Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a similar worry.
I still worry about it now.
The best thing you can do regarding body issues, is read as much as you can about how to keep it all positive. Terms to use. Conversations around food and what not to say/do ect.

With being into stuff you won't relate to could happen with either gender 😊
But that's also okay.
Your kids will be their own people. You don't have to relate to it to be involved 😊
Thanks, I feel horrible for feeling like this. I am so happy but just worry. That being said, I have interests from both my parents and like stuff neither of them like, and I’m close with them, so don’t know why I worry about that stuff. It’s just not wanting to disappoint her.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks, I feel horrible for feeling like this. I am so happy but just worry. That being said, I have interests from both my parents and like stuff neither of them like, and I’m close with them, so don’t know why I worry about that stuff. It’s just not wanting to disappoint her.
I had zero interests in common with my Dad, but he was my best friend 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well today is hopefully induction day! 😬 How do I keep myself from going barmy while I wait for the hospital to call me?! 😂
Have a nice soak in the bath before you go! I French plaited my hair too as I knew I wouldn't be up to washing it after birth for a couple of days. Take plenty to do in the hospital because it can be a long process for some people. Hope it goes well ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The fact you’re worrying means you’re aware of it and that means you can do something about it. There’s lots of Instagram accounts about how to approach food and body image. I’ve struggled with an eating disorder and although I am “recovered” I still engaged in some behaviours. When I had my daughter I was so aware of her watching me I did my best to put a stop to them. Often there are things we can’t do for ourselves but we can for our children ❤

Reactions: 7
Have a nice soak in the bath before you go! I French plaited my hair too as I knew I wouldn't be up to washing it after birth for a couple of days. Take plenty to do in the hospital because it can be a long process for some people. Hope it goes well ❤
Ooh a bath is a good idea. I was going to jump in the shower but I do like a day bath, it feels indulgent 😂
I've got a few books on the Kindle and a crime puzzle book that I'm buzzing to get started on 😬

hello all, currently 4 weeks with my first and have moved across from the TTC thread after finally getting my BFP this week. Still very early and overthinking every twinge. Is a slight cramping feeling normal?

Also can anyone recommend any reputable pregnancy vitamins? I’ve heard not great things about pregnacare but there doesn’t seem to be any other options in the UK shops.
I’m currently just taking vitamins separately and have since starting TTC
Congratulations. I had lots of cramps in the first trimester, there’s lots of stretching in the uterus and the ligaments.
I used Together vitamins when I was pregnant with my first as they’re very gentle on your stomach. They’re quite pricey but they have benefits like folic acid in folate form and safe vitamin a.

Reactions: 1
Ok I maintain I don’t have gender disappointment but me disappointment :( I’ve been awake since 4am crying on and off that I’ll just disappoint my daughter. I don’t want her to have the same body issues I have, and I’m scared she’ll be into stuff I just won’t know how to relate to. I know that’s all ridiculous but I just have no confidence in myself.
I’ve been having kind of similar wobbles about having a little boy when it comes to relatability. I’m very stereotypically feminine but my mum said to me I’d probably have ended up with a girl who loves tractors and football anyway as karma for being so ridiculous 😂. I guess it doesn’t matter anyway, as much as I hate football and love fashion, if my little boy wants to play football on a Sunday morning at 8am in the freezing cold I’ll be there to cheer him on. If he wants to stay in with me and play with dollies even better 😂❤

Reactions: 2
For my fellow sickness sufferers - when was it at its worst and when did it get better?

I’m vomiting every day, mostly first thing in the morning. I had anti sickness tablets from the doctor and they helped reduce the frequency of it and allowed me to eat. It started as nausea and retching but became vomiting. But now I’m wondering is it the tablet that’s triggering my vomiting in the morning? How do I know when I don’t need it anymore? I’m not sure I can even remember what normal feels like.

Also I’m 9 weeks and now peeing myself sometimes when I’m sick 🙃 I really thought losing control of my bladder would come much later.

• Heart
Any good ideas for snacks that aren’t meat based (I’m veggie), don’t cost the earth and don’t require a lot of effort or brain power? I’m managing to make lunch and breakfast fine but just finding that I want a snack every few hours at work.
Egg bites! Full of protein and you can add all the veggies. Mix eggs and a little milk into a jug, spray some oil all over a muffin tray and add the mix, throw in your fave veggies maybe a lil cheese and Chuck in the oven for 20 mins at 200 😍

For my fellow sickness sufferers - when was it at its worst and when did it get better?

I’m vomiting every day, mostly first thing in the morning. I had anti sickness tablets from the doctor and they helped reduce the frequency of it and allowed me to eat. It started as nausea and retching but became vomiting. But now I’m wondering is it the tablet that’s triggering my vomiting in the morning? How do I know when I don’t need it anymore? I’m not sure I can even remember what normal feels like.

Also I’m 9 weeks and now peeing myself sometimes when I’m sick 🙃 I really thought losing control of my bladder would come much later.
I weed myself a bit when being sick in the late first/early second trimester - someone had posted on this thread about it the day before so it was less of a shock! 😅

I found that taking my tablets first thing in the morning (even after eating) started to give me heartburn when I was pregnant when it had been no problem for years, so I switched my schedule around (sertraline after lunch, vitamins after dinner, aspirin before bed).

Edit: sorry just realised you were probably asking about anti sickness tablets and not tablets in general!

27+2, literally sitting in my kitchen topless with ice packs on my boobs cos they are SO sore. Like first trimester sore! Who said pregnancy isn’t glamorous. 🙃

Egg bites! Full of protein and you can add all the veggies. Mix eggs and a little milk into a jug, spray some oil all over a muffin tray and add the mix, throw in your fave veggies maybe a lil cheese and Chuck in the oven for 20 mins at 200 😍
I should have said I try and avoid eggs where I can 🫠

I weed myself a bit when being sick in the late first/early second trimester - someone had posted on this thread about it the day before so it was less of a shock! 😅

I found that taking my tablets first thing in the morning (even after eating) started to give me heartburn when I was pregnant when it had been no problem for years, so I switched my schedule around (sertraline after lunch, vitamins after dinner, aspirin before bed).

Edit: sorry just realised you were probably asking about anti sickness tablets and not tablets in general!
Thank you so much! To be fair my vitamins make me sick too! Pregnancy is so glamorous isn’t it 😩

Hey hang in there, around week 9/10 was when my symptoms were the worst: they do start to ease after that. I am nearly 13 weeks now whilst I still get sickness it’s not as bad and have longer breaks in between where you feel more human, I was really struggling to drink any fluids at 9 weeks as it was either coming back up or would make me feel sick but that’s a lot better now. My taste is a bit more normal and I’m enjoying some foods now compared to trying to find something that didn’t make me sick ha I am told it should completely go by 16 weeks (if we’re lucky ha)

• Heart
Hey hang in there, around week 9/10 was when my symptoms were the worst: they do start to ease after that. I am nearly 13 weeks now whilst I still get sickness it’s not as bad and have longer breaks in between where you feel more human, I was really struggling to drink any fluids at 9 weeks as it was either coming back up or would make me feel sick but that’s a lot better now. My taste is a bit more normal and I’m enjoying some foods now compared to trying to find something that didn’t make me sick ha I am told it should completely go by 16 weeks (if we’re lucky ha)
Thanks so much. I hope you feel better soon and it goes completely for you. I don’t think I’ll ever eat a ginger biscuit again after this

• Heart
hello all, currently 4 weeks with my first and have moved across from the TTC thread after finally getting my BFP this week. Still very early and overthinking every twinge. Is a slight cramping feeling normal?

Also can anyone recommend any reputable pregnancy vitamins? I’ve heard not great things about pregnacare but there doesn’t seem to be any other options in the UK shops.
I’m currently just taking vitamins separately and have since starting TTC
I’ve used Seven Seas pregnancy multivitamins throughout both my pregnancies and have got on well with them 😊

I’m off sick today and I’ve been watching YouTube videos of positive birth stories and 2nd trimester videos which have been good… I know I’ve got plenty of time but thought I’d ask for mums who have already given birth, what’s the reason for picking epidurals or the reason for not having one? I was definitely having one but recently I’m thinking different

I’m off sick today and I’ve been watching YouTube videos of positive birth stories and 2nd trimester videos which have been good… I know I’ve got plenty of time but thought I’d ask for mums who have already given birth, what’s the reason for picking epidurals or the reason for not having one? I was definitely having one but recently I’m thinking different
When I was pregnant I was adamant I didn't want an epidural. I was induced and my labour wasn't going great, my heart rate was going into the 200s, I was contracting constantly and it was causing the baby to become distressed. I was strongly advised to take the epidural because my body wasn't reacting well to the induction. I'm so glad I did because it meant I could actually get some sleep and relax a bit, which was well needed during my 24 hour labour 😴

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.