Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi ladies starting to look at the bigger purchases now and wondering what you are all using for baby to sleep in during the day downstairs? I was thinking a Moses basket but they grow out of them fast I’ve heard? Stuck on what’s best we’re going to have a next to me for upstairs

My dreams since being pregnant just aren’t the one. Covid might not be helping either but I’ve just woke up from one where I found out my husband had been cheating for 2 years and basically had another life I knew nothing about, it ended with me finding pictures of them together and a spare phone.. now I’m wide awake trying not to be upset about a stupid dream & trying not to wake him up and kick off about what he did in that stupid dream 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi ladies starting to look at the bigger purchases now and wondering what you are all using for baby to sleep in during the day downstairs? I was thinking a Moses basket but they grow out of them fast I’ve heard? Stuck on what’s best we’re going to have a next to me for upstairs
I bought the snuzpod next to me crib for this reason as the crib can be removed just like a moses basket. Not too heavy either and although the crib then sits on the floor it rocks too.

The pram we bought also has a sleep safe bassinet so we might use that too.

I bought the snuzpod next to me crib for this reason as the crib can be removed just like a moses basket. Not too heavy either and although the crib then sits on the floor it rocks too.

The pram we bought also has a sleep safe bassinet so we might use that too.
This is what we did too. Mainly used the pram bassinet as it was a bit easier/smaller for moving around

We've always used the pram inside 😊

I’m in NL and customs are a bit different here 🤣. We bought what they call a “box” which is basically a smaller crib and will have that downstairs. I really don’t want to be carrying her up and down the stairs for naps etc so this was a better solution. You could also do a camping bed / pack n play. The plan is that she’ll have the box / crib for a few years to play in I can keep her contained while making dinner etc.

We’re planning on 1 kid so we’ve bought a lot of things that can be used for multiple years / uses. I liked the idea of a Moses basket but they aren’t in there for that long.

Reactions: 1
11 weeks today! Currently still feeling sick, no appetite, when I do eat I can’t manage a lot, emotional, the odd cramp, sore boobs. Anyone else?😂

11 weeks today! Currently still feeling sick, no appetite, when I do eat I can’t manage a lot, emotional, the odd cramp, sore boobs. Anyone else?😂
I'm only 6 weeks and feeling so unwell, sick, dizzy, exhausted. I've cried all weekend because I'm so hormonal. Fun times 😂

• Heart
I'm only 6 weeks and feeling so unwell, sick, dizzy, exhausted. I've cried all weekend because I'm so hormonal. Fun times 😂
I’ll be 7w tomorrow but from when I found out until around 5 weeks Id just sometimes randomly start crying 😂

Since 6w til now, I mostly just feel tired, I’m often fast asleep by 11pm and need a 2h nap in the middle of the day 🙃
Before being pregnant I used to struggle to get to sleep so much. I even sleep through my cats night time antics now. 😁

Only other thing I’m noticing is how my appetite comes and goes, some days I could eat everything and not want to stop and others I just feel constantly full (even near meal times). I get sick feelings here and there but haven’t been sick yet, the feeling just passes.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Did any of you experience painful cramping early on? Think I’m about 6+4 and getting what feels like “period pain” most days, it’s so bad just now it’s woken me up. This is my fourth pregnancy but never had a good outcome, and I didn’t have this with the rest. Trying to be optimistic and hoping this is a good sign that this one is the one that will be ok, but I’m also on progesterone so worried it’s my body trying to push something out but the progesterone is masking it. Got a scan on Thursday but terrified it’ll be bad news like all the previous pregnancies.
I’m 5w I’ve had cramps every single day since my period was due.

Hoping for the very best for you - think positive 🤞

• Heart
What the hell is happening. 20 weeks today and I’ve been struggling with strong food aversions the last few days. Can’t stand the smell or even thought of fish, meat, alcohol, cheese. And since last night I’ve had the worst nausea and vomiting. I managed to get through the first trimester with almost no nausea. I’m so confused.

Also we’re on holiday in Turkey, I need to get a 4 hour flight and long drive home tomorrow. Does anyone who is more of a veteran at pregnancy nausea/vomiting have any tips? I’m super anxious about it now.

What the hell is happening. 20 weeks today and I’ve been struggling with strong food aversions the last few days. Can’t stand the smell or even thought of fish, meat, alcohol, cheese. And since last night I’ve had the worst nausea and vomiting. I managed to get through the first trimester with almost no nausea. I’m so confused.

Also we’re on holiday in Turkey, I need to get a 4 hour flight and long drive home tomorrow. Does anyone who is more of a veteran at pregnancy nausea/vomiting have any tips? I’m super anxious about it now.
Have you tried ginger… if you can get ginger biscuits out there then they are good to nibble on and settle your nausea - or try ginger tea which will also help. That’s all I have!!!

See if you can get some travel sickness bands in the airport. They didn't kill my nausea completely, but they made it more bearable and made eating easier. Look online for where to position them properly.

See if you can get some travel sickness bands in the airport. They didn't kill my nausea completely, but they made it more bearable and made eating easier. Look online for where to position them properly.
I second the travel sickness bands, as DiscoBiscuit said, they won’t cure you, but they made me feel slightly better. I hope your travels go ok x

• Heart
Just had my 20 week scan today. Everything is ok which is a relief. It took ages though as baby was refusing to move so she couldn’t do one final check and find out the sex. She was making me do everything to make baby move 😂

We got there in the end and I’m having a boy 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 27
10 days until my due date and massively fed up 🤣!!

I was in pain last night trying to turn to get comfy in bed like I wanted to cry and my boyfriend was snoring and farting I honestly wish I could’ve accidentally smacked him 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

I’ve been trying to stimulate my nips today 😂 I’ve also just got some clary sage oil on Amazon prime so I’ll be using that tomorrow 😂 I know I’ve still got 10 days but I don’t know how long I can actually go with the back ache and just over all pain I’m in now ☹ One meal a day and I’m sooo full and sick, full of acid it’s rank

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Have you tried ginger… if you can get ginger biscuits out there then they are good to nibble on and settle your nausea - or try ginger tea which will also help. That’s all I have!!!
Thank you. Ginger stuff is really hard to get hold of out here. Going to look for mints etc. I’ve not been able to leave my hotel room today and can’t keep water down so super nervous about travelling 😥

Thank you! I will keep an eye out for these. Not tried them before but so sick today and no idea how I’ll make it tomorrow if still like this so anything’s worth a try x

Me ✋ I've had severe asthma since being a small child. I'm on a fair whack of medication for it to keep it under control and I'm also under a respiratory consultant and respiratory nurse. They have told me being pregnant can either make your asthma worse (as in your case), make your asthma better to the point it doesn't effect you or have no change to your asthma. However if it's any consolation, from the leaflets they gave me, apparently there's a hormone that kicks in while you are in labour to ensure you don't have an asthma attack while giving birth- I thought that was pretty cool!

The time of year probably isn't helping you if you find pollen etc a trigger either. I'd recommend making an appointment to see your GP nurse and just ask for an asthma review if you can? She might check your peak flows and make a plan for you from there. I know you probably don't want to use inhalers after such a long time but I'd rather have a reliever on hand just in case lovely.
Just to add to this - I don't have asthma (as far as I know anyway after getting checked 4/5 years ago) and I'm the same with the coughing at the moment. I'm 32 weeks and it always starts around lunch/mid afternoon. I think mine is caused by pollen, and is weirdly set off once I eat (I'm talking a single chip and I start for the afternoon/evening). I've taken covid tests but I've not got it. I think everyone around me thinks I probably have though.

Did anyone in the first trimester get recurring nose bleeds?! I’ve had so many the past few days, unsure if it’s because I have covid and have a blocked nose or a pregnancy symptom?
Yup, every few days I'd wake up with one. Now it's about once a week

I’ve just had my 38 weeks appt and they’re sending me for a growth scan! They’ve said it’s dropped on the chart when they measured my bump - how can it drop?! 😩
I know I’ll get to see him but still a bit of a scare isn’t it
Sorry I know this is a few days old now, but this was me on Friday.

Midwife #1 (who was my temporary midwife) measured me on the 50th centile at 28 weeks. Midwife #2 measured me on the 25th centile at 31 weeks. I was sent to hospital for a growth scan and they actually think he's just above the 10th centile, which is just over the cut off for a "small baby" apparently. They want me back again in 3 weeks to rescan but I'm terrified now. So unfortunately I don't have an outcome to share, but I'm right with you with the worry.

Same, 8weeks here and the gassiness is just insane. I have heard about people going to hospital because they thought something was wrong and it just being gas, and I thought it was nonsense but now I understand!! I will never judge anyone again!
With my daughter I went to hospital at 7 weeks thinking I was having an ectopic. Midwife had a feel on my stomach and told me I was just very constipated 😳

I don't think anyone should be judged. Whether they're on benefits or not. It doesn't affect anyone else so it doesn't matter imo.
Situations change.
You can have a good paying jobs, fall pregnant and suddenly lose that job and end up on benefits.
The people that judge don't know everyone's exact situation.
Nobody should be judging at all.
Just because you claim benefits, doesn't mean you choose not to work.
Majority of people on benefits either work and claim too or are, unable to work.

They should be able to have children too
I thought I'd add my personal situation to this.

Prior to having my daughter I worked a full time office job, for an awful company who I'd see mistreat a lot of women with young babies just starting back at work. I decided I wouldn't return, plus we moved across town during my maternity leave I don't drive. I only made 20K before tax there (I'm near London) and my husband a bit more than me. If I had returned to work I'd be setting myself up for a 40 minute walk each way every day and with childcare costs being sky high I'd essentially had pennies left over after paying for childcare.

Sure I could have got another job. We have an housing assistance home and claim universal credit. But we planned start trying for this baby when my daughter was almost 2 (miscarriage has made the age gap bigger now) which meant I'd get a new job, get settled and then leave again.

My husband has recently had a well deserved promotion and pay rise and is making double what he was when we both worked. The universal credit has dropped down to something like £15 a week. Next pay review we will likely be off it. Therefore in my eyes we do well enough for me to continue as a SAHM until this little one I'm pregnant with is in nursery/reception, when I'll get myself a part time job.

There is a lot of stigma around SAHM and benefits, but I think a lot of the time people don't realise that actually these mum's are doing what is best for their family financially. If that means claiming universal credit and someone doesn't like that, then take it up with the government for making the system that way.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Just to add to this - I don't have asthma (as far as I know anyway after getting checked 4/5 years ago) and I'm the same with the coughing at the moment. I'm 32 weeks and it always starts around lunch/mid afternoon. I think mine is caused by pollen, and is weirdly set off once I eat (I'm talking a single chip and I start for the afternoon/evening). I've taken covid tests but I've not got it. I think everyone around me thinks I probably have though.

Yup, every few days I'd wake up with one. Now it's about once a week

Sorry I know this is a few days old now, but this was me on Friday.

Midwife #1 (who was my temporary midwife) measured me on the 50th centile at 28 weeks. Midwife #2 measured me on the 25th centile at 31 weeks. I was sent to hospital for a growth scan and they actually think he's just above the 10th centile, which is just over the cut off for a "small baby" apparently. They want me back again in 3 weeks to rescan but I'm terrified now. So unfortunately I don't have an outcome to share, but I'm right with you with the worry.

With my daughter I went to hospital at 7 weeks thinking I was having an ectopic. Midwife had a feel on my stomach and told me I was just very constipated 😳

I thought I'd add my personal situation to this.

Prior to having my daughter I worked a full time office job, for an awful company who I'd see mistreat a lot of women with young babies just starting back at work. I decided I wouldn't return, plus we moved across town during my maternity leave I don't drive. I only made 20K before tax there (I'm near London) and my husband a bit more than me. If I had returned to work I'd be setting myself up for a 40 minute walk each way every day and with childcare costs being sky high I'd essentially had pennies left over after paying for childcare.

Sure I could have got another job. We have an housing assistance home and claim universal credit. But we planned start trying for this baby when my daughter was almost 2 (miscarriage has made the age gap bigger now) which meant I'd get a new job, get settled and then leave again.

My husband has recently had a well deserved promotion and pay rise and is making double what he was when we both worked. The universal credit has dropped down to something like £15 a week. Next pay review we will likely be off it. Therefore in my eyes we do well enough for me to continue as a SAHM until this little one I'm pregnant with is in nursery/reception, when I'll get myself a part time job.

There is a lot of stigma around SAHM and benefits, but I think a lot of the time people don't realise that actually these mum's are doing what is best for their family financially. If that means claiming universal credit and someone doesn't like that, then take it up with the government for making the system that way.
You should definitely get that cough checked out by the way. Especially if you get wheezing as well. It could be cough variant asthma which is what I had. It’s better for the baby for you to be on inhalers and manage it if you have it. I think mines flared up because of an allergy to pollen or something that I’ve suddenly developed in pregnancy x

You should definitely get that cough checked out by the way. Especially if you get wheezing as well. It could be cough variant asthma which is what I had. It’s better for the baby for you to be on inhalers and manage it if you have it. I think mines flared up because of an allergy to pollen or something that I’ve suddenly developed in pregnancy x
Oh wow I've just googled it and had never heard of it! I'll get an e-consult filled in with my GP now, thank you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.