Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are people’s thoughts on manicures while pregnant? From what I’ve read it seems like normal polish is better than gel due to having to soak gel nails in acetone for removal…
Oh crap really?! I get BIAB gel nails done every 5 weeks. Just a manicure but didn’t think anything of it. They literally have my nails wrapped in foil for about 2 mins before the gel scrapes off so not sitting for prolonged periods of time in acetone x

Reactions: 1
What are people’s thoughts on manicures while pregnant? From what I’ve read it seems like normal polish is better than gel due to having to soak gel nails in acetone for removal…
tit I didn’t even think of this! I’ve got acrylics booked for next week but I always take them off myself without acetone x

Oh crap really?! I get BIAB gel nails done every 5 weeks. Just a manicure but didn’t think anything of it. They literally have my nails wrapped in foil for about 2 mins before the gel scrapes off so not sitting for prolonged periods of time in acetone x
I think as long as you don’t have extended exposure to acetone and you’re not having them done in an enclosed environment because of fumes, you should be fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think as long as you don’t have extended exposure to acetone and you’re not having them done in an enclosed environment because of fumes, you should be fine.
Oh good point! The place I go only do really good quality gel manicures so no major fumes and generally the front door is open🤗

Sorry didn’t mean to freak anyone out! Gel nails are still meant to be okay but from what I’ve read normal polish manicures are meant to be slightly preferable. I’m torn though cos I know a gel manicure will last so much better and I rarely get them done so feel like a one off might not matter. But then I’m only six weeks along, so early in baby’s development, so wonder if I should just err on the side of caution.

• Heart
I’m another one that keeps getting headaches in pregnancy 😩 They are really minor though but I keep getting them constantly. I’ve always suffered from them tho pre pregnancy. I’m 20 +1.

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow and I’m so anxious and worried! What’s the chances of there something being wrong?
Good luck it’s normal to be anxious x

Meeee!
11 days until C section! 👋
How are you getting on? I remeber how gruelling they last few weeks of twin pregnancy are ❤
I meant to pop back to this thread sooner. Not sure if you’ve already looked this up but I would really recommend looking up to see if there is a twins/multiples club in your area. My local one has been a saviour! Best of luck for your c section!

And good luck to everyone else due soon 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How are you getting on? I remeber how gruelling they last few weeks of twin pregnancy are ❤
I meant to pop back to this thread sooner. Not sure if you’ve already looked this up but I would really recommend looking up to see if there is a twins/multiples club in your area. My local one has been a saviour! Best of luck for your c section!

And good luck to everyone else due soon 😊
Hiya!
I'm still hanging in there! Almost full term this week with the twins... I never even got to full term with my singleton 😄 fully expected 24-35 weekers to be honest!
I'm in the south west and they seem to be really sparse! Thanks for the advice though... will keep hunting other twin mums hehe.
I did join the twin support fb page though which has been handy!
How many weeks were yours born? Every night I go to bed I'm so paranoid that my waters break and I go into labour 😄

Thanks for checking in xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone have thoughts on getting a private scan? My first scan isn't until 1 August which feels ages away and I really want to know what's going on in there! However if it was bad news I would probably want to be at an NHS hospital, they were so kind last time. Really unsure.

Does anyone have thoughts on getting a private scan? My first scan isn't until 1 August which feels ages away and I really want to know what's going on in there! However if it was bad news I would probably want to be at an NHS hospital, they were so kind last time. Really unsure.
My first pregnancy I had a private scan where they picked up an issue, I was referred to early pregnancy unit and seen the next day. They have connections to be able to do that!
But I’d highly recommend private scans for reassurance x

Reactions: 3
I’ve had 3 private scans 8 weeks, 10 weeks & 17 weeks and have a 4D booked for 30 weeks (I’m 20 weeks on Tuesday). They were so reassuring and I’m a big advocate for them if you let your worry consume you like I did. I found out I was pregnant 9DPO so very early and felt the wait for the 12 week scan was soo long and the gap between the 12 week and 20 week also long. I have however always went in with the mindset that if anything was wrong I’d rather know and I always could call my midwife/EPU/Triage to go get seen by the NHS I’m sure they’d recommend you do that. The sonographers at my private scans have all been so so lovely & it’s more personal and as much as the sonographers at the hospital scans have been nice, the private places are less straight faced than the NHS sonographers I’ve found x

Reactions: 5
I wasn’t going to but decided I didn’t want to wait until 12w, if something was going to be wrong I’d rather know sooner. It’s still not for another 13 days yet and will be 8w 4d then which I think would be a good time to see something in the scan - if everything is okay.

I booked one privately but while looking around I noticed you could also pay for one at my nearest hospitals epu. Maybe that’s an option for you?

I do feel a bit more relaxed knowing it’s not too much longer before I know if things are okay :)

Reactions: 3
I had one at 6 weeks and one at 9 weeks and felt so assured by both!

Had BIAB nails all through my pregnancy. No problems at all. 🤷🏼‍♀️Even have a Peter rabbit design on now ready for baby's arrival!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks all for the advice on private scans, turns out there is a place really near us so will look into it further

For the early scans, did you have an internal scan or a tummy scan?
Internal - i had only found out about internal scans a couple of weeks before, so I was prepared. Otherwise I would have expected an external scan and had a bit of a shock!

I had private scans at 6, 8, 10 , 16 and 28 weeks and I would do them all again! ❤ 6 and 8 were internal for me and then 10 they managed to do externally

Thinking of all those of you due very soon… I know how tough those last few weeks/days are!!!! Can’t wait to hear all of your baby news 🤍🤍🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.