Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’ve finally ticked that I’ve had my baby! 3 weeks old today ❤❤❤

Looks like there’s going to be lots of babies born in this thread how exciting 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 19

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I’m so tired, and hungry - and when I tell my husband his immediate instinct is to tell me he feels the same 😆 I honestly want to throw a soft, yet sturdy object at his head.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

imtakingabath

VIP Member
Thought I would report back after having the small bleed on Thursday - had an early scan this morning at 7 weeks and all was well! They saw the “heartbeat” and baby is fine 😊 fingers crossed all will be the same at 12 weeks. They couldn’t say what caused the bleeding.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Chrisxo

VIP Member
All is okay thankfully, feel so stupid I burst into tears when she put the doppler on hate feeling like I’m wasting their time but she said to phone whenever anyway just glad he’s okay, going to try and get a sleep now didn’t sleep at all last night!

Hope all you lovely ladies are okay 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 17

janesherlock

Chatty Member
I didn’t find this thread until fairly late in my pregnancy but I’m 39 weeks today and I’m feeling so much more excited rather than nervous about the upcoming birth and that’s mainly down to you guys on here.
It’s so reassuring to see everyone’s experiences and realise my questions aren’t stupid and other people have thought or dealt with the same issues.
It’s probably my hormones making me all emotional but I guess I just wanted to say thank you 😃🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 16

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Everything was fine! He’s 6lbs 8oz with some hair according the scan 😂! Bloody long day back and forth on buses but all good 😊

they said his heads right down so probably why he dropped down on the chart

• Heart
Reactions: 16

fishsticks

I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea, bouncing/circling on a ball, walking and just generally staying active. Curry tonight. I've nested so much I have nothing left to nest. 😬 Due date is Friday. Come on, little bean. Time for your entrance into the world please.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had my 12 week scan yesterday and sonogropher was really lovely and so thorough - we were very lucky. Everything looking normal at the moment so now just counting down to 20 weeks. Due date is 2nd January 2023 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
I fell down the stairs yesterday 😫 baby is absolutely fine though went to MAU to be checked. I’m so sore, the doctors given me codeine

• Heart
Reactions: 14

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Thank you everyone 🥰❤🫶🏼

congratulations ❤!

Would love to hear more about your water birth experience if you ever felt like sharing!
It was amazing!!! I’m so glad I had one, the water was kept at a nice temperature so I was always comfy. You can only have gas & air, they advised me to go on my knees so I was knelt over the end of the birthing pool for an hour & half or so and have a sore chin 😂 it was quite scary when he came out and was under water apparently I looked so shocked hah!!

I would highly recommend a water birth for anyone who is debating one, I honestly had a great experience (apart from the contractions😂) personally my local hospital has 4 birthing suites which are fairly new, they look more like a spa! The rooms were massive, they had a big double bed, sofa, big shower room & the birthing pool was lit by led lighting & they played music so it was a great experience all around

I would definitely have another if I were to have another baby!!

If you have any questions in depth about it I’ll be more than happy to answer 😊

• Heart
Finally had my first scan yesterday and have been dated 14 weeks! First baby so very excited. I am however high risk of preeclampsia and have been prescribed asprin. Anyone else?

• Heart
Sorry guys, slight rant possibly just from me being very fed up of being sick at 20 bloody weeks. Whenever I mention to someone IRL that I’ve had a bout of nausea and sickness these past few days, they all, without me asking for suggestions start listing off things like ginger, flat lemonade, mint tea at me. It’s driving me mad, probably because the nausea is making me moody! 😅

i didn’t ask and I wasn’t born yesterday! I also know how to Google and have looked at the NHS website. I know all the well known nausea cures. I just had to tell you out of necessity because either you asked how I was and it’s pretty all consuming, or I’m texting you to say I can’t come to something because I’m dry heaving next to the toilet. I honestly will scream if one more person helpfully suggests I “nibble on a ginger biscuit”… ! Also I currently have stocks of all these things in the house and the only things working are dry toast and lucozade.

• Heart

fishsticks

Had another sweep today which hasn't been classed as failed so fingers crossed. Now 1cm dilated and she could feel baby's head! Apparently baby is really low so she's surprised it's not more than 1cm? I had weird cramps on Saturday after my failed sweep on Friday, so I assume that might have been the 1cm. Got to wait and see if anything happens in the next 24/48 hours.

After having today's sweep, I can confirm if it is definitely painful and uncomfortable. Fridays wasn't painful yet I bled, today's was painful but I've not bled. 🧐

• Heart

tarquin16

Chatty Member
Had my dating scan earlier, baby was in awkward position so lots of star jumps and squats needed which was fun in the heat! But all looking good so far, due date 20th Jan 😊

• Heart

Clickbait

VIP Member
I remember being amazed that you don’t get the pregnancy confirmed by the GP, so other appointments are triggered and held without any proof of pregnancy!

• Wow

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Thank you! ❤❤

Baby William arrived at 2.05am this morning by a water birth weighing exactly 7lbs
He’s beautiful and perfect in every way… I’m so in love ❤🥰
Congratulations ❤❤❤❤❤ Enjoy every minute xxxx

also I don’t know if it’s just me being a hormonal mess but every time someone on this thread has their baby I get a bit emotional and teary 🥹 I’m so invested in you all

• Heart
Reactions: 13

PunkRocker

VIP Member
Afternoon everyone! Finally managed to shake off the 2 week headache this week so I'm feeling a bit more human.
Went for our 20 week scan on Monday and we're having a boy 😁 We're both really pleased and it was lovely to see him on screen again. We've also booked a 4D scan for 28 weeks so really looking forward to that.
And in my latest expected symptom that was still a shock to see - what is with the massive dark nipples?! 🤣 I showed my husband last night and he pissed himself!

Hope everyone is well 😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I've been for my scan this morning. All looking good, everything where it should be and working fine.
We'll be joining the girls team! I'm so pleased, my little boy really wanted a sister, so he'll be over the moon later.

Also had my cervical measurement scan. What a palaver!! It took 4 attempts and 2 staff to get it, because my awkward cervix is a funny shape. She also said there was a bit of braxton hicks going on that was causing them issues, but we got there in the end, and it's all fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 12