Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All is okay thankfully, feel so stupid I burst into tears when she put the doppler on hate feeling like I’m wasting their time but she said to phone whenever anyway just glad he’s okay, going to try and get a sleep now didn’t sleep at all last night!

Hope all you lovely ladies are okay 💖
So glad everything is ok. Never feel stupid for getting checked out, that’s the right thing to do ❤

I don’t suppose anyone can offer any reassurance about having a fever/high temperature in the first trimester? :( my Covid got worse over the weekend and I had a high temperature Sunday night while I was in bed. Cos I was half asleep and feeling feverish I stupidly didn’t think to get up and take some paracetamol, and now feeling really anxious as I’m only 6 weeks pregnant - worried I might have caused a birth defect by getting too hot 😔
I had covid early in the second trimester and I had quite a high temp for 2 days, even with paracetamol. Are you keeping hydrated as much as possible? Have you let the midwives know? If you’re feeling anxious, you could always ask for a referral to EPU. Babies, even at 6 weeks are strong so I’m sure they’re fine and none the wiser ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
So glad everything is ok. Never feel stupid for getting checked out, that’s the right thing to do ❤

I had covid early in the second trimester and I had quite a high temp for 2 days, even with paracetamol. Are you keeping hydrated as much as possible? Have you let the midwives know? If you’re feeling anxious, you could always ask for a referral to EPU. Babies, even at 6 weeks are strong so I’m sure they’re fine and none the wiser ❤
I have texted a midwife this morning, haven’t had my booking appointment just yet but thought it was worth flagging it up to her, just waiting to hear back. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the reassurance! ❤

Oh wow I've just googled it and had never heard of it! I'll get an e-consult filled in with my GP now, thank you!
Finally after 2 weeks on 2 lots of becotide (the brown inhaler) that horrible coughs basically gone now. Well worth looking into it x

Can anyone recommend high energy healthy snacks for the hospital bag? 😁
Im bringing homemade nut mixes and graze granola bars. I have a few peanut butter sachets left over and might pack those too. I’m having a c section so need foods that don’t make me gassy

Im bringing homemade nut mixes and graze granola bars. I have a few peanut butter sachets left over and might pack those too. I’m having a c section so need foods that don’t make me gassy
Random thought but will they allow nuts due to possible allergies in others?

Random thought but will they allow nuts due to possible allergies in others?
That’s an excellent point! I’m not sure, but I do know that my hospital has only private rooms so I’ll have to ask the nurses if they are allergic.

Reactions: 1
Can I have my whooping cough jab from 20 weeks? I go away soon and when I’ll be back I’ll be close to 25 weeks so I’d rather have it now!

On the whooping cough front - I had no side effects whatsoever, not even an achy arm.

I had really been looking forward to feeling baby move so I’d feel less in limbo, but of course now I fixate on whether I’ve felt him move, is he moving enough. I did call the general midwife number we’re given in our area when I didn’t think I’d felt movements for several hours and was told to wait until 4pm and call again (I called about midday). Quite frankly after my experience at A&E with a suspected miscarriage - told that as it was after 5pm there was nothing they could do and if I was having one so be it - that made me really anxious that I’d not be seen that day.

Still rarely feeling dramatic movements - I’ll be 27 weeks tomorrow - but hoping they’ll get more pronounced soon. I’m so tempted to just buy a Doppler even though they advise against it!

Reactions: 2
So landed from my holiday early hours Monday morning and started vomiting from about 2am and still feel horrendous now, not been able to keep any food or water down the whole time, so been well over 36 hours now. Guessing it’s a bug I’ve picked up but just starting to think should I be getting worried and do I need to ring someone?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So landed from my holiday early hours Monday morning and started vomiting from about 2am and still feel horrendous now, not been able to keep any food or water down the whole time, so been well over 36 hours now. Guessing it’s a bug I’ve picked up but just starting to think should I be getting worried and do I need to ring someone?
If you’re not even able to keep water down I’d definitely call your midwife or GP. You’ll be severely dehydrated and it’s likely you’ll need to be given a drip to replace lost fluids.

Have you tried sucking on ice cubes?

Reactions: 2
If you’re not even able to keep water down I’d definitely call your midwife or GP. You’ll be severely dehydrated and it’s likely you’ll need to be given a drip to replace lost fluids.

Have you tried sucking on ice cubes?
Thanks for your reply, yep I’ve had ice cubes but nothing is staying down 😖 I’ll try giving day unit a ring now 🤞

• Heart
On the whooping cough front - I had no side effects whatsoever, not even an achy arm.

I had really been looking forward to feeling baby move so I’d feel less in limbo, but of course now I fixate on whether I’ve felt him move, is he moving enough. I did call the general midwife number we’re given in our area when I didn’t think I’d felt movements for several hours and was told to wait until 4pm and call again (I called about midday). Quite frankly after my experience at A&E with a suspected miscarriage - told that as it was after 5pm there was nothing they could do and if I was having one so be it - that made me really anxious that I’d not be seen that day.

Still rarely feeling dramatic movements - I’ll be 27 weeks tomorrow - but hoping they’ll get more pronounced soon. I’m so tempted to just buy a Doppler even though they advise against it!
My babies have never got into a routine or anything until well past 30 weeks.
I don't know if it helps for those anxious about movements (it's the thing I hate most with pregnancy)
Not to expect to feel them every hour ect.
They sleep 90% of the time in the womb and you'll soon learn what is normal and what isn't for your baby.
My 3rd only ever moved first thing in the morning and last thing at night whenever I was laying down.
Would very rarely feel her during the day.
Where as my second was moving any time I ate. All night long. And a lot during the day 😂

Unfortunately the experience for a lot of people in A&E with miscarriages are bad. I know there's nothing they can do but I've found from hearing everyone's experiences that they're so insensitive!

A doppler won't tell you anything really unfortunately and it can do more harm than good.
You can pick up your own heart beat and even the placenta and then think everything it's okay when it isn't. Even the heartbeat in general isn't an indication that something may be wrong.
And then on the other hand, you can not find the heartbeat and panic.

I'd try the number you're given again.
They should always get you in to check movements if you call.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is how I started with covid! Xx

• Heart
I didn’t even think of covid until about ten mins ago 😖 how do I even go about getting a test these days do you know? X
I didn’t even think vomiting was a symptom until I spoke to the midwife but my test flashed up straight away positive 🤦🏼‍♀️ I had some lateral flow ones at home xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.