Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm 7 weeks pregnant today and I think I've just passed a very small blood clot. Is it likely I'm having a miscarriage? Feeling really nervous. Have just called the maternity day care unit and someone is going to get back to me later.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I have my first appointment with the midwife tomorrow and no idea what to expect! What normally happens at the first app?

So I have my first appointment with the midwife tomorrow and no idea what to expect! What normally happens at the first app?
Generally a lot of health questions, your first round of bloods and a urine test 😊 think they will also take your height and weight!

Reactions: 1
I'm 7 weeks pregnant today and I think I've just passed a very small blood clot. Is it likely I'm having a miscarriage? Feeling really nervous. Have just called the maternity day care unit and someone is going to get back to me later.
Try not to worry unduly. Bleeding is actually quite common particularly in the first trimester - about 20% of women experience some bleeding.

I had some bright red bleeding which concerned me early on (around 9 weeks) as I’d read light pink blood and brown blood was normal but bright red was a worry. Managed to get booked in for an early scan at the EPAU and they said all was fine, there was some blood in my uterus sitting below baby that could be from previous period, it would be absorbed into my body.

At 11 weeks I passed a lot of blood (and clots) I was literally standing in the shower and it was pumping out. I had no pain or cramps but I was sure it was a miscarriage. Was told to go to the hospital - that was a terrible experience which I’ve already spoken about. Managed to get an appointment at the EPAU the next day after a sleepless night and baby was fine. What I’d experienced was my body passing the haematoma.

A little blood when you wipe, without any pain or cramps should be nothing unduly concerning. If you’re really worried they can give you a scan. At 7 weeks it’s likely to be internal (gives a much clearer picture) and you won’t want a full bladder. Good luck x

• Heart
Generally a lot of health questions, your first round of bloods and a urine test 😊 think they will also take your height and weight!
Thank you! This is TMI sorry to anyone having lunch 🙈 but did anyone else’s urine absolutely stink during pregnancy? And if so does it go away? I can’t stand it and it’s really embarrassing if I have to go in public or in work as we only have 1 shared loo!

Reactions: 4
Just lots of questions about yours and your partners health and family health. The one midwife appointment where it’s been helpful for him to be there tbh. All others you can go alone. Other than that they just take a urine sample, (so have a drink before you go) blood pressure, BMI and tell you about your contacts etc.

Just lots of questions about yours and your partners health and family health. The one midwife appointment where it’s been helpful for him to be there tbh. All others you can go alone. Other than that they just take a urine sample, (so have a drink before you go) blood pressure, BMI and tell you about your contacts etc.
I didn't ask the original question but this is really useful thanks, got my first appt next week. Didn't know they would ask about partner's health so that is useful. Husband has a needle phobia though so might send him out for the blood tests!

As we are doing TMI questions today 🙈 has anyone else's chin hairs been growing out of control?! I guess it's the hormones!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just had our official 20 week scan (I’m 20+3 today) and little man is all good so far, but as with all his scans so far he’s in a super awkward position so I have to go back in for another scan before 23 weeks so they can finish checking his heart.

Also been told that there’s a higher than average blood flow from my placenta, the sonographer said they don’t know why this happens but it means they need to keep an eye on his growth as he might grow too quickly. Has anybody else had this? I’d never heard of this before.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Just had our official 20 week scan (I’m 20+3 today) and little man is all good so far, but as with all he’s scans he’s in a super awkward position so I have to go back in for another scan before 23 weeks so they can finish checking his heart.

Also been told that there’s a higher than average blood flow from my placenta, the sonographer said they don’t know why this happens but it means they need to keep an eye on his growth as he might grow too quickly. Has anybody else had this? I’d never heard of this before.
Sorry no, I wouldn’t even know how they could tell that from a scan! A healthy placenta is a positive thing though, hopefully you can find out more about what it means - are you under consultant care?

Finally had 2 negative covid tests so I can have my 20 week scan tomorrow before i fly! I think I’ve felt that crap with covid I haven’t thought about it and now I’m really nervous, will they sit me down if they find anything at all to be worried about? x

Finally had 2 negative covid tests so I can have my 20 week scan tomorrow before i fly! I think I’ve felt that crap with covid I haven’t thought about it and now I’m really nervous, will they sit me down if they find anything at all to be worried about? x
I think they would get the doctor to look over it and then arrange an appointment with a consultant afterwards if so

Sorry no, I wouldn’t even know how they could tell that from a scan! A healthy placenta is a positive thing though, hopefully you can find out more about what it means - are you under consultant care?
Yeah they can see various blood flows in the scan (the red and blue patches that come up on the screen). It didn’t sound like it was too big a deal, just that They need to monitor his growth closely and I guess induce me earlier if he grows too quickly? Like you said a healthy placenta is a good thing 😊 it’s just a little too healthy but not the end of the world. But I was surprised as never heard of this before.

Wish we’d been able to check the heart properly though. Feeling slightly in limbo not to have that 20 week scan ‘all clear’ feeling yet.

Yeah they can see various blood flows in the scan (the red and blue patches that come up on the screen). It didn’t sound like it was too big a deal, just that They need to monitor his growth closely and I guess induce me earlier if he grows too quickly? Like you said a healthy placenta is a good thing 😊 it’s just a little too healthy but not the end of the world. But I was surprised as never heard of this before.

Wish we’d been able to check the heart properly though. Feeling slightly in limbo not to have that 20 week scan ‘all clear’ feeling yet.

I was totally blown away with the blue and red confirming blood flow through heart/kidneys when she turned that on during the scan yesterday - sorry just wanted to interject! The human body and technology continues to amaze me! I was pretty excited after the scan about that 🤣

I hope you get that all clear feeling soon X

Reactions: 2
I was totally blown away with the blue and red confirming blood flow through heart/kidneys when she turned that on during the scan yesterday - sorry just wanted to interject! The human body and technology continues to amaze me! I was pretty excited after the scan about that 🤣

I hope you get that all clear feeling soon X
Oh my gosh me too! And my other half as he loves anything techy/sciencey. It really is amazing what they can see.

Help people who know what babies wear! I’m looking at some basic clothes now, and I’m so confused. I’m looking at the hospital bag list on the NHS website and I get what a babygro/sleep suit is, but what is the difference between a vest and a bodysuit? Do they need to wear all 3 at the same time? He’ll be a November baby so it will be quite cold.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Has anyone bought the iCandy Peach 7? Or the Maxi-Cosi Pebble 360 car seat? Be good to have some first hand reviews. Thanks 🙂

Oh my gosh me too! And my other half as he loves anything techy/sciencey. It really is amazing what they can see.

Help people who know what babies wear! I’m looking at some basic clothes now, and I’m so confused. I’m looking at the hospital bag list on the NHS website and I get what a babygro/sleep suit is, but what is the difference between a vest and a bodysuit? Do they need to wear all 3 at the same time? He’ll be a November baby so it will be quite cold.
They're exactly the same thing. Vests and bodysuits. Sometimes some places will call the short sleeve ones vests and long sleeve ones bodysuits though. Other times they call them either.
So it's just the 2 layers 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
They're exactly the same thing. Vests and bodysuits. Sometimes some places will call the short sleeve ones vests and long sleeve ones bodysuits though. Other times they call them either.
So it's just the 2 layers 😂
Oh phew 😂 they make it so confusing. Thanks for answering my silly question!

Need to have a word with my husband, he is doing most of the cooking at the moment as I don't feel up to it and he is only just starting the tea now! If I'm cooking we normally eat around 6.30, I will be climbing the walls by the time it's ready

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.