Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i have an energy drink a day but as for everything else I do stick to it even though I feel like some is silly I’m like hmmm do I really want to risk it?🤣 currently laid in the bath paranoid that it’s to hot so I keep putting cold water in. Oh how I can’t wait until babys here and I can bloody chill 😂
Energy drinks are still within the caffeine limit anyway as long as its just 1 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1
There’s so many things like that, and thinking about it really eases my anxiety.

My Nan was diagnosed pints of Guinness for anaemia when she was pregnant with my dad, and he’s fit as a fiddle and in his 60s now! No one advised women to limit caffeine in the 80s/90s when most of us here were likely born, I was manic about caffeine in my first trimester, but my doctor friend ignored the limits (but just didn’t go mad) and has had 3 healthy pregnancies.

Different countries even have different recommendations. In france they can still eat pate and the cheeses we’re told not to.

I still stick to whatever guidelines the NHS currently gives, but I don’t panic about things I accidentally do anymore.
Totally agree! I’m American living in theNetherlands and the food guidelines are totally different in addition to how they do doctor’s visits. I never had my urine tested the whole pregnancy, and hardly had any tests other than basic bloods and genetic testing. I followed the Dutch food guidelines and it was basically eat whatever except the usual suspects: sushi, raw meats, soft eggs & cheeses, etc.
I stayed off caffeine and baths, though. I love a super hot bath and didn’t see the point in soaking in what I consider like warm water 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ok guys, baby name opinion time please 😊 The 2 we are currently most set on for little boy treetrunks are Arthur or Archer (with an option to nickname him Archie). What do people think?

Arthur has a slightly better flow with our surname, but Archers a little more unusual. Both work and fit one of our primary name goals which is to give him a recognisable westernised/English speaking name, as both his surname and middle name will be from my partners country and we like the idea of mixed heritage ~ mixed name.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ok guys, baby name opinion time please 😊 The 2 we are currently most set on for little boy treetrunks are Arthur or Archer (with an option to nickname him Archie). What do people think?

Arthur has a slightly better flow with our surname, but Archers a little more unusual. Both work and fit one of our primary name goals which is to give him a recognisable westernised/English speaking name, as both his surname and middle name will be from my partners country and we like the idea of mixed heritage ~ mixed name.
I think Archer is lovely. Not heard anyone else called that and a cute nickname too.

ooo Archer is lovely! Never heard it before x

I do wonder how many of these pregnancy rules we get so fixated on are actually true 😂 I have friends who didn’t even know about the whole hot bath thing and have perfectly healthy babies!
Agree with this. I worry when I wake up on my back but then think I'm being stupid because cavewomen probably weren't religiously sleeping on their left 😂

Agree with this. I worry when I wake up on my back but then think I'm being stupid because cavewomen probably weren't religiously sleeping on their left 😂
omg I didn’t know you couldn’t sleep on your back! O sleep on my back every night😂😂 oops!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
omg I didn’t know you couldn’t sleep on your back! O sleep on my back every night😂😂 oops!
Oh god, now I'm spreading the irrational behaviour! 🤣 I think it's just recommended the further on you get but my book says just to turn back over if you do wake up on your back.

Reactions: 4
Oh god, now I'm spreading the irrational behaviour! 🤣 I think it's just recommended the further on you get but my book says just to turn back over if you do wake up on your back.
right I’m going to have to buy a book I think because I don’t have a clue 😂 my poor baby will be coming out like ET because it’s mam doesn’t have a clue 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love sleeping on my back, I think at some point you just physically don’t manage anymore since it’s becomes so uncomfortable 🥴 Looking forward to not being pregnant anymore just to be able to sleep however I feel like haha

Just jumping in here as my toddler is Arthur and I just love it, we considered Archer for our third but decided it was too close to Arthur. I love Archer though, it's not common but not too out there and I love that you could shorten it to Archie. Gahhhh I love baby names

Absolutely love both, but I would go with Archer between those two as I’ve also never heard that before! I really liked Arthur and Archie but my husband wasn’t so keen on either but think we’ve decided on George now!

Absolutely love both, but I would go with Archer between those two as I’ve also never heard that before and I think Arthur could be the name of the little shite in a few years to come 😬 I really liked Arthur and Archie but my husband wasn’t so keen on either but think we’ve decided on George now!
Can confirm my Arthur is a tit... I jinxed myself I think :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My little one is called Wilder regardless on the gender. Gearing myself up for a lifetime of hate over it 🤣🤣

Can confirm my Arthur is a tit... I jinxed myself I think :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha oooops sorry I saw your post then tried to edit mine 😬 I do love the name but I just know of so many now with chavvy parents who let them run riot 😂 and I always imagine Billie Faeirs screaming ‘Arfurrr’ when I hear it hahaha that’s what put me off

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hahaha oooops sorry I saw your post then tried to edit mine 😬 I do love the name but I just know of so many now with chavvy parents who let them run riot 😂 and I always imagine Billie Faeirs screaming ‘Arfurrr’ when I hear it hahaha that’s what put me off
Hahah no don't be silly, we all have different tastes. I agree for what its worth :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
my least favourite rule, I’m counting down the days until I can sleep on my back again 😅

• Haha
my least favourite rule, I’m counting down the days until I can sleep on my back again 😅
Honestly same, I could only ever get to sleep on my back, now I’ve trained myself to fall asleep on my left side with my pregnancy pillow but I always wake up on my back with my pregnancy pillow across my stomach 😬 I could murder a steak this pregnancy as well, my first I was off it the whole time but every time I drive past miller and Carter I’m like 🤤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.