Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had really increased and slight painful cramps &lightning crotch over last night and this morning - hoping it’s the start of something 😂🤞🏼

Also massive love to my ladies during this weather!!! 🥵😩 normally I’d be out drinking cocktails! Got massive sunburn sitting out for a couple hours yesterday, I seriously applaud anyone who goes through the full summer pregnant - I’m only going to be pregnant this month and I’m already complaining 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm officially due the 3rd 🥰 but I'm having an elective csection this time so it'll be earlier than that when he / she arrives
We’re (almost) the same. I’m due 4th but having an ECS on 28th July. Not long for us now!

I’m officially on maternity leave 🙌🏻 was looking forward to a lie in but I have to go and get bloods taken to check my iron levels. But the thought of being able to come home and nap is bliss.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
II am overdue now , hot and sweaty , and I don’t think any signs of the baby coming . Quite nice having maternity leave though , and how lucky we are here in the uk.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Think my midwife will be talking to me about induction today. I’ve obviously googled to be aware of the different options but any experiences you have had would be useful to know going in? 😊
I didn’t get induced in the end but was told because I was low risk I would be allowed to go home for up to 24 hours after the pessary was inserted and wait for it to do its thing!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone had the pessary, sent home , it ‘worked’ (so waters going, contractions ) and then been allowed to not take the drip? I tooo the drip with my first so trying my best to stay away from
It again. My other question is , if they let you go natural then after that, were your contractions at a certain stage or you dilated to a certain degree?

Just heading back from hospital. Had another sweep- this one was so painful and had really made me panic that I am gonna really struggle with birth.
I’m being induced Sunday morning and omg I feel so nervous now, like it’s suddenly so real 😧

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone had the pessary, sent home , it ‘worked’ (so waters going, contractions ) and then been allowed to not take the drip? I tooo the drip with my first so trying my best to stay away from
It again. My other question is , if they let you go natural then after that, were your contractions at a certain stage or you dilated to a certain degree?
With my first, I didn't go home with the pessary but the pessary started my contractions regular and progressed pretty quick so I didn't need the drip. But the main issue is from when your waters go. Which is usually why they end up putting you on the drip as they only try and allow 24 hours from your waters.

By the time my waters went after the pessary, they checked and I was already 5cm which is why I presume they didn't put me on the drip.
With my 3rd, they took the pessary out and checked dilation. I was only 2cm dilated. So they left me to walk around the hospital ect and then checked me 4 hours later.
So I presume based on the 4 hour later check depends on if they put you on the drip or not.

I will say that the pessary has 'worked' with all of them though. They've all caused my waters to go, whether that be a slight leak to start with or fully gone.
And has caused regular contractions with them all too.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone tried perineal massages?
I can’t bring myself to, I know it’s childish 🤣 tbh I can’t even bend down now to do it and I’m only 23 weeks. I’m likely having a c section this time but I defo would have benefited the first time around put it that way

I can’t bring myself to, I know it’s childish 🤣 tbh I can’t even bend down now to do it and I’m only 23 weeks. I’m likely having a c section this time but I defo would have benefited the first time around put it that way
I had a nearly 4th degree tear with my second even after doing it 😂
That's the thing though, you never know if it makes a difference or not.
Didn't do it with my first and only had a minor tear.
But it maybe could've been worse with my second if I hadn't done it. But who knows 😂

We’re (almost) the same. I’m due 4th but having an ECS on 28th July. Not long for us now!

I’m officially on maternity leave 🙌🏻 was looking forward to a lie in but I have to go and get bloods taken to check my iron levels. But the thought of being able to come home and nap is bliss.
Oh sorry I was meant to be quoting someone earlier up the thread who is due the 4th January as I'm due the 3rd 🙈 can you tell I'm not sleeping properly?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried perineal massages?
I did it with my first, starting around 34 weeks if I remember correctly 🤔 my partner helped, it hurt a bit at first but after a few times was okay.. I had no tears whatsoever and had a relatively straightforward birth - did the massage help? We’ll never know 😂
I’m 35 weeks today and not particularly motivated to do it so maybe I’ll find out haha

Got a question for all the ladies who have already had children. How “bossy” are you aloud to be when it comes to your birth? I’ve heard snippets from so many people and I do have certain things I just don’t want although I know you can’t plan everything! For example I don’t want to be coached to push like I’ll push when I feel the need to not when I’m told, I don’t want any tugging of the baby’s head unless they absolutely need to,basically I just want to go at my own pace and do it myself unless an emergency happens and they need to intervene. So I was just wondering is this things I’ll note down when I get my birth plan etc and do they actually stick to it? Sorry for the really long question 😂

Got a question for all the ladies who have already had children. How “bossy” are you aloud to be when it comes to your birth? I’ve heard snippets from so many people and I do have certain things I just don’t want although I know you can’t plan everything! For example I don’t want to be coached to push like I’ll push when I feel the need to not when I’m told, I don’t want any tugging of the baby’s head unless they absolutely need to,basically I just want to go at my own pace and do it myself unless an emergency happens and they need to intervene. So I was just wondering is this things I’ll note down when I get my birth plan etc and do they actually stick to it? Sorry for the really long question 😂
You can be as bossy as you like 😊

My birth plan was never even looked at with my first and second.
3rd I didn't bother.
So I'd write it out. Take it with you in labour and make sure someone's reading it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.