Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are two different types of magnesium and they create opposite side effects

Magnesium citrate- can cause constipation
Magnesium sulphate- common laxative side effects.

So look into it before buying haha that's why I just stuck with the betteryou spray x
Thank you, that’s helpful to know! x

Reactions: 2
At what stage did your baby’s movements become more ‘regular’? Little Lady had been moving around the same times each day for about a fortnight. I could actually set my watch by her kicks during Love Island every night and now the pattern is off for the last few days
Mine does that. Generally is active in the evenings but not always. So long as I feel something I don't really panic tbh

I haven’t even written a birth plan down? I didn’t even know it was a thing to do so!! 🙈?

I’m hoping for a water birth providing things go well but that’s about it, we have some birthing centres so when I am in labour I just need to call and let them know to reserve one

Apart from that I’ve said I don’t want an epidural but I can’t have one in the birthing centre anyways… is it worth writing things down ?
If you know what you want and are happy to say so at the time, I wouldn't worry unless it's something major.

Mine never read my birth plan with my first and I just didn't see the point in it anyway unless I was massively against something 😂

Reactions: 3
Any other second time mums shitting themselves? My daughter is 2.9 years old and is such hard work. Don’t know how I’m going to cope with a newborn and a three year old who only wants mummy 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Any other second time mums shitting themselves? My daughter is 2.9 years old and is such hard work. Don’t know how I’m going to cope with a newborn and a three year old who only wants mummy 😭
Yes! My son is two and I am worried about how we will cope. He’s generally ok but has a good few tantrums and I’m worried about how he’ll react with a new baby in the house. Also worried about affording childcare when I go back to work just feel like I have all these lingering worries constantly swirling around in my head 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 5
yep! My son has just turned two and woooow he is so challenging all of a sudden 🫠 also just anticipating so much mum guilt and also terrified of how I’ll cope with my toddlers tantrums on very little sleep with a newborn, hate the thought of losing my temper with him or anything like that, the list goes on 😭 I just keep reminding myself it definitely won’t be easy but there will be good and bad days and we’ve just got to ride the waves! I’m sure we’ve got this! X

Oh I’ve already lost my patience with her and been a bit shouty which I’m never like. I feel like a crap mum as it is! I keep swinging between it will be fine and oh help everything is on fire and the ship is sinking 😂😂

• Heart
Me!

I've an almost 3 and a half year old, he is a handful most of the time and I'm starting to panic as this is our last few days going from a family of 3 to 5 and how I'll cope and manage to split myself.
But had a little chat with myself this morning, we will find some sort of groove and will tackle each day as it comes... plus I will be allowed a teeny gin, so there's always that! 😄

Reactions: 1
I haven’t even written a birth plan down? I didn’t even know it was a thing to do so!! 🙈?

I’m hoping for a water birth providing things go well but that’s about it, we have some birthing centres so when I am in labour I just need to call and let them know to reserve one

Apart from that I’ve said I don’t want an epidural but I can’t have one in the birthing centre anyways… is it worth writing things down ?
I didn’t write anything down either. I was very much “what happens happens” and open to going with the flow which worked for me

I didn’t write anything down either. I was very much “what happens happens” and open to going with the flow which worked for me
I am like this too but was still was advised by the midwife to have a vague plan. I want to try epidural free for a little while, and am trying to avoid a section if at all possible although like that am going to trust the professionals! 😊

Thought now I’m 32 weeks I’d start watching one born every minute (I’ve seen them all before so they don’t really scare me) however my boyfriend watched one delivery and made me turn it off, think it scared him 😂

• Haha
Ahh thanks guys 🤗! Feel like I’m asking loads now I’m almost due haha!!

I’ve come to a friends for a bbq and her dog (who I’ve never met before) will literally not leave me alone! Keeps whimpering and sitting beside me, jumping up to sit on my lap and just overall fussy!

Maybe he’s telling me baby W is coming in the next few days 😂🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ahh thanks guys 🤗! Feel like I’m asking loads now I’m almost due haha!!

I’ve come to a friends for a bbq and her dog (who I’ve never met before) will literally not leave me alone! Keeps whimpering and sitting beside me, jumping up to sit on my lap and just overall fussy!

Maybe he’s telling me baby W is coming in the next few days 😂🤞🏼
My partners dad’s dogs knew I was pregnant before I did with my first. My friends dog was also a bit weird with her on the day she went into labour, so fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻

• Heart
My daughter is 4 and to be honest I thought we’d either not have another one or wait a little while longer for a bigger age gap.
She is absolutely wonderful but she could talk the hind legs off a donkey and I’m not enjoying the idea of clearing up sh*t again and having someone attached to my boobs 24/7 again although I imagine it will be much easier this time all being well since I’ve not actually stopped.

My daughter is 4 and to be honest I thought we’d either not have another one or wait a little while longer for a bigger age gap.
She is absolutely wonderful but she could talk the hind legs off a donkey and I’m not enjoying the idea of clearing up sh*t again and having someone attached to my boobs 24/7 again although I imagine it will be much easier this time all being well since I’ve not actually stopped.
I thought we’d have more of an age gap but I think there’s really no point as I can’t imagine my daughter being any different in a year or two. Fair play to you going til 4, I stopped the last feed in January, was her choice but I was inching towards stopping anyway. Are you going to tandem feed? The idea of breastfeeding now gives me the ick 😂

I've been thinking a lot about the lack of age gap lately. It sounds like it would be ideal to at least have one well out of nappies first. We want 2 (this is number 1) but by the time this one's born I'll be 38. That's not giving me a lot of time to confidently have a gap... :( I'm worried if I leave it more than a year or so my fertility might have declined

• Heart
I thought we’d have more of an age gap but I think there’s really no point as I can’t imagine my daughter being any different in a year or two. Fair play to you going til 4, I stopped the last feed in January, was her choice but I was inching towards stopping anyway. Are you going to tandem feed? The idea of breastfeeding now gives me the ick 😂
I have never enjoyed breastfeeding but she loves it and thinks my boobs are her best mates 🤣 I will tandem feed if she still wants it but there’s so much going on with my boobs at the moment I’m hoping we might be at the very end of our journey.

I've been thinking a lot about the lack of age gap lately. It sounds like it would be ideal to at least have one well out of nappies first. We want 2 (this is number 1) but by the time this one's born I'll be 38. That's not giving me a lot of time to confidently have a gap... :( I'm worried if I leave it more than a year or so my fertility might have declined
My daughter is still in nappies 😂 lots of my friends have barely any age gap, and then some have 4 years or more. I think it’s just what works for your family as it’s hard at any age. My daughter is a covid baby so she is very clingy, I don’t have much support as my family live further away, I don’t drive and my partner works 7 days a week so I couldn’t handle any more before now. I’m still panicking it’s too soon 😂

I have never enjoyed breastfeeding but she loves it and thinks my boobs are her best mates 🤣 I will tandem feed if she still wants it but there’s so much going on with my boobs at the moment I’m hoping we might be at the very end of our journey.
I was the same, had such an aversion but how can you say no to a booby monster 🤣 is it because of pregnancy your boobs are changing? Good luck with your journey however it goes.

I was the same, had such an aversion but how can you say no to a booby monster 🤣 is it because of pregnancy your boobs are changing? Good luck with your journey however it goes.
100%! I can’t say no! She’s so cute 🥰🤣

yeah, god they’ve been so sore and tbh because this preg was a surprise I just thought the soreness was my TOTM as I get less milk at that time but in general it’s so uncomfortable- was like this last time too I could barely turn over in bed without being in so much discomfort as they clattered together 😬😭

• Heart
I’m really struggling with my acid reflux it’s driving me mad the dr has put me on omeprazole but it’s not doing much gaviscon isn’t either I’m struggling to sleep with it it’s horrendous I keep my head raised etc but I’m struggling so much I know I sound so ungrateful but I’m tired of it and feeling sick 🥲

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.