Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m off sick today and I’ve been watching YouTube videos of positive birth stories and 2nd trimester videos which have been good… I know I’ve got plenty of time but thought I’d ask for mums who have already given birth, what’s the reason for picking epidurals or the reason for not having one? I was definitely having one but recently I’m thinking different
For me, I’ve wanted/had water births and so you’re limited on pain relief.
I’ve also found staying mobile has helped so much and so the whole catheter situation puts me off x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m off sick today and I’ve been watching YouTube videos of positive birth stories and 2nd trimester videos which have been good… I know I’ve got plenty of time but thought I’d ask for mums who have already given birth, what’s the reason for picking epidurals or the reason for not having one? I was definitely having one but recently I’m thinking different
I was induced with all 3 of mine. Didn't have the hormone drip with my first and didn't need an epidural but that hormone drip is something else 😂
I was so adamant I wouldnt have one as well.
They failed in both labour's though so 🙃😂 waste of time anyway 😂

I came to the conclusion of why feel pain when you don't need to 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
On the subject of epidurals, do you go completely numb or can you still feel something? And can you feel the catheter?😂 so many questions

On the subject of epidurals, do you go completely numb or can you still feel something? And can you feel the catheter?😂 so many questions
I could feel nothing from the waist down! I went from sobbing my way through contractions to chilling on tattle! Couldn’t feel the catheter

Reactions: 3
I’ve also found staying mobile has helped so much and so the whole catheter situation puts me off x
Ahh I didn’t know that about water births - I guess it makes sense as it’s a continuous pump? I’d quite like one but I’m not adverse to pain relief!

[
Completely numb, couldn't even feel the contractions. Although I had horrific cramps in my hip/side, I'd be moaning in pain and they'd constantly be asking if it was a contraction. No, it's bleeping cramp in my side 😂😂 I couldn only feel the catheter when the epidural wore off but I asked them to remove it straight away

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I want an epidural for the pain relief but the actual thought of it getting put in makes me gag. Does it feel horrible??😭

Ok I maintain I don’t have gender disappointment but me disappointment :( I’ve been awake since 4am crying on and off that I’ll just disappoint my daughter. I don’t want her to have the same body issues I have, and I’m scared she’ll be into stuff I just won’t know how to relate to. I know that’s all ridiculous but I just have no confidence in myself.
Sending you so much love 💕
I have body issues too, I have my whole life. I will say they’ve greatly diminished since having my daughter though. Seeing what our bodies are capable of, both through pregnancy, birth and postpartum, is quite an incredible thing to witness. It also becomes about more than you, if that makes sense? When they’re really little and you’re sleep deprived the last thing on your mind is calories and usually just about getting through, which I found was then easier to maintain. Also when your baby starts weaning is a really good time to introduce some different food habits like all eating together, serving balanced meals etc. honestly having a child, and seeing the world through their eyes (for me) what a game changer. I no longer saw my flaws because they don’t, they just see a super mum 💕
i would really like a water birth this time, please can you share what pain relief is limited? Is it just the epidural?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sending you so much love 💕
I have body issues too, I have my whole life. I will say they’ve greatly diminished since having my daughter though. Seeing what our bodies are capable of, both through pregnancy, birth and postpartum, is quite an incredible thing to witness. It also becomes about more than you, if that makes sense? When they’re really little and you’re sleep deprived the last thing on your mind is calories and usually just about getting through, which I found was then easier to maintain. Also when your baby starts weaning is a really good time to introduce some different food habits like all eating together, serving balanced meals etc. honestly having a child, and seeing the world through their eyes (for me) what a game changer. I no longer saw my flaws because they don’t, they just see a super mum 💕

i would really like a water birth this time, please can you share what pain relief is limited? Is it just the epidural?
No pethidine for 6 hours beforehand either. Pretty sure it's just gas and air and Paracetamol allowed.

28 weeks today and just remembered I'm meant to start my blood thinning injections, had completely forgotten!

Also got GTT followed by the midwife tomorrow and haven't done anything I said I would do at the last appt 😬

• Heart
Ahh I didn’t know that about water births - I guess it makes sense as it’s a continuous pump? I’d quite like one but I’m not adverse to pain relief!
What I didn’t realise is that I couldn’t get in until I was 8cm and so I had to do pretty much all labour just with gas and air. But, I know some areas let you in the pool before as my friend got in at 4/5cm!
So worth finding that but out… but highly recommend. Their obviously so big that you can move about a bit, float around and I just found it a distraction to my pain at that point! Lovely and warm too! X

TMI but went no2 and omg it was like pushing out a human! 🤣 but I’ve got blood every time I wipe now form the bum ( not a lot maybe like when you cut yourself shaving) and I still have bits now after an hour. Is that normal? Pregnancy is so bloody dignified no pun intended

TMI but went no2 and omg it was like pushing out a human! 🤣 but I’ve got blood every time I wipe now form the bum ( not a lot maybe like when you cut yourself shaving) and I still have bits now after an hour. Is that normal? Pregnancy is so bloody dignified no pun intended
Sounds like piles. If they’re small they should hopefully go away.

I suffer horrendously with piles in pregnancy 😳🫣 and generally there is no concern over fresh red blood, it's normally just a small graze and will heal pretty quick. Obviously if it gets worse mention it to your midwife or GP.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.