by this because I've had uti's over the years and felt dog rough with them where as now I don't overly have symptoms bar being tired and peeing a lot which I was putting down to just being pregnant. Has anyone had anything similar where they had an UTI without typical symptoms? 🤔

How did you get diagnosed? I’m convinced I’ve got it but have been made to believe by others that my sickness is normal (24 hour nausea, sick 5-10+ times a day).

Hope you’re feeling better soon love.
Multiple drs visits and ended up calling 111 I have 3 days of being sick after water and was on the verge of collapsing. They referred me to EPU and they diagnosed me there and put me on multiple drips etc. really hope it gets better for you. 5-10 isn’t normal :( xx

I had it till around 26 weeks 😭 multiple hospital visits was horrendous
Christ that’s a long time chick :( x

• Heart
Had my 28 week appt today with the GP. All went ok but when she dipped my urine, she said it had blood and white blood cells present so she prescribed me a weeks worth of antibotics for an infection. Super confused by this because I've had uti's over the years and felt dog rough with them where as now I don't overly have symptoms bar being tired and peeing a lot which I was putting down to just being pregnant. Has anyone had anything similar where they had an UTI without typical symptoms? 🤔
I’ve had this with my last midwife appointment. No symptoms either!

I had a UTI basically the whole pregnancy with no symptoms! I kept having antibiotics and it would go and then come back next time my wee was tested. In the end they put me on long term antibiotics for the last 8 weeks or so. They also referred me for a kidney scan which I had at 37 weeks and they said they weren’t draining properly which apparently can happen in pregnancy and cause UTIs… I just googled it again as I couldn’t remember the name of what they said I had, hydronephrosis it was.
I also had one really swollen ankle and foot which again they said was linked to it as it was the kidney that was being blocked up the most xx

Feel like I got to 12 weeks quite quickly from finding out (at 4 weeks) and now at almost 15 weeks time is really dragging. I’m considering booking another scan in before my 20 week one. Doesn’t help that I’m showing enough to make it really difficult to hide but not quite enough to have a nice pregnant bump, I just look fat 😂

I had similar at my booking appt. Felt fine but the midwife found blood cells in my urine, got GP to prescribe antibiotics and sent me for an early scan. The only other times I've had UTIs it's been agony to wee, sore back etc!

Antibiotics 2 or 3x a day and I normally threw up the morning ones but they must have worked as it doesn't seem to have come back since!

I had a UTI basically the whole pregnancy with no symptoms! I kept having antibiotics and it would go and then come back next time my wee was tested. In the end they put me on long term antibiotics for the last 8 weeks or so. They also referred me for a kidney scan which I had at 37 weeks and they said they weren’t draining properly which apparently can happen in pregnancy and cause UTIs… I just googled it again as I couldn’t remember the name of what they said I had, hydronephrosis it was.
I also had one really swollen ankle and foot which again they said was linked to it as it was the kidney that was being blocked up the most xx
Really interesting because I had the same and I’m 14 months pp and I still have the issues with water infections maybe it’s still not working right and I should go to the doctors x

I second this. I swear by my mini baby Bjorn x

• Heart
Really interesting because I had the same and I’m 14 months pp and I still have the issues with water infections maybe it’s still not working right and I should go to the doctors x
Deffo go to the docs and ask for a scan, they said to me it “should” go away after pregnancy but I still had swelling 3 months after so I went back and they rescanned it and luckily my kidneys had drained it was just water retention (gone now) x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.