Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahh, was anyone else mega nervous for their anomaly scan? I have mine this morning (I'm 21 weeks ) and I am so so anxious about it. Just hoping all is ok in there! I think I'm more nervous with it being twins than I was with my son!
Every scan I was like this, even the 4vweekly growth scans. Scanxiety is the worst, everything will be fine, 🤞🏻. They'll take longer than usual for them both so if you start to get uncomfortable make sure you tell them they'll let you have a little break. X

Reactions: 2
Weighed myself this morning and I’ve gained just over 2 stone the whole pregnancy, is that about right to gain or have the copious amounts of pop tarts I’ve ate caught up to me 😂
I know I shouldn’t place importance on weight & the midwives haven’t had an issue but I’ve never been this heavy and it’s such a struggle now to drag myself anywhere

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ahh, was anyone else mega nervous for their anomaly scan? I have mine this morning (I'm 21 weeks ) and I am so so anxious about it. Just hoping all is ok in there! I think I'm more nervous with it being twins than I was with my son!
I think my 20 week one was my worst for anxiety, I could have cried sitting in the waiting room! Make sure you just keep distracting yourself. Luckily the woman scanning me was so lovely and talked me through everything, how rare things were and that all looked good with mine. I was expecting total silence and dont think I could have coped with that!

Reactions: 3
Weighed myself this morning and I’ve gained just over 2 stone the whole pregnancy, is that about right to gain or have the copious amounts of pop tarts I’ve ate caught up to me 😂
I know I shouldn’t place importance on weight & the midwives haven’t had an issue but I’ve never been this heavy and it’s such a struggle now to drag myself anywhere
Sounds very normal to me, if you think about the weight of the baby, the placenta, the amniotic fluid, the extra breast tissue, the extra fat stores required etc, it's not going to add up to much less than that!

Reactions: 1
Sounds very normal to me, if you think about the weight of the baby, the placenta, the amniotic fluid, the extra breast tissue, the extra fat stores required etc, it's not going to add up to much less than that!
That’s true, I didn’t really think of all the extra bits involved! Back to my pop tarts I go 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeh I was! I am at every scan but I almost passed out waiting to go into my anomaly scan I was that worked up. I’m sure everything will be absolutely fine for you 😃X

Sounds pretty normal. It's 20-24lbs by 40 weeks of baby/fluid/extra blood/Placenta.
Your body also stores fat more than when not pregnant 😊

I've gained over 2 and a half stone already with 6 weeks still to go 🤦🏻‍♀️ haven't been told off by a midwife yet but I've got an appointment this morning so will see how I'm measuring.
I know a big part of it is down to eating far too much (and lots of junk tbh) but hoping it will drop off fairly quickly if I'm able to breastfeed and get out for lots of walks once baby is here.

I've gained over 2 and a half stone already with 6 weeks still to go 🤦🏻‍♀️ haven't been told off by a midwife yet but I've got an appointment this morning so will see how I'm measuring.
I know a big part of it is down to eating far too much (and lots of junk tbh) but hoping it will drop off fairly quickly if I'm able to breastfeed and get out for lots of walks once baby is here.
You won't be told off either way 😊
Especially only 2 and a half stone 😊

My best friend gained 6 stone and wasn't 'told off' 😊

In each pregnancy I put on 3 stone (3.5 in my last) so 2 stone doesn’t sound a lot to me at all. How far along are you? If you’re only 5 weeks the 2 stone may be an issue 😉

In each pregnancy I put on 3 stone (3.5 in my last) so 2 stone doesn’t sound a lot to me at all. How far along are you? If you’re only 5 weeks the 2 stone may be an issue 😉
I’m 39 weeks so I’ll stop panicking 😂 I’ve had one banana in the last 4 weeks everything else has been chocolate based so I did worry a little bit when I saw it in lbs on our scales!

I genuinely forget I’m pregnant sometimes and just think I’ve gotten lazy and cause I’ve not been the gym that’s why! When actually I’m growing a whole human 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you 🥺😭🥰 You’ve all been such a support and I love reading all your updates, I can’t bring myself to leave the thread even though I graduated 🤣

Yay Tommy! And yay you!! 🎉🎉🎉💖💙

It is daunting when you get home from nicu but soon it’ll feel like he’s always been home with you and the NICU days will behind you.

Will you have outreach support? We had outreach till baby hit 5lbs. Not that we really needed any support but they weighed her regularly and checked heart rate etc.

We were really strict who could come and visit her to begin with. I don’t know what your support is like but we only had our parents and siblings visit initially and they could come if they had colds. Prem babies are very susceptible to RSV and I thought the last thing we need is her ill and back in hospital. Would have broke me.

I couldn’t leave the pregnancy thread for a while either. I felt in limbo of no longer being pregnant when I still should have been but also not having my baby home with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m 39 weeks so I’ll stop panicking 😂 I’ve had one banana in the last 4 weeks everything else has been chocolate based so I did worry a little bit when I saw it in lbs on our scales!

I genuinely forget I’m pregnant sometimes and just think I’ve gotten lazy and cause I’ve not been the gym that’s why! When actually I’m growing a whole human 😂
Everyone is different so there's no right or wrong amount, plus it's weird how it works, last pregnancy I put on pretty much 2 stone exactly by 40 weeks, this pregnancy I've put on 1 stone 10lbs but my bump is way bigger this time. And I was the same starting weight for each pregnancy.

I also feel like I've been living off chocolate 🤣 although my main meals have been pretty healthy, chocolate is just my weak spot!

Speaking of chocolate have any of you tried the white Maltesers Easter bunnies? Do it, will change your life :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks for all of your replies Ladies.... Just sat waiting for the consultant now, but all was fine... nerves settled straight away and we found out we have a 💙 and 💖 in there! X

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Everyone is different so there's no right or wrong amount, plus it's weird how it works, last pregnancy I put on pretty much 2 stone exactly by 40 weeks, this pregnancy I've put on 1 stone 10lbs but my bump is way bigger this time. And I was the same starting weight for each pregnancy.

I also feel like I've been living off chocolate 🤣 although my main meals have been pretty healthy, chocolate is just my weak spot!
Ahh really that’s good to know! My midwives haven’t weighed me since my booking appointment but I think it might have been an American thing I was looking at for weight gain.

I’ve been the same! I’ve had so much veg and protein in my meals but every snack is chocolate this boy has the biggest sweet tooth I’m going to give birth to a cadburys crème egg 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I am in no way saying they are right, but I do kind of see where they are coming from with saying you can't work from home with a baby. I am assuming that they are thinking that you concentration will be split ect. If you're not sure how you're going to afford being home, is there any way you could start looking for online/WFH roles now? Even if the pay isn't fantastic, you might be able to find something to top up your income.
I would've agreed except for I asked to work 3pm-9pm as my husband is home from 3pm. As a multi-jurisdictional company, it would probably work out better having one day where I was 'in a different time zone' so to say. I never said to them that I would be wfh with baby and no support. My husband would be in full charge of baby at that point.. would be respite for me haha!!

Ive WFH with 3 out of my 4 babies. I started back with the first when he was 5 weeks to help the load then went back 3 days in the office 2 from home when he was 6 months. When I had the next baby, while on Mat leave, I helped a friend out when he was 3 weeks which was WFH. My original job let me go thanks to covid, so I got a permanent job with my friend, until covid ruined that until summer last year and have just started back again with baby who is 11 weeks. In my opinion, they get so much more out of me WFH as I feel I’m always trying to prove I can do it, and would even work evenings and never claim overtime.
With this job though, if I had to go into the office, I can take the baby and even the toddler with me, they are so laid back
My old job HATED mums. We were the first to go when they thought furlough was stopping.
That's brilliant!! I am going to start looking for other jobs once my mat leave is nearing an end. Unfortunately the company has now made a lot of false promises and I've been walked over for as long as I can possibly bear. Year's ago I did do some self-employed article writing which my company allowed me to do on the side, so I think I might see about taking that back up again.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.