Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone bought the iCandy Peach 7? Or the Maxi-Cosi Pebble 360 car seat? Be good to have some first hand reviews. Thanks 🙂
I have the iCandy Peach 7 and have the Cybex swivel car seat. I'm obvs not an expert but I love them! The iCandy clicks with 1 hand which was a big thing for me (struggled using a friend's Uppa Baby coz u needed both hands to click things into place). It's light, folds up easily, love the changing bag that comes with it. I'm a big fan so far anyway!

Reactions: 1
Finally had my first scan yesterday and have been dated 14 weeks! First baby so very excited. I am however high risk of preeclampsia and have been prescribed asprin. Anyone else?
Yep, I had to take it with my first and now this pregnancy!

Thank you! This is TMI sorry to anyone having lunch 🙈 but did anyone else’s urine absolutely stink during pregnancy? And if so does it go away? I can’t stand it and it’s really embarrassing if I have to go in public or in work as we only have 1 shared loo!
Yes, much worse in the first trimester, am 14+5 now and it’s definitely got better 👍🏻

Hey, had my first early scan, it was so relieving to know everything looks really good, the only thing is the sonographer measured me to be 5 weeks and 4 days and I thought I was 6 weeks 6 days, so I’m gutted that we couldn’t hear a heart beat but everything is all good, phew!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
For those of you who have had leg cramps - I’m getting excruciating calf cramps in the middle of the night - did magnesium help and how quickly? What form do you take it in? I’ve been getting them for just under a week, just woken up with searing pain in my left calf after the night before it was my right. Got it even whilst wearing compression socks to bed 😫 which I hate as I hate having hot/covered feet in bed (particularly in Summer).

Now lying here feeling nauseous because of waking up so quickly and worried to sleep in case it happens again. Not a nice pregnancy side effect.

How on earth I've reached full term today with twins haha.
4 days countdown until my c section.... Wondering if they are going to make an early arrival over the weekend??

For those of you who have had leg cramps - I’m getting excruciating calf cramps in the middle of the night - did magnesium help and how quickly? What form do you take it in? I’ve been getting them for just under a week, just woken up with searing pain in my left calf after the night before it was my right. Got it even whilst wearing compression socks to bed 😫 which I hate as I hate having hot/covered feet in bed (particularly in Summer).

Now lying here feeling nauseous because of waking up so quickly and worried to sleep in case it happens again. Not a nice pregnancy side effect.
I have the betteryou spray and kind of massage it into my legs each night before bed..... it tingles a bit at first few uses, but that usually means you're deficient in magnesium... hope it passes ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm officially due the 3rd 🥰 but I'm having an elective csection this time so it'll be earlier than that when he / she arrives

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey, had my first early scan, it was so relieving to know everything looks really good, the only thing is the sonographer measured me to be 5 weeks and 4 days and I thought I was 6 weeks 6 days, so I’m gutted that we couldn’t hear a heart beat but everything is all good, phew!
It's so hard to get the correct measurements this early. They're so tiny and the slightest movement on their screen will add or deduct days. Which is why they don't give you an actual date until your 12 week scan.
A different sonographer may have measured you completely different.

With my second, I had a scan at what I thought was 6+3 and I was put back to 5+2.
When I went for my 12 week scan, I was only put back 3 days 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I used the Together brand of marine magnesium vitamins as it is better absorbed for my headaches. For cramps a spray or some magnesium salt in a warm foot bath would be better I think. I’ve also seen calcium deficiency could cause cramps so maybe a two in one supplement?

Think my midwife will be talking to me about induction today. I’ve obviously googled to be aware of the different options but any experiences you have had would be useful to know going in? 😊

I started getting these. I haven’t got hold of any magnesium supplements yet but I have been doing those exercises where you stand on your tiptoes then rock back onto your heels about 20 times then rotate each foot both way about ten times just once a day. Been doing that for about 2-3 weeks and it hasn’t happened since so does seem to work x

BetterYou do a spray/cream which is fab, another thing I was told which sounds odd but works - roll a towel up in a sausage shape and put it in the freezer for half an hour, then when you’re off to bed take it with you and put it underneath your knees/behind your legs in whatever position! xx

Think my midwife will be talking to me about induction today. I’ve obviously googled to be aware of the different options but any experiences you have had would be useful to know going in? 😊
I've had 3 😊

First one was at 40+12. I was given a 24 hour pessary which started my contractions and I didn't need to go on the drip or anything.

Second my waters were leaking at 40+5 so I had to be induced. This time I was given a shorter pessary (I think 2 or 4 hour) which started contractions. I was then put on the drip. She was born the next day.

This time around I was induced at 40+3.
They gave me a 24 hour pessary which started off contractions. My waters started leaking after around 18 hours with it in. So they removed it. I was left to contract naturally and then I was put on the drip a few hours later 😊

Be prepared that being on the drip is a lot more painful than natural contractions. So be fully prepared to want/need an epidural.
😊 I was fully against getting an epidural but once I was on the drip, that changed my mind quickly 😂

Be prepared for it to take some time.
My 3rd was the longest.
The poor woman in my room had already had 2 lots of 24 hour pessaries, a 4 hour gel and she still hadn't dilated. They were about to give her a 24 hour break before starting again by the time I left.
However she was being induced early.
Usually tends to be the further over you are, the less time it takes

Reactions: 5
I've had 3 😊

First one was at 40+12. I was given a 24 hour pessary which started my contractions and I didn't need to go on the drip or anything.

Second my waters were leaking at 40+5 so I had to be induced. This time I was given a shorter pessary (I think 2 or 4 hour) which started contractions. I was then put on the drip. She was born the next day.

This time around I was induced at 40+3.
They gave me a 24 hour pessary which started off contractions. My waters started leaking after around 18 hours with it in. So they removed it. I was left to contract naturally and then I was put on the drip a few hours later 😊

Be prepared that being on the drip is a lot more painful than natural contractions. So be fully prepared to want/need an epidural.
😊 I was fully against getting an epidural but once I was on the drip, that changed my mind quickly 😂

Be prepared for it to take some time.
My 3rd was the longest.
The poor woman in my room had already had 2 lots of 24 hour pessaries, a 4 hour gel and she still hadn't dilated. They were about to give her a 24 hour break before starting again by the time I left.
However she was being induced early.
Usually tends to be the further over you are, the less time it takes
Thanks for sharing. I’ve heard about it being more painful but didn’t know how true that is. Part of me wants this baby out now (I’m only a day over though 😃) and the other part of me wants to try and be patient and just let it happen naturally.
Probably a daft question, but while all this stuff is happening I presume you remain in hospital?

Thanks for sharing. I’ve heard about it being more painful but didn’t know how true that is. Part of me wants this baby out now (I’m only a day over though 😃) and the other part of me wants to try and be patient and just let it happen naturally.
Probably a daft question, but while all this stuff is happening I presume you remain in hospital?
Each Trust is different but some will give you the chance to go home if you are given the 24 hour pessary if you want to.
I know some people have.
I have never had that option even if I wanted to as I'm classed as high risk 😊

They tend to do 4 hourly observations when you're still in hospital though 😊

It’s not the same but I’ve got bad restless legs and magnesium is helping that so maybe it would help pain? X

Each Trust is different but some will give you the chance to go home if you are given the 24 hour pessary if you want to.
I know some people have.
I have never had that option even if I wanted to as I'm classed as high risk 😊

They tend to do 4 hourly observations when you're still in hospital though 😊
Ahh I see. I’m sort of hoping I can go home because hospitals make me so nervous. Never stayed in one. But then at same time I think I’d sooner be there in case anything happens.
Thanks for sharing your experience anyway, it’s good to hear from real people rather than just googling stuff all the time haha

@janesherlock i was induced at 36+5 because my waters broke but I had no contractions. I had the pessary but after an hour I was already having major contractions so they took it out. I did need an epidural but my baby was back to back. My waters broke at 1:15pm ish and she was born 7:15 the next morning x

Ahh I see. I’m sort of hoping I can go home because hospitals make me so nervous. Never stayed in one. But then at same time I think I’d sooner be there in case anything happens.
Thanks for sharing your experience anyway, it’s good to hear from real people rather than just googling stuff all the time haha
I'm the same. I'd never stayed in hospital either.
But I found there's something that feels completely different about being on the delivery ward compared to a normal ward! 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.