Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got a question for all the ladies who have already had children. How “bossy” are you aloud to be when it comes to your birth? I’ve heard snippets from so many people and I do have certain things I just don’t want although I know you can’t plan everything! For example I don’t want to be coached to push like I’ll push when I feel the need to not when I’m told, I don’t want any tugging of the baby’s head unless they absolutely need to,basically I just want to go at my own pace and do it myself unless an emergency happens and they need to intervene. So I was just wondering is this things I’ll note down when I get my birth plan etc and do they actually stick to it? Sorry for the really long question 😂
My first birth is a blur tbh and absolutely did not go to plan so I can’t really say

My waters broke on a Saturday morning - in such a way I had to go and stand in the bath.

induced on the Sunday, ten cm dialated fairly quickly, but my contractions weren’t even at all. 2nd midwife who came on shift took one look at me from the door to the room and said “that baby is back and isn’t gonna come out by itself” which no one had mentioned up til then. they have me an epidural, put me in the stirrups, tried forceps then ended with an emergency c-section. I didn’t want any of these things and it really messed with me and my recovery. I did get a beautiful healthy girl out of it though. Swings and roundabouts innit.
Unfortunately you can’t predict your birth which I wish someone had told me…

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Got a question for all the ladies who have already had children. How “bossy” are you aloud to be when it comes to your birth? I’ve heard snippets from so many people and I do have certain things I just don’t want although I know you can’t plan everything! For example I don’t want to be coached to push like I’ll push when I feel the need to not when I’m told, I don’t want any tugging of the baby’s head unless they absolutely need to,basically I just want to go at my own pace and do it myself unless an emergency happens and they need to intervene. So I was just wondering is this things I’ll note down when I get my birth plan etc and do they actually stick to it? Sorry for the really long question 😂
You can be bossy with it but please bear in mind that a lot of things can happen that you might not be expecting and might require you to change your plans. I wrote a fairly strict birth plan under the assumption that cos I was low risk, I’d have a straightforward birth, but my waters broke before my contractions started and I had to go on the drip for induction so ended up begging for an epidural, arguing with the midwife cos my birth plan said I didn’t want an epidural. So just consider every possible eventuality when you write down your wishes.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You can be bossy with it but please bear in mind that a lot of things can happen that you might not be expecting and might require you to change your plans. I wrote a fairly strict birth plan under the assumption that cos I was low risk, I’d have a straightforward birth, but my waters broke before my contractions started and I had to go on the drip for induction so ended up begging for an epidural, arguing with the midwife cos my birth plan said I didn’t want an epidural. So just consider every possible eventuality when you write down your wishes.
This 100%
I was so against an epidural.
Until I got put on the drip 😂😂

Reactions: 5
This 100%
I was so against an epidural.
Until I got put on the drip 😂😂
This was me as well. I thought I’d breeze through it all until the drip and then I cried to my husband begging him to ask the midwife to give me an epidural 😂 can’t wait to do it all again!

Question -

I’m hoping to combi feed but I’m taking two bottles of pre made aptamil just in case I need them. Do I need to take my own bottles as well?

Or would you advise just to take the ones with the Nubs in the pack?? I didn’t even know they existed so might need to do an Asda shop delivery 😂

Reactions: 1
Question -

I’m hoping to combi feed but I’m taking two bottles of pre made aptamil just in case I need them. Do I need to take my own bottles as well?

Or would you advise just to take the ones with the Nubs in the pack?? I didn’t even know they existed so might need to do an Asda shop delivery 😂
There usually isn't anywhere to sterilise bottles so you'll usually need the starter packs with the bottles in

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I bought some magnesium tablets and some gel which I’ve rubbed in my calves. Hoping for no cramp tonight 🤞🏻🙏 Did hear that a side effect of magnesium is constipation though and

Also bought a pram today (the iCandy Peach 7 - thanks @Sickofthissh1t, the one handed fold won it for me too!) and a car seat. Starting to feel more real now we’re buying things.

• Heart
My midwife warned me about this. She said put whatever you like in your birth plan, drugs, no drugs, whatever, but always write in a get-out clause. Mine said that I would prefer no drugs, but that I reserved the right to change my mind when the time came.

On the subject of birth plans, I have a vague one. Water birth would be nice and of course no forceps etc if possible. But I don’t see the point in writing up some strict list of rules I’m expecting the medical professionals who are charged with getting me and my baby through the birth process safely to follow to the letter.

I can’t be the only person on here who’s screamed at the TV watching a births (both documentary and dramatised) where a pregnant woman and/or her baby need something like an emergency c section, forceps etc. and the woman’s point blank refusing, sometimes even when they are explaining it’a life or death, because it’s not in her bloody birth plan 😅

This is my first but reading the responses on here from ladies who’ve had previous births I feel like this is the right attitude to have. A vague plan sure, but anything can happen and you need to be open to it. The priority is safe mum and baby.

Reactions: 10
On the subject of birth plans, I have a vague one. Water birth would be nice and of course no forceps etc if possible. But I don’t see the point in writing up some strict list of rules I’m expecting the medical professionals who are charged with getting me and my baby through the birth process safely to follow to the letter.

I can’t be the only person on here who’s screamed at the TV watching a births (both documentary and dramatised) where a pregnant woman and/or her baby need something like an emergency c section, forceps etc. and the woman’s point blank refusing, sometimes even when they are explaining it’a life or death, because it’s not in her bloody birth plan 😅

This is my first but reading the responses on here from ladies who’ve had previous births I feel like this is the right artist use to have. A vague plan sure, but anything can happen and you need to be open to it. The priority is safe mum and baby.
This is pretty much what I put in mine.
Just basically things like what pain medication I would or wouldn't want.
Position I'd like to be in.
Whether you want to leave the cord attached. Things like that.
I didn't bother writing down other things because I know they're not going to just give me an EMCS for no reason ect
The rest of it, I just want what was best for baby and to get them here safely.

I know this is going to sound really vain and superficial so I hope I don’t piss anyone off 😂 . But I didn’t get a single stretch mark with my first (I know it can be genetic and everyone’s different, I did cover myself in bio oil etc every day) but I’ve noticed one on my boob this morning. My boobs are huge this time. Did anyone not get any the first time but get stretch marks the second time?

Great news - I got my best night’s sleep in ages! No cramp. For anyone else who might need it this is the gel I bought:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I bought some magnesium tablets and some gel which I’ve rubbed in my calves. Hoping for no cramp tonight 🤞🏻🙏 Did hear that a side effect of magnesium is constipation though and

Also bought a pram today (the iCandy Peach 7 - thanks @Sickofthissh1t, the one handed fold won it for me too!) and a car seat. Starting to feel more real now we’re buying things.
Hey, I have been taking magnesium for years and thankfully haven’t had any constipation issues so hopefully same for you! Hope the cramp eases up 🙏🏼! X

• Heart
There are two different types of magnesium and they create opposite side effects

Magnesium citrate- can cause constipation
Magnesium sulphate- common laxative side effects.

So look into it before buying haha that's why I just stuck with the betteryou spray x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I haven’t even written a birth plan down? I didn’t even know it was a thing to do so!! 🙈?

I’m hoping for a water birth providing things go well but that’s about it, we have some birthing centres so when I am in labour I just need to call and let them know to reserve one

Apart from that I’ve said I don’t want an epidural but I can’t have one in the birthing centre anyways… is it worth writing things down ?

At what stage did your baby’s movements become more ‘regular’? Little Lady had been moving around the same times each day for about a fortnight. I could actually set my watch by her kicks during Love Island every night and now the pattern is off for the last few days

I know this is going to sound really vain and superficial so I hope I don’t piss anyone off 😂 . But I didn’t get a single stretch mark with my first (I know it can be genetic and everyone’s different, I did cover myself in bio oil etc every day) but I’ve noticed one on my boob this morning. My boobs are huge this time. Did anyone not get any the first time but get stretch marks the second time?
Ok I’m going to now stop giving out about the effort of this bio oil every day 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.