Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder how many of these pregnancy rules we get so fixated on are actually true 😂 I have friends who didn’t even know about the whole hot bath thing and have perfectly healthy babies!
This was me 🙋‍♀️ If it reassures you at all I would sometimes spend hours in the bath whilst pregnant (Mr Cupcake often used to check I hadn’t accidentally drowned!) I had no idea it was “a thing” that hot baths should be avoided. My little boy is nearly 5 months and is fine but obviously please don’t boil yourselves alive on my account.

Reactions: 3
Haha my husband said to me, why don’t we just go and you can get yours cooked through? Whyyy would I do that to myself 😭 think I’ll be stopping there on the way home from hospital post birth haha!
I can confirm, it is not worth it if you like it cooked a particular way! Defo add to the post birth food list! 😅

Baby must be having a growth spurt, nothing I eat today is touching the sides and we put off the food delivery until tomorrow to avoid dealing with it in the heat and I'm almost out of my favourite cheese 😭

Reactions: 4
Baby must be having a growth spurt, nothing I eat today is touching the sides and we put off the food delivery until tomorrow to avoid dealing with it in the heat and I'm almost out of my favourite cheese 😭
Oh no… can you get your partner to run out for you?

Cheese was such a massive craving for me in my last pregnancy… I used to walk the shops searching for cheese sandwiches - I really wanted cheese and pickle sandwiches all the time 🤣 this time round I just crave salt and vinegar crisps constantly. Gotta be discos or squares 😂

Name wise I like “traditional” names like Thomas, Matthew, Sam or Rebecca, Abigail, Anna. I also really like Greek names like Thea and Clio but not sure how OH feels about that 😂

• Heart
Going old school and borrowing a baby names book from the library this week to try and help us get a shortlist. We tried the Baby Name app but unless you upgrade it seems to give you very strange names and we’re just not agreeing on anything. We had one name but he’s gone off it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Oh no… can you get your partner to run out for you?

Cheese was such a massive craving for me in my last pregnancy… I used to walk the shops searching for cheese sandwiches - I really wanted cheese and pickle sandwiches all the time 🤣 this time round I just crave salt and vinegar crisps constantly. Gotta be discos or squares 😂
Yes! Salt and vinegar crisps are amazing for me right now! Especially Discos. They’re the only ones vinegary enough for my pregnant tastes. And by vinegary I don’t want any of this fancy balsamic flavour business. Has to be the cheap old fashioned basic malt kind. I’ve sent my partner out on mad dashes to get salt and vinegar discos for me 😅

i love Thea! It is what we’ve chosen if we have a girl
I love Thea also! And Theo for a boy which I love but my partner vetoed it 😞

Yes! Salt and vinegar crisps are amazing for me right now! Especially Discos. They’re the only ones vinegary enough for my pregnant tastes. And by vinegary I don’t want any of this fancy balsamic flavour business. Has to be the cheap old fashioned basic malt kind. I’ve sent my partner out on mad dashes to get salt and vinegar discos for me 😅

I love Thea also! And Theo for a boy which I love but my partner vetoed it 😞
They're not cheap but the coop special range salt and vinegar crisps are 👌👌👌👌 if you can get them on 2 for £2 deal then that's always good.

1658228584309.png

• Heart
So I’ve been knocked back with housing… I was number 3 on list but because I’m not “homeless” ie in homeless accommodation I’ve been moved back to number 44 which seems a joke when I’m 6 months pregnant? Everyone’s telling me to go homeless but I can’t 😭
I don't know if it's the same across the country but in my area they don't recognise a pregnancy as a reason to increase your need for housing. Only once the baby is born and you've sent them a copy of the birth certificate.

It's done in bands and points here. We went from C band (lowest) 30 points (allocated at registering and then gain one a month) to B band 40 points or something once my daughter was born.

There’s so many things like that, and thinking about it really eases my anxiety.

My Nan was diagnosed pints of Guinness for anaemia when she was pregnant with my dad, and he’s fit as a fiddle and in his 60s now! No one advised women to limit caffeine in the 80s/90s when most of us here were likely born, I was manic about caffeine in my first trimester, but my doctor friend ignored the limits (but just didn’t go mad) and has had 3 healthy pregnancies.

Different countries even have different recommendations. In france they can still eat pate and the cheeses we’re told not to.

I still stick to whatever guidelines the NHS currently gives, but I don’t panic about things I accidentally do anymore.
I could easily destroy a wheel of brie right now.

Name wise I like “traditional” names like Thomas, Matthew, Sam or Rebecca, Abigail, Anna. I also really like Greek names like Thea and Clio but not sure how OH feels about that 😂
We have Thomas and Levi to choose between. I think my husband and I are leaning towards Levi, but my daughter is adamant she wants him to be called Thomas... which makes things hard 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Hi all, first post on this thread and I'm starting with a wee bit of a rant so apologies! Called my healthcare provider this morning to get the ball rolling with prenatal care, and the lady taking my call asked when my last period was. I told her, and she says "Oh, so you're only 4 weeks 5 days. Wow, that's very, very early. Those pregnancy tests are good these days huh" and a few other unnecessarily rude comments over the course of the call.

Now I'm probably feeling a tad over-sensitive, but I was so sad and deflated after that call. I felt like an idiot for calling so soon. The last time I was pregnant though (2020) I had a MMC, and I don't want to go through the same experience I had with that again, so yes I am trying to be proactive and make sure I get the 6 week check I didn't get last time. I'm living in the US at the mo, so the routine is a little different than my experience at home in the UK.

Sorry again to begin with complaints, I'm really happy to join you all here and look forward to catching up on the posts!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have my 12 week scan and consultant appointment tomorrow. I've been a ball of anxiety all day because I'm so afraid that there will be bad news with the scam tomorrow. I had two scans at 7 weeks and everything was fine then, I've had no symptoms to suggest that everything isn't ok but I think it's a combination of naturally being an anxious person and the fact I had the miscarriage at 9 weeks in March. Can't see myself sleeping at all tonight and just wish time would hurry up so I'd just know either way!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi all, first post on this thread and I'm starting with a wee bit of a rant so apologies! Called my healthcare provider this morning to get the ball rolling with prenatal care, and the lady taking my call asked when my last period was. I told her, and she says "Oh, so you're only 4 weeks 5 days. Wow, that's very, very early. Those pregnancy tests are good these days huh" and a few other unnecessarily rude comments over the course of the call.

Now I'm probably feeling a tad over-sensitive, but I was so sad and deflated after that call. I felt like an idiot for calling so soon. The last time I was pregnant though (2020) I had a MMC, and I don't want to go through the same experience I had with that again, so yes I am trying to be proactive and make sure I get the 6 week check I didn't get last time. I'm living in the US at the mo, so the routine is a little different than my experience at home in the UK.

Sorry again to begin with complaints, I'm really happy to join you all here and look forward to catching up on the posts!
Congratulations on your pregnancy first of all! I have found the whole process of reporting a pregnancy and having medical interactions to be very different from what I expected. I’ve not heard of a 6 week check - is this an American thing? I was told by my GP surgery to self-assess to the midwifery service - followed a recorded message with instructions and then had to self-refer to the local hospital. My first midwife appointment was a call at 8 weeks to give some medical background and then a f2f appointment the following week to take some bloods, urine sample etc.

If you feel the call didn’t go as you’d hoped/planned perhaps you can call back and be clear about your medical history and why you’d like a bit more support and reassurance. Often in the U.K. we feel limited in what we can ask for because the service is so overstretched, but in the US you’re paying for it so be a little pushy if you need to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.