Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those with an anterior placenta, when did you first feel the baby move/kick? And what was it like?
18 weeks I had fluttery feelings though it took me until 19 to be sure what it was when they got more kick like. Which surprised me as it’s my first and I had a little bit of tummy fat so everything I read said around 20 weeks for a first and even longer if not a flat stomach pre pregnancy. I think the anterior placenta can make it felt sooner though.

I didn’t relate to the gas bubbles descriptions I’ve seen, to me it literally felt like something randomly moving in my stomach, just below my belly button. Something small but solid and not like any other feeling I’ve had in my stomach before. That was how I clicked what it was. Now between 20 and 22 weeks I get lots of jabs, rolling over feelings and even hiccups this morning 😄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
@Usernamecba @morsbar98 @TreeTrunksApplePie
If that’s the case then I think I’ve just felt her 😭😭😭
It was weird little fluttering, there was two one after another. Then a few more. But then I put my hand there and it stopped!!
Yep! That sounds about right! And it’s such a weird, slight feeling you keep second guessing what it is 😄 congratulations! How many weeks are you?

Those first flutters did set off a bout of 2nd trimester morning sickness for me though 🤢 but that is quite rare! I just got unlucky

• Heart
Those with an anterior placenta, when did you first feel the baby move/kick? And what was it like?
Literally the morning of my 20 weeks scan I was awake with anticipation and felt them! Was pretty cool

• Heart
Yep! That sounds about right! And it’s such a weird, slight feeling you keep second guessing what it is 😄 congratulations! How many weeks are you?

Those first flutters did set off a bout of 2nd trimester morning sickness for me though 🤢 but that is quite rare! I just got unlucky
18 weeks 2 days. (I’ll legit be foaming if my sickness comes back because that was hell on earth for 15 weeks😂)

I was around 15 weeks when I started feeling movements and 19 weeks when I could feel/see them on the outside. I feel like this is extremely early though, especially with me having an anterior placenta

• Heart
18 weeks 2 days. (I’ll legit be foaming if my sickness comes back because that was hell on earth for 15 weeks😂)
Oh I barely had any my first trimester so you’ll probably be fine. It was almost like karma for feeling so smug about my easy low symptom first trimester 🤣

• Heart
Any moms have any courses or books they recommend for like labour anxiety. Having a c section is my worse fear, just with recovery and pain and everything, baby is breech so it’s happening. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated

Reactions: 2
Any moms have any courses or books they recommend for like labour anxiety. Having a c section is my worse fear, just with recovery and pain and everything, baby is breech so it’s happening. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated
Not a book recommendation, but I will say if you go back through this thread and previous there’s a few people who have had c sections and they all seem to say, from what I’ve seen, what a nice calm experience it was. That definitely sets my mind at rest about it a lot x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ok guys, baby name opinion time please 😊 The 2 we are currently most set on for little boy treetrunks are Arthur or Archer (with an option to nickname him Archie). What do people think?

Arthur has a slightly better flow with our surname, but Archers a little more unusual. Both work and fit one of our primary name goals which is to give him a recognisable westernised/English speaking name, as both his surname and middle name will be from my partners country and we like the idea of mixed heritage ~ mixed name.
We literally put archie/Archer on our list this week too! We have a Louis (pronounced Lewis don’t get me started haha) and our other name option is Aidan which is part of my Irish heritage in a round about way

22 weeks it was my first so I can’t quite remember. I didn’t quite get that flutter feeling I did this time round with a posterior placenta. So was more like obvious prodding for lack of a better word 😂

Reactions: 4
Our beautiful baby girl arrived 2 weeks earlier than planned c section on Sunday morning, she didn’t want her mama enduring the heatwave pregnant… so instead is making her endure the hospital in a heatwave (horrendous!) A positive c-section birth, hormones though are another matter. She’s absolutely perfect in every way 🥰 I can’t believe she’s here x

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I had a planned c section on 7-7 due to breech position in the Netherlands & it was an amazing experience.
The days before were calm albeit a bit surreal knowing when she’d come, and the day of was very relaxed.
The actual operation was also extremely relaxed & calm. I was pretty terrified of the spinal block but that was hardly bad at all.
There were 8-10 people in the room with us and they talked to us the whole time. Took about 10-15 minutes to get her out and then she was put on my chest for breastfeeding. Then another 30 or so to close me up. All the while she was with me.
I felt no pain but did feel some light pressure and pulling. I could feel they were stitching me up but it was as if it was a far away feeling, again just some light pulling and pressure. I never once felt any pain.
Our baby was with us the whole time except for when they were cleaning her off and doing some of the immediate checks, like weight, but she was still always in the room with us.
We were also able to see her immediately after they pulled her out and that was such a magical moment. They pulled down the screen so we could look through a plastic screen to see her immediately.

We are planning on just one kid so vaginal was my preference but since she was so breech for the whole pregnancy we had to have a section. I don’t regret the choice for a second, though I think that’s down to the fact that it was planned rather than emergency.
I didn’t watch any videos beforehand since I knew that would freak me out, and I read a lot about what to expect.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We literally put archie/Archer on our list this week too! We have a Louis (pronounced Lewis don’t get me started haha) and our other name option is Aidan which is part of my Irish heritage in a round about way
Haha maybe it’s going to be the next popular name we’ve managed to predict 😂

I had a planned c section on 7-7 due to breech position in the Netherlands & it was an amazing experience.
The days before were calm albeit a bit surreal knowing when she’d come, and the day of was very relaxed.
The actual operation was also extremely relaxed & calm. I was pretty terrified of the spinal block but that was hardly bad at all.
There were 8-10 people in the room with us and they talked to us the whole time. Took about 10-15 minutes to get her out and then she was put on my chest for breastfeeding. Then another 30 or so to close me up. All the while she was with me.
I felt no pain but did feel some light pressure and pulling. I could feel they were stitching me up but it was as if it was a far away feeling, again just some light pulling and pressure. I never once felt any pain.
Our baby was with us the whole time except for when they were cleaning her off and doing some of the immediate checks, like weight, but she was still always in the room with us.
We were also able to see her immediately after they pulled her out and that was such a magical moment. They pulled down the screen so we could look through a plastic screen to see her immediately.

We are planning on just one kid so vaginal was my preference but since she was so breech for the whole pregnancy we had to have a section. I don’t regret the choice for a second, though I think that’s down to the fact that it was planned rather than emergency.
I didn’t watch any videos beforehand since I knew that would freak me out, and I read a lot about what to expect.
Thank you so so much! I’m definitely a worrier, mainly just not knowing what to expect. Thank you for sharing that, it’s really helped!❤

• Heart
Thanks all for your well wishes 😊 both babies are doing well... twin 2 has lost a bit too much weight, so we are on a feeding plan at present with every 2 day weigh ins... today being a weigh day🤞
Is there another thread for new babies?

Hope everyone is coping in this heat! X

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks all for your well wishes 😊 both babies are doing well... twin 2 has lost a bit too much weight, so we are on a feeding plan at present with every 2 day weigh ins... today being a weigh day🤞
Is there another thread for new babies?

Hope everyone is coping in this heat! X
There is, come on over and congratulations 😊

• Heart
9 weeks today :)

have not been sick at all until this morning 😭
I have a couple of hours before I need to leave for my scan and now I’m scared I’ll be sick when I’m out 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
9 weeks today :)

have not been sick at all until this morning 😭
I have a couple of hours before I need to leave for my scan and now I’m scared I’ll be sick when I’m out 😭
I’m 9+3 and feeling 🤢 apparently this week is peak hormones before the placenta takes over next week! Hope the scan goes well. 💕

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.