Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got mine tomorrow, had to ring my GP to book as the hospital I’m going to don’t offer it. The receptionist said it had to be after my 20 week scan despite the midwife at my 16 week appt saying I could get it from any time 🙄 think my GP was in the wrong but anyway! My friend got it done at the hospital when she had her 20 week scan so think it just varies.
Maternity care is like a decision map that doesn’t make any sense!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Guys I've my 12 week scan tomorrow - do I need a full bladder and a urine sample? My letter doesn't mention it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just to check, is there a blood test at the 25 week appointment? OH is having to take me but he doesn’t want to come in if he’s at risk of fainting again 😂

Sonographer thinks baby is just big but as his abdomen is slightly outside normal ranges we need the scan reviewed by a Dr so currently waiting in the assessment unit. She also said the dr might want me to do the GTT again 😭😭 what is it going to find that the first two didn't!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sonographer thinks baby is just big but as his abdomen is slightly outside normal ranges we need the scan reviewed by a Dr so currently waiting in the assessment unit. She also said the dr might want me to do the GTT again 😭😭 what is it going to find that the first two didn't!
How many weeks were you at the last one? My friend had to have GTT with both her pregnancies as they had big bellies but she was negative for both. I guess it’s good they’re being careful, hope you get a good result again.

I ended up going with a too full bladder and had to go for a wee to empty some of it. The sonographer was like "stop about two thirds of the way through" 😳
Easier said than done 😂

Me:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My friend had to have the GTT done three times during her pregnancy and passed every time, she just had a big baby (birth etc was all fine though!)

Reactions: 3
How many weeks were you at the last one? My friend had to have GTT with both her pregnancies as they had big bellies but she was negative for both. I guess it’s good they’re being careful, hope you get a good result again.
Thank you, have been sent home with a glucose monitor and follow up appointment next week. I did GTT at 16 and 28 weeks, currently 28+5. Almost tempted to live off chocolate for the next week to make sure it gives the result they seem to expect!

• Heart
Thanks for the replies on the whooping cough vaccine I emailed my GP surgery and they said to phone them to book the vaccination.

I forgot to do my Covid booster and my flu jab. I had flu last week it was bloody awful.

• Sad
Thank you, have been sent home with a glucose monitor and follow up appointment next week. I did GTT at 16 and 28 weeks, currently 28+5. Almost tempted to live off chocolate for the next week to make sure it gives the result they seem to expect!
Tbh, I don't think it would work anyway 😂
My cravings were peanut m&ms and was eating them by the kg.
But because the blood test is a fasting one, and pays attention to your levels in response to the drink, the chocolate wouldn't make a difference. So go ahead 😂

Honestly don’t, it’s not a fun diagnosis. If you’re given the all clear with this one I’d refuse any more tests.

Reactions: 4
Not sure if this is the right place to go, but may as well give a go. I’m worried I might b pregnant (don’t really want to be, sorry if insensitive:(im 18), don’t think it’s very likely but the irrational part of my brain is panicking. Picked up some tests to do in the morning, but am on a medication that I’ve read has the potential to cause false positive, although probably unlikely. I’m scared of this happening and not being able to tell if a potential positive is real or not and getting really stressed about it for no reason. Not sure whether to take the test or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not sure if this is the right place to go, but may as well give a go. I’m worried I might b pregnant (don’t really want to be, sorry if insensitive:(im 18), don’t think it’s very likely but the irrational part of my brain is panicking. Picked up some tests to do in the morning, but am on a medication that I’ve read has the potential to cause false positive, although probably unlikely. I’m scared of this happening and not being able to tell if a potential positive is real or not and getting really stressed about it for no reason. Not sure whether to take the test or not.
Take the test!! It's the only way to put your mind at rest. I had my girl at 16 so I can relate to the anxiety, remember you have options though! I hope you're OK x

Take the test!! It's the only way to put your mind at rest. I had my girl at 16 so I can relate to the anxiety, remember you have options though! I hope you're OK x
Thanks for your reply! Honestly think it’s unlikely based on dates and using contraception etc., but just had some worrying symptoms so idk what to think :(

Yes I would take the test(s) and see what happens. Have you got a support network of family/friends that you can speak to regardless of the outcome? I realise it is probably really daunting and quite scary but there is lots of support out there 🙂

if you are pregnant and do make the decision that you aren't ready yet, there is a termination thread on here too which may be helpful x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.