Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi ladies starting to look at the bigger purchases now and wondering what you are all using for baby to sleep in during the day downstairs? I was thinking a Moses basket but they grow out of them fast I’ve heard? Stuck on what’s best we’re going to have a next to me for upstairs
We’ve got a second hand Moses basket from a friend for this very reason (bought a new mattress and sheets).

Reactions: 1
Had another sweep today which hasn't been classed as failed so fingers crossed. Now 1cm dilated and she could feel baby's head! Apparently baby is really low so she's surprised it's not more than 1cm? I had weird cramps on Saturday after my failed sweep on Friday, so I assume that might have been the 1cm. Got to wait and see if anything happens in the next 24/48 hours.

After having today's sweep, I can confirm if it is definitely painful and uncomfortable. Fridays wasn't painful yet I bled, today's was painful but I've not bled. 🧐

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Had another sweep today which hasn't been classed as failed so fingers crossed. Now 1cm dilated and she could feel baby's head! Apparently baby is really low so she's surprised it's not more than 1cm? I had weird cramps on Saturday after my failed sweep on Friday, so I assume that might have been the 1cm. Got to wait and see if anything happens in the next 24/48 hours.

After having today's sweep, I can confirm if it is definitely painful and uncomfortable. Fridays wasn't painful yet I bled, today's was painful but I've not bled. 🧐
Eeeek how exciting! ❤❤❤

• Heart
I’m positive I’ve got thrush, whilst I’ve got covid so that’s just delightful 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 but Google says to speak to my GP or midwife before I use anything? Can I not just use the canestan stuff? x

I’m positive I’ve got thrush, whilst I’ve got covid so that’s just delightful 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 but Google says to speak to my GP or midwife before I use anything? Can I not just use the canestan stuff? x
I have used the canestan cream. It says cream is safe to use but speak to GP.... 🤷🏼‍♀️ To be honest, I felt like using it once cleared it up quickly, rather than leaving it untreated waiting to see my GP!

I had thrush and it was such a pain! I went into the chemist on a Sunday and asked for canestan and they said because I was pregnant I had to call 111. 5 hours in tears I finally got a prescription for bloody canestan - cream and pessary! Wish I hadn’t been so honest in the chemist and not bothered telling them I was pregnant. Defo safe to use but the packaging says otherwise just to cover their back. You can’t take the oral treatment x

the fatigue with this pregnancy is a joke. I didn’t have anything like this on my first pregnancy. I’m so tired. I feel so sorry for my little girl, she keeps asking me to play with her and get her things and I just want to be asleep in the corner. Been an actual snooze fest, feel so drowsy 😴

sorry Moan over 🤣 I’m only 5 weeks and this was a very surprise pregnancy 😬
Weirdly I've had much less fatigue second time around! (So far anyway, only 6 weeks). I'm surprised that's something that can vary so much!

Hiya!
I'm still hanging in there! Almost full term this week with the twins... I never even got to full term with my singleton 😄 fully expected 24-35 weekers to be honest!
I'm in the south west and they seem to be really sparse! Thanks for the advice though... will keep hunting other twin mums hehe.
I did join the twin support fb page though which has been handy!
How many weeks were yours born? Every night I go to bed I'm so paranoid that my waters break and I go into labour 😄

Thanks for checking in xx
Mine were born at 36+6. I was prepared from week 28 and everyone said they would be early 😅. But they didn’t want to come out.
I did loose my mucus plug the week before the section so always wonder if I’d left it when I would have gone into labour!

Mummies of multiples on fb is another good one if you aren’t already a member x

• Heart
I had thrush and it was such a pain! I went into the chemist on a Sunday and asked for canestan and they said because I was pregnant I had to call 111. 5 hours in tears I finally got a prescription for bloody canestan - cream and pessary! Wish I hadn’t been so honest in the chemist and not bothered telling them I was pregnant. Defo safe to use but the packaging says otherwise just to cover their back. You can’t take the oral treatment x
I’ve found the chemist so bloody useless in pregnancy. Twice now I’ve asked them what I can use during pregnancy for cold and hay fever symptoms and been flat out told nothing only to find out (via here then NHS website) that’s not true.

• Heart
I fell down the stairs yesterday 😫 baby is absolutely fine though went to MAU to be checked. I’m so sore, the doctors given me codeine

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Glad you and baby are okay @Blair-Waldorf!! I fell at 13 weeks I think and it really shook me up!

I've just remembered, anyone near the end of their pregnancy, if your mucus plug/show appears it doesn't necessarily mean labour is near! I lost mine at 37 weeks I think and the midwife told me that it regenerates. I was a bit 🤔 but I've just had more chunks of it now so it must've done! Don't know it anyone knew that or if I'm just late to the knowledge party.🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Glad you and baby are okay @Blair-Waldorf!! I fell at 13 weeks I think and it really shook me up!

I've just remembered, anyone near the end of their pregnancy, if your mucus plug/show appears it doesn't necessarily mean labour is near! I lost mine at 37 weeks I think and the midwife told me that it regenerates. I was a bit 🤔 but I've just had more chunks of it now so it must've done! Don't know it anyone knew that or if I'm just late to the knowledge party.🤣
The main thing to look for is the "bloody show" usually means labour is near. Rather than the mucus plug as like you say, it regenerates

Having to go to my maternity unit this morning with reduced movement they say I’m too early to go on monitor as I’m 23 weeks so all they’ll do is listen in… I’ve had such a bad night up most of it worrying trying to get him to move

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I fell down the stairs yesterday 😫 baby is absolutely fine though went to MAU to be checked. I’m so sore, the doctors given me codeine
Oh my gosh! I'm glad you are ok. This is my current fear as some days I feel so unsteady and huge on my feet.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow - hopefully my last! Well I at the very least hope to learn what a plan for me might be as i'm 38 weeks on Friday.

• Heart
Having to go to my maternity unit this morning with reduced movement they say I’m too early to go on monitor as I’m 23 weeks so all they’ll do is listen in… I’ve had such a bad night up most of it worrying trying to get him to move
Good luck I hope everything is ok. I think at that stage they can move around to a different position and change how much you can feel them. But you know your body and baby so best to get checked x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve found the chemist so bloody useless in pregnancy. Twice now I’ve asked them what I can use during pregnancy for cold and hay fever symptoms and been flat out told nothing only to find out (via here then NHS website) that’s not true.
That’s exactly it! NHS website somewhere says you can use thrush cream and 3 girls ganged up on me in the pharmacy arms folded whilst I’m in tears in front of other members of the public and said no with a smirk! 😤 it’s as if you’ve to suffer on top of all the other day to day pregnancy symptoms! Bizarre inconsistencies across the NHS! Would also save GPs and hospitals so much time if pharmacists were more competent wouldn’t it? X

Glad baby is okay! Hope the pain eases up for you soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
All is okay thankfully, feel so stupid I burst into tears when she put the doppler on hate feeling like I’m wasting their time but she said to phone whenever anyway just glad he’s okay, going to try and get a sleep now didn’t sleep at all last night!

Hope all you lovely ladies are okay 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t suppose anyone can offer any reassurance about having a fever/high temperature in the first trimester? :( my Covid got worse over the weekend and I had a high temperature Sunday night while I was in bed. Cos I was half asleep and feeling feverish I stupidly didn’t think to get up and take some paracetamol, and now feeling really anxious as I’m only 6 weeks pregnant - worried I might have caused a birth defect by getting too hot 😔

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.