Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly same, I could only ever get to sleep on my back, now I’ve trained myself to fall asleep on my left side with my pregnancy pillow but I always wake up on my back with my pregnancy pillow across my stomach 😬 I could murder a steak this pregnancy as well, my first I was off it the whole time but every time I drive past miller and Carter I’m like 🤤
I’m the exact same! When I try to give the left a little break and sleep on my right for a bit it feels so abnormal and I can almost always guarantee I’ll end up on my back 😅 I had a Miller & Carter last weekend - got my steak medium/well done - it was complete sadness. My fiancé had a rare fillet as well and I was sitting like 🤤🤤🤤 at his every bite!! No more steak for me, it’s not worth the torture🤣

Reactions: 3
I’m the exact same! When I try to give the left a little break and sleep on my right for a bit it feels so abnormal and I can almost always guarantee I’ll end up on my back 😅 I had a Miller & Carter last weekend - got my steak medium/well done - it was complete sadness. My fiancé had a rare fillet as well and I was sitting like 🤤🤤🤤 at his every bite!! No more steak for me, it’s not worth the torture🤣
Haha my husband said to me, why don’t we just go and you can get yours cooked through? Whyyy would I do that to myself 😭 think I’ll be stopping there on the way home from hospital post birth haha!

Reactions: 4
my least favourite rule, I’m counting down the days until I can sleep on my back again 😅
Same! I didn't realise how much of a back sleeper I am. Even the pregnancy pillow doesn't keep me on my side, I just like being cocooned on both sides with it 😂

Reactions: 1
Called the GP and they got back to me within 30 minutes, really lovely and advised me to call the Early Pregnancy Advice service so I've done that but it was an answer phone and I've not heard back. The receptionist said call them and then something about appointments being arranged. The line went a bit dodgy so I couldn't quite hear who'd be doing that bit? Should I expect a letter in the post soon about scans etc. or do I have to wait for the EPAS to contact me? Is there a rough timeline of what I should be having and when?

Had a minor panic after the calls that maybe the tests were wrong and I'd turn up and they'd be all like wtf why are you here you're not pregnant 😐

RE the rules thing, I'm veggie/plant based so I'm quite happy with most of them, but the no soft cheeses is brutal and I hate it already. I bleeping love camembert. Annoyingly I am very much a tummy sleeper!

I am absolutely chaining water like it's going out of fashion, I'm so thirsty. And then I need to pee every five minutes. Joy. Can't wait for this to get better XD

Reactions: 2
Ok guys, baby name opinion time please 😊 The 2 we are currently most set on for little boy treetrunks are Arthur or Archer (with an option to nickname him Archie). What do people think?

Arthur has a slightly better flow with our surname, but Archers a little more unusual. Both work and fit one of our primary name goals which is to give him a recognisable westernised/English speaking name, as both his surname and middle name will be from my partners country and we like the idea of mixed heritage ~ mixed name.
I really like both, I think archer is lovely and can nn Archie and Arthur is just a great name with nn art, artie etc.

Called the GP and they got back to me within 30 minutes, really lovely and advised me to call the Early Pregnancy Advice service so I've done that but it was an answer phone and I've not heard back. The receptionist said call them and then something about appointments being arranged. The line went a bit dodgy so I couldn't quite hear who'd be doing that bit? Should I expect a letter in the post soon about scans etc. or do I have to wait for the EPAS to contact me? Is there a rough timeline of what I should be having and when?

Had a minor panic after the calls that maybe the tests were wrong and I'd turn up and they'd be all like wtf why are you here you're not pregnant 😐

RE the rules thing, I'm veggie/plant based so I'm quite happy with most of them, but the no soft cheeses is brutal and I hate it already. I bleeping love camembert. Annoyingly I am very much a tummy sleeper!

I am absolutely chaining water like it's going out of fashion, I'm so thirsty. And then I need to pee every five minutes. Joy. Can't wait for this to get better XD
I told my GP I was pregnant at an appointment about something else, she sent me a link to the online referral form to fill in. I did it on a weekend and got a call about booking my first appointment on the Monday or Tuesday.

Sorry but Archer reminds me of the spy cartoon character :/ Arthur would be my preference!
Haha is it terrible that that’s a plus for me as I like that show 😄 but also his first name was Sterling so I wouldn’t feel like we were naming him after him.

We got the idea from one of those lists of old English baby names

@TreeTrunksApplePie aw I love archer I’ve never heard it before
I think we have a winner ❤

• Heart
Haha is it terrible that that’s a plus for me as I like that show 😄 but also his first name was Sterling so I wouldn’t feel like we were naming him after him.

We got the idea from one of those lists of old English baby names

I think we have a winner ❤
I think tbh that makes it better! I always forget his first name is Sterling - I really like that name too :) sounds like you’ve definitely got a winner :) 🥰

• Heart
I don’t suppose anyone has bought and tried the Positive Birth Company’s pregnancy pack? They’re selling it for just £5 at the moment with the code HIGHFIVE so wondered if it was worth a punt, but I’m waiting for a decent offer on the birthing pack really!

Same! I didn't realise how much of a back sleeper I am. Even the pregnancy pillow doesn't keep me on my side, I just like being cocooned on both sides with it 😂
sometimes I lie in my big pregnancy pillow wondering if this is what a baby in a sleepyhead feels like 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

It's hard to say because every trust is different. With mine, you have to self refer online and then you get a call from the community midwife around 9 weeks to arrange your booking appointment between 9 and 11 weeks and then she books you in for your 12 week scan and then you recieve a letter with the date of the scan

What’s everyone’s top 3 names that they like? Mine are:
Wilder - Think this is the name I’m going with
Broden - boy name
Echo - girl name

all weird as you can tell 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Those with an anterior placenta, when did you first feel the baby move/kick? And what was it like?

I feel exactly the same about getting there and not actually being pregnant! I’ve done two tests which were obviously both positive and I’ve been nauseous all this week too so I’m sure I am but it doesn’t feel real 🙈 I’m in wales, I called the midwife direct for my booking in appointment the day I found out (last Tuesday!) and my appointment is Wednesday however I have covid so unless I’m negative by then I wont be able to go and will need to reschedule

• Heart
Those with an anterior placenta, when did you first feel the baby move/kick? And what was it like?
I first felt tiny flutters around 17-18 weeks I think. And then proper kicks around 21-22 weeks. Mostly around the sides and lower down.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.