Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the subject of birth plans, I have a vague one. Water birth would be nice and of course no forceps etc if possible. But I don’t see the point in writing up some strict list of rules I’m expecting the medical professionals who are charged with getting me and my baby through the birth process safely to follow to the letter.

I can’t be the only person on here who’s screamed at the TV watching a births (both documentary and dramatised) where a pregnant woman and/or her baby need something like an emergency c section, forceps etc. and the woman’s point blank refusing, sometimes even when they are explaining it’a life or death, because it’s not in her bloody birth plan 😅

This is my first but reading the responses on here from ladies who’ve had previous births I feel like this is the right attitude to have. A vague plan sure, but anything can happen and you need to be open to it. The priority is safe mum and baby.
Yep definitely go with birth preferences rather than plan . I think it’s important to know your options, so I originally did say no when they said episiotomy and ventouse. They gave me more time to try get the baby out. They also wanted to do it in theatre in case I needed emergency c section but I said no to that too. So I definitely agree with not declining medical care when it’s in your babies and yours best interests/life or death. But you can still have a say.

this time round I am saying no to ventouse and forceps and would prefer a c section as my choice of intervention 🙂

Reactions: 2
I’m really struggling with my acid reflux it’s driving me mad the dr has put me on omeprazole but it’s not doing much gaviscon isn’t either I’m struggling to sleep with it it’s horrendous I keep my head raised etc but I’m struggling so much I know I sound so ungrateful but I’m tired of it and feeling sick 🥲
Mine but me on lansoprazole and they seemed to help when I had one, I didn’t need them daily either.

I’ve really struggled especially towards the end, try find things that are setting it off and take them out your diet.
Mine are raw onions, spice and non fizzy sweets (to name a few 🤦🏼‍♀️) it’s bloody awful isn’t it

I’m really struggling with my acid reflux it’s driving me mad the dr has put me on omeprazole but it’s not doing much gaviscon isn’t either I’m struggling to sleep with it it’s horrendous I keep my head raised etc but I’m struggling so much I know I sound so ungrateful but I’m tired of it and feeling sick 🥲
I’ve really struggled with heartburn and acid reflux since around 28 weeks. It’s horrendous and the worst part of pregnancy for me. I don’t eat after 5/5.30pm (bar gaviscon and rennies) and find it helps a little. Also some plain ice cream as my last bit of food can help (for me anyway). I didn’t get prescribed anything but I hope the omeprazole kicks in for you soon, it truly is terrible.

So I’m maybe worrying over nothing but I was driving yesterday and had to do a very sharp break as ah idiot nearly hit me he was on his phone! I’m okay but I remember seeing a tiktok a while back it was a cartoon that showed what happened to baby in the womb with sharp breaking in a car and it was like the baby gets flung about/whiplash it scared me and now I’m worrying if he’ll be okay?😩😩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I’m maybe worrying over nothing but I was driving yesterday and had to do a very sharp break as ah idiot nearly hit me he was on his phone! I’m okay but I remember seeing a tiktok a while back it was a cartoon that showed what happened to baby in the womb with sharp breaking in a car and it was like the baby gets flung about/whiplash it scared me and now I’m worrying if he’ll be okay?😩😩
Babies are well protected in there.
Especially if it was just a sharp break.
Baby is surrounded by amniotic fluid so they won't get flung around or whiplash.

If you're worried, call up and discuss with them for advice

Anyone who has had a sweep- how does the pain compare to contractions? I’ve had another sweep today and omg it’s so painful! It’s really making me worry I’ll not be able to cope in labour.

Been sent home to wait for space on labour ward for my waters to be broken so literally just sitting by my phone now 🤦🏻‍♀️

Anyone who has had a sweep- how does the pain compare to contractions? I’ve had another sweep today and omg it’s so painful! It’s really making me worry I’ll not be able to cope in labour.

Been sent home to wait for space on labour ward for my waters to be broken so literally just sitting by my phone now 🤦🏻‍♀️
I haven't had either so can't compare but all I will say is everybody is so so different. You might find a sweep so painful and contractions easier to deal with, somebody else could be the complete opposite, so I don't know if u will get an answer. All I know is our bodies were designed to do this, and with each contraction you are one step closer to meeting your baby. You can do this! 😀💕 Best of Luck!

Absolutely hated the sweeps and won’t get them this time. Also couldn’t bear having my cervix checked, would definitely say no to a few and trust my body more this time. Found the actual contractions easier to deal with.

Reactions: 5

It's hard to tell because it's so different for everyone.
Ive had 9 sweeps and didn't think they were painful personally. They're different for everyone. Each sweep is different too depending on who does it
So it's very hard to tell 😊

It's amazing how much you can cope with during labour though. And there's all the pain medication for a reason 😊

Reactions: 4
Thought I would report back after having the small bleed on Thursday - had an early scan this morning at 7 weeks and all was well! They saw the “heartbeat” and baby is fine 😊 fingers crossed all will be the same at 12 weeks. They couldn’t say what caused the bleeding.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thought I would report back after having the small bleed on Thursday - had an early scan this morning at 7 weeks and all was well! They saw the “heartbeat” and baby is fine 😊 fingers crossed all will be the same at 12 weeks. They couldn’t say what caused the bleeding.
Congratulations! Almost identical happened to me at 8 weeks and I cried tears of relief while lying there :D . Purely from googling i think my bleeding was caused by the progesterone pessaries i had to take (we had IVF) which can irritate the cervix. But still don't really know for sure. I'm 21 weeks now and baby is doing well :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ahhh what a relief! X

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi ladies, I’m 7+3, had a scan at 6 weeks and was well. Have another on Thursday to keep checking as I’ve had 3 previous losses, including a mmc at 10 weeks so I’m very very anxious about number 4. I’m on progesterone and aspirin this time though so hoping they’ll help make this a positive outcome. 🙏🏼 My question is, in the early days, did your symptoms come and go? Some days I feel nauseous, exhausted, boobs are aching. Other days (like today) I feel nothing at all, totally normal….which makes me worried it’s going to be another loss. Thanks for reading ladies. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi ladies, I’m 7+3, had a scan at 6 weeks and was well. Have another on Thursday to keep checking as I’ve had 3 previous losses, including a mmc at 10 weeks so I’m very very anxious about number 4. I’m on progesterone and aspirin this time though so hoping they’ll help make this a positive outcome. 🙏🏼 My question is, in the early days, did your symptoms come and go? Some days I feel nauseous, exhausted, boobs are aching. Other days (like today) I feel nothing at all, totally normal….which makes me worried it’s going to be another loss. Thanks for reading ladies. ❤
It's completely normal for symptoms to come and go 😊
Symptoms alone mean nothing.
I've always said before that out of all my pregnancies, I probably had more symptoms when I miscarried!

And it definitely wouldn't change just overnight because your hcg would still be high in your body 😊

Especially as you get a bit further on too, they tend to go/minimise as your placenta slowly begins to take over 😊

• Heart
It's completely normal for symptoms to come and go 😊
Symptoms alone mean nothing.
I've always said before that out of all my pregnancies, I probably had more symptoms when I miscarried!

And it definitely wouldn't change just overnight because your hcg would still be high in your body 😊

Especially as you get a bit further on too, they tend to go/minimise as your placenta slowly begins to take over 😊
Thank you, that helps. Just need to try and keep calm and keep telling myself everything is ok. 💕

• Heart
Got my 12 week scan Tuesday and once again I’ve convinced myself the worst 😂
Mine is Monday. Really excited to see the baby properly. Because it’s my second I’ve not really had much time to think about it too much.

This is going to sound ridiculous but I feel like I have felt some flutters. I’ve also popped a little bit, but if anything I just look like I’ve been eating a lot which is also true 😂

Mine is Monday. Really excited to see the baby properly. Because it’s my second I’ve not really had much time to think about it too much.

This is going to sound ridiculous but I feel like I have felt some flutters. I’ve also popped a little bit, but if anything I just look like I’ve been eating a lot which is also true 😂
I defiantly have a little bump and oh my god I’ve had the same low down sort of like a feather tickling me but guessing it’s just down to something else!🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.