Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry guys, slight rant possibly just from me being very fed up of being sick at 20 bloody weeks. Whenever I mention to someone IRL that I’ve had a bout of nausea and sickness these past few days, they all, without me asking for suggestions start listing off things like ginger, flat lemonade, mint tea at me. It’s driving me mad, probably because the nausea is making me moody! 😅

i didn’t ask and I wasn’t born yesterday! I also know how to Google and have looked at the NHS website. I know all the well known nausea cures. I just had to tell you out of necessity because either you asked how I was and it’s pretty all consuming, or I’m texting you to say I can’t come to something because I’m dry heaving next to the toilet. I honestly will scream if one more person helpfully suggests I “nibble on a ginger biscuit”… ! Also I currently have stocks of all these things in the house and the only things working are dry toast and lucozade.
Ginger is the most over recommended solution ever isn’t it?! Never did anything for me with my first pregnancy!

Reactions: 1
Ginger is the most over recommended solution ever isn’t it?! Never did anything for me with my first pregnancy!
I honestly think the taste of it now is reminding me of all the times I tried it and threw it up later 😅 so it’s having the opposite effect even!

Reactions: 2
I’ve got my first early scan tomorrow, I’ll be 6+6, I’m so anxious I’m gonna get there and they’ll say there is nothing there and I’ve imagined it all 🤣 please pray for me! X

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t even have a baby and I’m up all night 😪 long day at work today. Feeling exhausted

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t even have a baby and I’m up all night 😪 long day at work today. Feeling exhausted
I feel your pain!! i don’t sleep most nights now 😩 think I’ve had about 2 hours sleep, severe back ache! I’m on maternity now luckily but I don’t think there’s much that helps

I do watch asmr sometimes and I’ll drift off watching those but it’s only for 45 mins for so!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Finally had my first scan yesterday and have been dated 14 weeks! First baby so very excited. I am however high risk of preeclampsia and have been prescribed asprin. Anyone else?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Finally had my first scan yesterday and have been dated 14 weeks! First baby so very excited. I am however high risk of preeclampsia and have been prescribed asprin. Anyone else?
Great news congratulations! I’m the same, high risk of preeclampsia and have been on aspirin since 12 weeks. All good so far and I’m 36 weeks 👍

Sorry guys, slight rant possibly just from me being very fed up of being sick at 20 bloody weeks. Whenever I mention to someone IRL that I’ve had a bout of nausea and sickness these past few days, they all, without me asking for suggestions start listing off things like ginger, flat lemonade, mint tea at me. It’s driving me mad, probably because the nausea is making me moody! 😅

i didn’t ask and I wasn’t born yesterday! I also know how to Google and have looked at the NHS website. I know all the well known nausea cures. I just had to tell you out of necessity because either you asked how I was and it’s pretty all consuming, or I’m texting you to say I can’t come to something because I’m dry heaving next to the toilet. I honestly will scream if one more person helpfully suggests I “nibble on a ginger biscuit”… ! Also I currently have stocks of all these things in the house and the only things working are dry toast and lucozade.
Omg I feel this in my soul. I’ve got hyperemesis (it’s under control now with meds and I’m 22 weeks) and I’ve been in hospital with it, I take 3 meds a day for it, yet people still ask me ‘have you tried ginger nuts’ duck OFFFF!!!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Great news congratulations! I’m the same, high risk of preeclampsia and have been on aspirin since 12 weeks. All good so far and I’m 36 weeks 👍
Ah that’s good to know, thank you :). Just not something I had contemplated as I don’t fit any of the criteria for being high risk! Congrats to you too, not long to go!

Ah that’s good to know, thank you :). Just not something I had contemplated as I don’t fit any of the criteria for being high risk! Congrats to you too, not long to go!
Out of interest, why have they said you are high risk? I’m the opposite and thought I would be but I’m not.

I was prescribed aspirin due to previous miscarriage and high bmi and had to take it through my whole pregnancy with my second 😊

Omg I feel this in my soul. I’ve got hyperemesis (it’s under control now with meds and I’m 22 weeks) and I’ve been in hospital with it, I take 3 meds a day for it, yet people still ask me ‘have you tried ginger nuts’ duck OFFFF!!!!’
Hahahah! So true.

Also the thing with nausea especially if vomiting is it can be quite personal what works for you. You just know what you’re going to be able to manage to eat and what you won’t. No point force feeding yourself ginger when strong flavours make you gag just because the lady at the Tesco check out or someone at work has told you to

@janesherlock - how is your headache? Did you get it checked out?
Thanks for asking. Basically after sleeping for a ridiculous amount of time, I finally got rid of it. I seem to be really fatigued at the moment. I’m seeing my midwife tomorrow so will mention it but for now it has gone!

I've been for my scan this morning. All looking good, everything where it should be and working fine.
We'll be joining the girls team! I'm so pleased, my little boy really wanted a sister, so he'll be over the moon later.

Also had my cervical measurement scan. What a palaver!! It took 4 attempts and 2 staff to get it, because my awkward cervix is a funny shape. She also said there was a bit of braxton hicks going on that was causing them issues, but we got there in the end, and it's all fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm classed as high risk due to my blood pressure so I'm on blood pressure tablets and aspirin. I'm 14 weeks as well 🥰

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.