Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t even think of covid until about ten mins ago 😖 how do I even go about getting a test these days do you know? X
There's loads of websites you can order them from.
Unless you have any family members that can go buy some. Most chemist's sell the tests, tesco sell them at £2 a test which is one of the cheapest. And aldi sell them too, packs of 2 for £7.99

Reactions: 1
I’ll be packing lucozade and crisps in my bag 🤣🤣 are the healthy snacks recommended??

I’m tracking my clary sage oil, it’s 4 stops away and I’m running a bath asap 🤣 putting it on my pillow tonight haha 🤞🏼 Worth a go!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ll be packing lucozade and crisps in my bag 🤣🤣 are the healthy snacks recommended??

I’m tracking my clary sage oil, it’s 4 stops away and I’m running a bath asap 🤣 putting it on my pillow tonight haha 🤞🏼 Worth a go!
I tried clary sage oil. Had a bath every night using it 😂

My midwife said to put it on the bottom of my feet 🤔 but I never did

There's loads of websites you can order them from.
Unless you have any family members that can go buy some. Most chemist's sell the tests, tesco sell them at £2 a test which is one of the cheapest. And aldi sell them too, packs of 2 for £7.99
Thank you! I found some lateral flows in my kitchen drawer of doom and it’s come back negative thankfully!

I tried clary sage oil. Had a bath every night using it 😂

My midwife said to put it on the bottom of my feet 🤔 but I never did
I’ve just put a few drops in the bath now, some on cotton wool to smell and going to try the pressure points 😂😅 I’ve had mixed reviews and Amazon prime got the better of me 🤣!

I’ve just put a few drops in the bath now, some on cotton wool to smell and going to try the pressure points 😂😅 I’ve had mixed reviews and Amazon prime got the better of me 🤣!
I just thought there was no harm in trying so I gave it a go 😂
Didn't do anything for me but who knows

• Haha

I’m going with crisps and chocolate 🤣 I know I’ll want comfort food!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
This might be a really stupid question but I’m going to be washing all of babies clothes this coming week and have no idea what cycle to wash them on?? There isn’t a delicate setting on my washing machine I can use and all the cycles run for at least 2 hours 😅 would I be able to use the coloured cotton cycle?

This might be a really stupid question but I’m going to be washing all of babies clothes this coming week and have no idea what cycle to wash them on?? There isn’t a delicate setting on my washing machine I can use and all the cycles run for at least 2 hours 😅 would I be able to use the coloured cotton cycle?
I just use the same as I normally use 😊

My babies have never got into a routine or anything until well past 30 weeks.
I don't know if it helps for those anxious about movements (it's the thing I hate most with pregnancy)
Not to expect to feel them every hour ect.
They sleep 90% of the time in the womb and you'll soon learn what is normal and what isn't for your baby.
My 3rd only ever moved first thing in the morning and last thing at night whenever I was laying down.
Would very rarely feel her during the day.
Where as my second was moving any time I ate. All night long. And a lot during the day 😂

Unfortunately the experience for a lot of people in A&E with miscarriages are bad. I know there's nothing they can do but I've found from hearing everyone's experiences that they're so insensitive!

A doppler won't tell you anything really unfortunately and it can do more harm than good.
You can pick up your own heart beat and even the placenta and then think everything it's okay when it isn't. Even the heartbeat in general isn't an indication that something may be wrong.
And then on the other hand, you can not find the heartbeat and panic.

I'd try the number you're given again.
They should always get you in to check movements if you call.
Thank you, that is reassuring. I do realise that I have to sometimes pay attention to clock movements. He seems to have spells and gets animated by ice-cream but it can feel ages between movements.

I’m actually seeing a midwife face-to-face for the first time in 19 weeks (and only second time in total) next week so I’m going to ask more about it then and get nailed down what I should do if I have concerns. At my call a couple of weeks ago I was told to phone up, but the midwife I eventually spoke to wanted me to wait longer before she’d do anything about it. Meanwhile everything online says don’t ignore reduced movements!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m going with crisps and chocolate 🤣 I know I’ll want comfort food!
Yeah me too! 😂😂 our hospital is near a big Tesco and a little corner shop so I can always send the oh if I need out 😆

I did mine on a delicate, that was 30 on an hour spin! Do you have anything close at all to that? Thought I could be wrong in doing it 😂🙈

I just thought there was no harm in trying so I gave it a go 😂
Didn't do anything for me but who knows
it worked for my friend! There’s no harm in trying is there,nothing will work for me I bet 😂

I just washed on a regular cycle and put in the dryer as well. I figured I’m not going to be precious about baby clothes since we’re going to be doing a lot of baby laundry and I don’t want it hanging all over the place.

We have received some very nice outfits that I wash and don’t dry but we Don’t have a lot of those.

As far as baby movements, I think in the late 20s I was able to start noticing a pattern. It became a bit second nature and I really had to make myself pay attention to my body and her movements or else I wouldn’t take note of them. I did go in at 30 weeks for decreased movements and all was fine.

I took an entire snack bag, I ate one belvita during labour and nothing else for the entire week I stayed as I just had no appetite 😂 it’s all long gone now though!

I had Pringles, snack a jacks, cheese straws (random but they’re my fave), fizzy haribo, Percy pigs, marshmallows, belvita, chocolate biscuits, Jaffa cakes, skinny whip bars, mints, lucozade sport, orange juice cartons, mini squash drops. Looked like I was having a picnic 💀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I took an entire snack bag, I ate one belvita during labour and nothing else for the entire week I stayed as I just had no appetite 😂 it’s all long gone now though!

I had Pringles, snack a jacks, cheese straws (random but they’re my fave), fizzy haribo, Percy pigs, marshmallows, belvita, chocolate biscuits, Jaffa cakes, skinny whip bars, mints, lucozade sport, orange juice cartons, mini squash drops. Looked like I was having a picnic 💀
Sounds like exactly what I’d pack 😂 the Percy pigs Hahaa!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So landed from my holiday early hours Monday morning and started vomiting from about 2am and still feel horrendous now, not been able to keep any food or water down the whole time, so been well over 36 hours now. Guessing it’s a bug I’ve picked up but just starting to think should I be getting worried and do I need to ring someone?
Hello, I had norovirus in my first trimester and my GP said not being able to keep food down for a couple of days is (surprisingly) ok even if pregnant, but if you can’t keep liquids down for a couple of days call GP or 111. I found lucozade helpful and reassuring to sip on slowly for the electrolytes. Hope you’re ok x

• Heart
Hello, I had norovirus in my first trimester and my GP said not being able to keep food down for a couple of days is (surprisingly) ok even if pregnant, but if you can’t keep liquids down for a couple of days call GP or 111. I found lucozade helpful and reassuring to sip on slowly for the electrolytes. Hope you’re ok x
Thank you! This is actually the 5th sickness bug I’ve had this pregnancy but most have passed within 24 hours 😖 this one just seems to be dragging on and I’m a bit more worried because I’ve been abroad 😖 I’ve had a bag of Pom bears and some ice cubes since I was last sick and going to bed very soon, hopefully feel better tomorrow! Thank you ❤

Thank you! This is actually the 5th sickness bug I’ve had this pregnancy but most have passed within 24 hours 😖 this one just seems to be dragging on and I’m a bit more worried because I’ve been abroad 😖 I’ve had a bag of Pom bears and some ice cubes since I was last sick and going to bed very soon, hopefully feel better tomorrow! Thank you ❤
Oh tell me about it. I’ve gone from being the kind of person who gets a cold once every 2 years to having a 5 new illnesses for every 5 months I’ve been pregnant 🤣 apparently it’s because your immune system suppresses itself to stop itself attacking the baby. I had no idea!

Oh tell me about it. I’ve gone from being the kind of person who gets a cold once every 2 years to having a 5 new illnesses for every 5 months I’ve been pregnant 🤣 apparently it’s because your immune system suppresses itself to stop itself attacking the baby. I had no idea!
yep it’s definitely the immune system! My little boy obviously brings all sorts home from nursery and before pregnancy I was generally fine and my husband never catches anything 😖 another one of the joys!

Hi guys, I know I probably need to contact GP but it is very early days and I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this as I am quite young and this is mine and my partners first positive test 🥺 I have had some cramps, I would say slightly less than period and had some light bleeding which I assumed was my period, but I realise now may have been implantation bleeding. I am just worried because yesterday I passed a massive blood clot? No more blood has followed and cramps have subsided. I am around 5 weeks. Just wondering if I should prepare for the worst or this can be normal?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi guys, I know I probably need to contact GP but it is very early days and I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this as I am quite young and this is mine and my partners first positive test 🥺 I have had some cramps, I would say slightly less than period and had some light bleeding which I assumed was my period, but I realise now may have been implantation bleeding. I am just worried because yesterday I passed a massive blood clot? No more blood has followed and cramps have subsided. I am around 5 weeks. Just wondering if I should prepare for the worst or this can be normal?
It’s difficult to say. Did the cramps and bleeding reduce after the passing of the clot? I’d recommend to ring your local EPAU and see what the process is, whether they follow self referrals or need it to come from GP etc x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.