Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! ❤❤

Baby William arrived at 2.05am this morning by a water birth weighing exactly 7lbs
He’s beautiful and perfect in every way… I’m so in love ❤🥰
congratulations ❤!

Would love to hear more about your water birth experience if you ever felt like sharing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you! ❤❤

Baby William arrived at 2.05am this morning by a water birth weighing exactly 7lbs
He’s beautiful and perfect in every way… I’m so in love ❤🥰
Congratulations ❤❤❤❤❤ Enjoy every minute xxxx

also I don’t know if it’s just me being a hormonal mess but every time someone on this thread has their baby I get a bit emotional and teary 🥹 I’m so invested in you all

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank goodness i found this thread 👌

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby gender is going to be a suprise I hope 👶🤭

does anybody have any experience with being over 30 and having a high BMI? Apparently we have more scans / check ups? I have yet to meet my midwife I've just seen covers and this is what I've been told but unsure when? Im actually really excited for childbirth unsure why 😅

I've still no bump and apart from sickness and exhaustion I don't feel or look any different. I just assumed I'd look pregnant by now I just want a bump 😍😍

Reactions: 1

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby gender is going to be a suprise I hope 👶🤭

does anybody have any experience with being over 30 and having a high BMI? Apparently we have more scans / check ups? I have yet to meet my midwife I've just seen covers and this is what I've been told but unsure when? Im actually really excited for childbirth unsure why 😅

I've still no bump and apart from sickness and exhaustion I don't feel or look any different. I just assumed I'd look pregnant by now I just want a bump 😍😍
All 3 of my pregnancies, I've had a high bmi.
My first 2 were above 50. This time around I had a bmi of 37.

You will be under consultant care and will have growth scans from 28 weeks, every 4 weeks.

You will also be put in for the Gestational diabetes test too around 28 weeks.

(I wasn't over 30 however) 😊

@TreeTrunksApplePie I’ll put behind a spoiler x

she was back to back and got stuck. I’ve got an app in a few weeks to do a debrief of my birth to fully understand what went wrong. They let me push for 2 and a half hours before deciding to intervene. My midwife thinks I should have been offered a c section. I had a major PPH afterwards. She was a big baby for 36+6 (7lb1oz). I had a growth scan at 36 weeks so they knew she was big for my weight and height, I had an app at 37+2 with a consultant to discuss c section/induction but obv I didn’t make it that far
Bless you. That is tough. At least with this one it will hopefully be easier. So many people on here with planned c-sections say what a calm experience it is.
Hi long time lurker here and really enjoying reading all your posts as I’m completely clueless when it comes to all things pregnancy and baby.
I’m currently 11+5 and already not sleeping at night and reaching the point where I want to scream. I’m getting pretty bad neck and upper back pain or just generally feel uncomfortable and restless in that area. The fact that my pillows and mattress are way too firm for me doesn’t help (OH got them before I met him but I’ll be hopefully buying some replacements soon). In the meantime I need a pregnancy pillow that will help with the above. I know this question has been asked before but there’s so much choice and I don’t really know what to go for as most reviews seem pretty mixed online.
I got the £25 12ft Asda one after seeing a few people mention it on here. Love it. At the very least as it’s so cheap might be good to have as a spare x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bless you. That is tough. At least with this one it will hopefully be easier. So many people on here with planned c-sections say what a calm experience it is.

I got the £25 12ft Asda one after seeing a few people mention it on here. Love it. At the very least as it’s so cheap might be good to have as a spare x
I also got this one and absolutely love it. I do find that I get quite warm in it though. Although that could be because we've entered this heatwave just as I've got it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Hey lovely my BMI is only a bit high (34) and I’m 37. I’m only a bit ahead of you at 21 weeks, so not been through the whole process yet but can tell you what I’ve been told so far. I wasn’t initially being treated as having a high BMI but as per my post yesterday I’ve got an over efficient placenta which can be an early sign of GD so I’m now on the same care as someone with a higher BMI. They will check you for pre eclampsia and GD more than someone with a lower BMI but from what I understand only give treatment if they think it’s necessary. So really not a big difference.

You might be put on aspirin but that’s no big deal tbh, lots of people are for various things. You’ll also get regular growth scans as @Clickbait said if showing signs of these things later in the pregnancy which personally I see as a good thing as we get to see the baby more 😊 good luck x

Hey lovely my BMI is only a bit high (34) and I’m 37. I’m only a bit ahead of you at 21 weeks, so not been through the whole process yet but can tell you what I’ve been told so far. I wasn’t initially being treated as having a high BMI but as per my post yesterday I’ve got an over efficient placenta which can be an early sign of GD so I’m now on the same care as someone with a higher BMI.

You might be put on aspirin but that’s no big deal tbh, lots of people are for various things. You’ll also get regular growth scans later in the pregnancy which personally I see as a good thing as we get to see the baby more 😊 good luck x
Congratulations! I hope you aren't feeling too rough ❤ the exhaustion is taking over me 😅 I've been put on 150mg of aspirin which is fine & also on iron tablets aswell but don't feel they have any effect 😬😬 I hope everything goes perfect for you and good luck to you too xxxx

Thank you everyone 🥰❤🫶🏼

congratulations ❤!

Would love to hear more about your water birth experience if you ever felt like sharing!
It was amazing!!! I’m so glad I had one, the water was kept at a nice temperature so I was always comfy. You can only have gas & air, they advised me to go on my knees so I was knelt over the end of the birthing pool for an hour & half or so and have a sore chin 😂 it was quite scary when he came out and was under water apparently I looked so shocked hah!!

I would highly recommend a water birth for anyone who is debating one, I honestly had a great experience (apart from the contractions😂) personally my local hospital has 4 birthing suites which are fairly new, they look more like a spa! The rooms were massive, they had a big double bed, sofa, big shower room & the birthing pool was lit by led lighting & they played music so it was a great experience all around

I would definitely have another if I were to have another baby!!

If you have any questions in depth about it I’ll be more than happy to answer 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you everyone 🥰❤🫶🏼

It was amazing!!! I’m so glad I had one, the water was kept at a nice temperature so I was always comfy. You can only have gas & air, they advised me to go on my knees so I was knelt over the end of the birthing pool for an hour & half or so and have a sore chin 😂 it was quite scary when he came out and was under water apparently I looked so shocked hah!!

I would highly recommend a water birth for anyone who is debating one, I honestly had a great experience (apart from the contractions😂) personally my local hospital has 4 birthing suites which are fairly new, they look more like a spa! The rooms were massive, they had a big double bed, sofa, big shower room & the birthing pool was lit by led lighting & they played music so it was a great experience all around

I would definitely have another if I were to have another baby!!

If you have any questions in depth about it I’ll be more than happy to answer 😊
that sounds amazing I’m so glad you had such a positive experience! I’m really hopeful to experience a water birth this time round 🤞your birthing suite sounds lush! Thank you for sharing ❤

• Heart
Have my 12 week scan tomorrow I’m so excited, can’t wait to see the difference since the private one we had at 9 weeks!

Btw I’m actually still so so shattered all the time, I know it varies but I thought at this point I would have started feeling a bit more normal. I was on holiday from work last week and all I did was sleep. Back 1 day yesterday and had a day off today, was up at 9 back to bed at 12 and napped until half 1. Up again for a bit and napped again 3-6 😱 I know it is normal but I’m worried I’m just getting lazy now but I just can’t help it I feel exhausted all the time!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Have my 12 week scan tomorrow I’m so excited, can’t wait to see the difference since the private one we had at 9 weeks!

Btw I’m actually still so so shattered all the time, I know it varies but I thought at this point I would have started feeling a bit more normal. I was on holiday from work last week and all I did was sleep. Back 1 day yesterday and had a day off today, was up at 9 back to bed at 12 and napped until half 1. Up again for a bit and napped again 3-6 😱 I know it is normal but I’m worried I’m just getting lazy now but I just can’t help it I feel exhausted all the time!
Just do what your body wants , that’s the most important xx

Everyone always says the 2nd trimester is the best one.
It's a lie 😂
I've always felt so exhausted 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I better not jinx myself but literally only starting to sleep now in the last 2 weeks and I feel brand new!! Weird one, has anyone developed moles? I was in with the GP earlier today and he didn’t seem at all interested in them

Reactions: 2

I’ve been wondering the same myself! I don’t remember being this tired last time - I’m not very busy at work and even though usually I’d make myself busy the ease of lying on the bed is too inviting - I might be a bit shattered from pregnancy and a bit lazy though 😆

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.