• 19-24 months

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I’m a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Still pregnant and reading ahead

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing the chat! Usually at antisocial hours of the day.

As per usual, I’ve forgotten who said the thread title this time - but it definitely sums up how I feel today 🥵

A guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Over the past two days Tommy has discovered his voice and won’t stop cooing, it’s the cutest thing in the world 😭😭😭 It’s making me want another baby and lord knows I’d sooner join Mansons cult than that happen

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Feeling some mum guilt today, because it’s hotter than the gates of hell I got the baby paddling pool out and sat baby T in it for 15 mins. He had suncream on, which MIL seems to be against because she thinks he will get scurvy 🤨, and when he got wet some of it must have ran into his eyes and now they are bright red and look sore. I got him out and got him straight into a cool bath to try to wash it all off but then some more must have got into his eyes and he was screaming 🥺 and do you think MIL is going to stop going on about it any time soon? Nope.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Feeling some mum guilt today, because it’s hotter than the gates of hell I got the baby paddling pool out and sat baby T in it for 15 mins. He had suncream on, which MIL seems to be against because she thinks he will get scurvy 🤨, and when he got wet some of it must have ran into his eyes and now they are bright red and look sore. I got him out and got him straight into a cool bath to try to wash it all off but then some more must have got into his eyes and he was screaming 🥺 and do you think MIL is going to stop going on about it any time soon? Nope.
Yeah, but your MIL is a well known twatmuffin (whoever came up with that in the last thread 👌🏻) so ignore her. Imagine being against sun cream, the mind actually boggles.

Reactions: 6
better to get sun cream in his eyes and have a few minutes of being uncomfortable than get sunburn and potentially end up in hospital (worst resort but possible - I did when I was 4/5 and on my first holiday abroad) or in a lot of pain over a good few days. duck your MIL. He’s your baby and you’re doing your best by him

Reactions: 7
I think this is the last 4-6 month bracket I will be clicking 😭💔

@Be kond - my in-laws never slept in the same bed, but that was only because they separated and mr b convinced his mum to let his dad move back in when he was younger and that’s they was it was until fil passed away
I couldn’t imagine not sleeping in the same bed as mr b. I hate it when he’s not here

Reactions: 5
My mum also doesn’t believe in suncream, thinks it stops you absorbing vitamin d so often slathered us kids in factor 4?! when we went on holiday to Spain as kids. Honestly, the mind boggles.

She also had some blood tests recently and it came back that she was deficient in Vit D and she was very perplexed given her lack of SPF. I did point out you were actually meant to take a supplement… not just rely on being frazzled.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
@orange club biscuit BabyMe had conjunctivitis last week, his eyes were awful. I found breastmilk helped “de-gum” his eyes when he woke up in the morning better than water. I dropped some on, and left it and it seemed to unglue him well. Ours was viral conj. so it went away on its own thankfully, as getting drops or the gel on them can be tricky! Hope it clears quickly as it’s not nice seeing all the gunk!

Reactions: 2
Hi :)

I’ve been shamefully lurking on this thread since my daughter was born 5 weeks ago and thought it was time I actually said something. Reading your ladies conversations have made me feel less alone as I’ve been finding it so tough! You’re all hilarious as well and I’ve laughed out loud so many times haha

I can’t believe no one tells you that babies may not like their cot! I feel like such a failure that she won’t sleep in it :( her eyes ping open every time I put her down!

Crazy talk about sun cream- I’m terrified if the sun touches babies face through a window 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My mum also doesn’t believe in suncream, thinks it stops you absorbing vitamin d so often slathered us kids in factor 4?! when we went on holiday to Spain as kids. Honestly, the mind boggles.

She also had some blood tests recently and it came back that she was deficient in Vit D and she was very perplexed given her lack of SPF. I did point out you were actually meant to take a supplement… not just rely on being frazzled.
My Mum is another that doesn't believe in suncream.
She's 57. Was there something during those years about suncream or something?
She's had warning about moles and stuff because she's had to go in to get a few checked but she still doesn't listen and as soon as the sun is shining, she's out in the garden sunbathing

Reactions: 3
This heat can do one. Little ones room is 27 degrees. She’s whiney AF
Won’t eat, didn’t sleep well at all last night, she’s itchy, I’m too hot myself to even handle this. I love winter
There I said it. I like it coldddd 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah, but your MIL is a well known twatmuffin (whoever came up with that in the last thread 👌🏻) so ignore her. Imagine being against sun cream, the mind actually boggles.
Thank you *tips hat*!
My toddler seems to have gone from chaotic neutral (occasionally chaotic good) to chaotic evil today and I am not here for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Soooooo after spending the last two days rolling about like a lunatic, we’ve finally reached the ‘stomach sleeping’ stage. Popped her in bed, went for a wee and when I checked the monitor she was on her front 😵💫

I never understood the fear you guys always talked about but lord Jesus I get it. My first instinct was to roll her over but it’ll wake her up. I’ve peeked in on her and she’s breathing - luckily she turned her head to face the camera 😐

Is this my life now? I don’t like it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hi :)

I’ve been shamefully lurking on this thread since my daughter was born 5 weeks ago and thought it was time I actually said something. Reading your ladies conversations have made me feel less alone as I’ve been finding it so tough! You’re all hilarious as well and I’ve laughed out loud so many times haha

I can’t believe no one tells you that babies may not like their cot! I feel like such a failure that she won’t sleep in it :( her eyes ping open every time I put her down!

Crazy talk about sun cream- I’m terrified if the sun touches babies face through a window 🙈
Welcome and congrats on baby dreamer!!
It’s bloody tough to begin with and it’s ok to say it or not even enjoy it!
You’re never alone here and it’s a great thread! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Soooooo after spending the last two days rolling about like a lunatic, we’ve finally reached the ‘stomach sleeping’ stage. Popped her in bed, went for a wee and when I checked the monitor she was on her front 😵💫

I never understood the fear you guys always talked about but lord Jesus I get it. My first instinct was to roll her over but it’ll wake her up. I’ve peeked in on her and she’s breathing - luckily she turned her head to face the camera 😐

Is this my life now? I don’t like it 😂
3 kids and I still go through a week or 2 of waking up checking them constantly 😂
After that it's like eh, they're asleep, they'll move if they can't breathe 😂

Reactions: 1
I honestly feel like a sweaty beanbag when little pidge is there with her boobs out sprawled on me.

This heat can do one. Little ones room is 27 degrees. She’s whiney AF
Won’t eat, didn’t sleep well at all last night, she’s itchy, I’m too hot myself to even handle this. I love winter
There I said it. I like it coldddd 😂😂
I loveeeeeee winter, I look better in the dark 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
3 kids and I still go through a week or 2 of waking up checking them constantly 😂
After that it's like eh, they're asleep, they'll move if they can't breathe 😂
The only trouble is that she hates rolling back to front so if she wants to change position in the night I imagine I’ll get getting a wake up call 🙃

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.