Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Guys how hot can you have your bath? I have googled it and it said to not let your temperature get past 37c but I don’t know how hot to have the bath 🤣 I did try putting the bath at 37 and it felt cold!
Basically as long as you're not going bright red and struggling to get in, you're fine 😊
The bath isn't so much of a worry as it drops in temperature and your body isn't at a constant high temp.

Cautiously posting here .. I’m 6 weeks pregnant today after basically over 9 years of infertility (1mc, 2 failed ivf rounds) and have no children

The first time round I was under the Welsh nhs and they were very quick to get my appointments booked, I believe I had both of them around the 6w mark? - even though sadly mc’d before 7 weeks.

We moved to England 2 years ago and I know they both run a bit differently. I’ve just done the self refer thing this morning and booked my first 2 appointments over the phone, but I realised they’re not until 8w for a telephone app and then 9ws for bloods etc
Is it normal to have no support until then? Or those appointments at that time ?

I know it’s only early pregnancy but with my history I guess it’s just a slightly worry about not having the support there if anything I’m unsure of is happening as my GP is crap!
Yes, I had IVF so had an early scan at 6 weeks, but didn’t get my first NHS scan until just over 12 weeks, and had a midwife appointment around 8 I think. From speaking to others on here that’s pretty normal

I think I’ve mentioned on here before but pregnancy has made my 15 year long dormant asthma return, including the chronic cough I used to have which makes me sound like I smoke 40 cigarettes a day 😅 such fun post covid times. People move away from me.

Has anyone else had asthma while pregnant? I’m a bit worried about how I’ll manage as the pregnancy progresses. Already struggling with walking up stairs and I’m only 19+2

Last edited:

Sickofthissh1t

Chatty Member
This is a bit off topic based off the thread’s recent conversation but hoping you can help… is anyone else missing alcohol? I don’t mean crying out for it, but I’m on holiday, visiting pubs. My partner is drinking (obvs, because he can) and I can’t do my usual trick of reaching for a sip, and I’m really missing a glass of wine of an evening.

Two things to note - far less of a problem at home than on hols and also, this is a very wanted, but still a surprise (basically just ahead of schedule but something we’d spoken about) pregnancy so I’m not as prepared for giving up booze, and to be perfectly honest, seafood 😭 as I would hope to be.

Any advice / reassurance would be appreciated
I do miss the odd one yeh. I find the no alcohol alternatives great. I have had one glass of wine on 4 different special occasions during the pregnancy 😕

Have you tried ginger… if you can get ginger biscuits out there then they are good to nibble on and settle your nausea - or try ginger tea which will also help. That’s all I have!!!
Thank you. Ginger stuff is really hard to get hold of out here. Going to look for mints etc. I’ve not been able to leave my hotel room today and can’t keep water down so super nervous about travelling 😥

See if you can get some travel sickness bands in the airport. They didn't kill my nausea completely, but they made it more bearable and made eating easier. Look online for where to position them properly.
Thank you! I will keep an eye out for these. Not tried them before but so sick today and no idea how I’ll make it tomorrow if still like this so anything’s worth a try x