Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girls what ever ye do make sure you eat before getting epidural. I went over 24 hours with no food or sleep 🥴

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Girls what ever ye do make sure you eat before getting epidural. I went over 24 hours with no food or sleep 🥴
Second this, I also made this mistake (and the sleep too hahahaha)

I also threw up the post birth tea and toast that everyone raves about, I was gutted.

Reactions: 2
hello all, currently 4 weeks with my first and have moved across from the TTC thread after finally getting my BFP this week. Still very early and overthinking every twinge. Is a slight cramping feeling normal?

Also can anyone recommend any reputable pregnancy vitamins? I’ve heard not great things about pregnacare but there doesn’t seem to be any other options in the UK shops.
I’m currently just taking vitamins separately and have since starting TTC
Hi, I’m in a similar situation, having quite a lot of cramping etc. My doctor has told me it’s all normal etc. Just ligament growth. I’m 6+4 and been getting cramps on and off since the weekend of my missed period.

unrelated - Been today to endocrine because I have hypothyroidism. They’ve planned me in for a 9 week scan and brought my booking appointment forward. The consultant used the term ‘viability scan’ and hearing it put like that has sent my mind spiralling 😔 The next 3 weeks are going to feel so long.

I suffer horrendously with piles in pregnancy 😳🫣 and generally there is no concern over fresh red blood, it's normally just a small graze and will heal pretty quick. Obviously if it gets worse mention it to your midwife or GP.
There’s nothing I can feel on the outside maybe inside! Guarantee they’ll pop out when I give birth 🤣

Hi, I’m in a similar situation, having quite a lot of cramping etc. My doctor has told me it’s all normal etc. Just ligament growth. I’m 6+4 and been getting cramps on and off since the weekend of my missed period.

unrelated - Been today to endocrine because I have hypothyroidism. They’ve planned me in for a 9 week scan and brought my booking appointment forward. The consultant used the term ‘viability scan’ and hearing it put like that has sent my mind spiralling 😔 The next 3 weeks are going to feel so long.
Viability scan is literally just the name of the scans 😊
Even if you book one privately, they're called as viability scans 😊
It's good that you get one early though! Think of it that way

There’s nothing I can feel on the outside maybe inside! Guarantee they’ll pop out when I give birth 🤣
They'll probably be internal ones 😊

That’s why I love this thread! It’s like posting in the girls group chat 😂 so helpful thank you x

Thank you for the reassurance 💖💖 Been TTC for a year an half and I’m so worried something goes wrong… I know I need to chill because worrying won’t change anything but it’s just so hard. It’s got to the point that morning sickness is a relief 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’ll be lovely to get an early scan, I do need to think of it positively. Thank you again x

Reactions: 1
Sending you so much love 💕
I have body issues too, I have my whole life. I will say they’ve greatly diminished since having my daughter though. Seeing what our bodies are capable of, both through pregnancy, birth and postpartum, is quite an incredible thing to witness. It also becomes about more than you, if that makes sense? When they’re really little and you’re sleep deprived the last thing on your mind is calories and usually just about getting through, which I found was then easier to maintain. Also when your baby starts weaning is a really good time to introduce some different food habits like all eating together, serving balanced meals etc. honestly having a child, and seeing the world through their eyes (for me) what a game changer. I no longer saw my flaws because they don’t, they just see a super mum 💕
Thank you ❤ I’ve spent a lot of the day in tears which is silly and made me feel guilty but I just wanna be the best mum I can to her. And I don’t know why it’s affecting me more that she’s a girl, maybe because I am (obvs) and I’ll relate to what she’ll have to face, which is silly because boys can go through all this too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Last question for today I promise 😂 but is anyone else’s anxiety really bad? I guess I’ve always worried a tad about health and families health ect but over the last few days it’s been unbearable! Like I think ti myself what If baby has downs? What If a family member gets cancer just silly things like that!

Hello ☺
new to this thread at 5 weeks ❤
I’m not sure if reading this thread has made me feel better or worse🤣 my anxiety is through the roof!!!!!!
How does anyone wait for the NHS 12 week scan? I feel like I NEED to book a private scan just to make sure this is all real

every cramp I have convinces me I’m miscarrying

and today I completed my online self- referral but I have no idea if I’ve done it right ☹ My local trust of hospitals were listed for me to select for my antenatal care- I selected the next town over as that’s where I want to have my baby, but I’m happy to have my scans/appointments in the town where I live. Is that even possible? Or do they have to be where I want to give birth? Have I filled it in wrong? Am I ALREADY failing at this?😂

• Heart
Hello ☺
new to this thread at 5 weeks ❤
I’m not sure if reading this thread has made me feel better or worse🤣 my anxiety is through the roof!!!!!!
How does anyone wait for the NHS 12 week scan? I feel like I NEED to book a private scan just to make sure this is all real

every cramp I have convinces me I’m miscarrying

and today I completed my online self- referral but I have no idea if I’ve done it right ☹ My local trust of hospitals were listed for me to select for my antenatal care- I selected the next town over as that’s where I want to have my baby, but I’m happy to have my scans/appointments in the town where I live. Is that even possible? Or do they have to be where I want to give birth? Have I filled it in wrong? Am I ALREADY failing at this?😂
Congratulations! I was terrified for days my pregnancy was ectopic because I had sharp pains in one side but turns out that was the side I ovulated from.

I think location depends on your area/trust. Mine are all at the hospital I’ll give birth, but my friend who lives in the Midlands had her scan in a nearby town linked to the hospital, so think it just depends. You could ask at your first midwife appointment?

You’re not failing! Not gonna lie, being pregnant is terrifying 😂 but just take it one day at a time is my (unsolicited) advice and you’ll be fine :)

Last question for today I promise 😂 but is anyone else’s anxiety really bad? I guess I’ve always worried a tad about health and families health ect but over the last few days it’s been unbearable! Like I think ti myself what If baby has downs? What If a family member gets cancer just silly things like that!
Yep! I’ve had my worries about how I’ll be as a mum now I know I’m having a daughter, and literally any little thing sets me off worrying and crying. I was sat there sobbing over The Crown earlier because I realised “one day I’ll die and leave my daughter” 😭😭😭

• Heart
Woke up at 4.30 with my stomach rumbling ahead of my GTT at 9. Never been so excited at the prospect of some sugary orange squash!

• Heart
Is this the tablets you dissolve on your gums? If so I had no issues with it and it really helped! Ignore that, just checked and it was prochlorperazine
I got a prescription for procorperazine a couple of weeks ago but my pharmacist really put me off taking it!

I was given it in hospital, it made me hallucinate 😩
oh no! I feel so lost with what to take. Cyclizine has helped slightly but not enough to enable me to be able to go back to work.

Yes I’ve been feeling like this loads the last week. Even the thought of my partner getting sick / an incurable illness sends me into an absolute sobbing mess. And the thought comes from absolutely nowhere so it’s not like I’m watching sad stuff on purpose.
Sending love because anxiety like it is such a horrible feeling!

• Heart
Just had 28 week midwife appt, she measured my uterus and baby was miles above the line so she is referring me for an urgent scan to check everything is ok. I'm not super worried at the moment as both me and my husband were big babies (9lb+) but has anyone else had this?

Just had 28 week midwife appt, she measured my uterus and baby was miles above the line so she is referring me for an urgent scan to check everything is ok. I'm not super worried at the moment as both me and my husband were big babies (9lb+) but has anyone else had this?
I had the same but opposite way, my fundal measurement was below the 3rd centile, yet my previous 2 were born on 97th centile. I was sent for an urgent scan too and as it turns out they were on 90th centile on the scan.
The fundal measurements the midwife’s take at the appointment are never that accurate, but are used as indicators just in case. My midwife with #2 said she didn’t understand why they are still used as they are so inaccurate.
The scan measurements are slightly more accurate (but still not 100%). The urgent scan will be more as a precaution just to make sure everything okay.
It’s also a great opportunity to see your little one again :)
I hope everything goes well, and easier said then done but try not to worry :)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.