Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you 💙 Not sure about outreach, they haven’t mentioned anything like that yet but no official plans have been made regarding his discharge so I guess it could come then. I imagine they will want to keep an eye on his weight as that’s the last thing we are waiting on really.

Honestly I’d have no one visit if I could! Both of our families are nightmares. Dreading them coming tbh but I will definitely be setting a tit ton of boundaries that’s for sure ✋🏻

The day my baby was coming home a Dr was doing a final heart and brain scan on her and he was like she should have no visitors especially children for all of the winter period. We were shocked as this was the end of September so there was no way we couldn’t see anyone till March haha but you could tell your family Dr in NICU said to wait a few weeks before visitors because he’s vulnerable.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone had Covid whilst pregnant? I’m 28 weeks & diabetic and just had a positive test! I’ve had all 3 jabs , but panicking on if it will effect the baby

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Has anyone had Covid whilst pregnant? I’m 28 weeks & diabetic and just had a positive test! I’ve had all 3 jabs , but panicking on if it will effect the baby
There's lots of people on here who have had Covid whilst pregnant and I don't think a single one has had any effect on the baby 😊😊

Reactions: 7
I had it 3 weeks ago when I was 30 weeks and baby was absolutely fine. Hope you're ok x

Reactions: 4
my hcg is slow rising it was

48 hours later

48 hours later

I understand this is slow rising so they did a progesterone test to basically tell them more but I’m unsure why they’re saying it’s low when it’s telling me everywhere it’s not!
Im no expert, but i don't think it's the number that counts but that it is doubling every 48hrs. I had an ectopic that's how I know. It's a series of bloods to check then if it's confirmed ectopic you're treated and bloods continue to be monitored to see the levels go back down.

Reactions: 3
I've tested positive today too. Aside from keeping hydrated and keeping an eye on baby's movements, I don't think it should be too much of an issue. 🤞 It varies by area but my trust like you to speak to your GP so maybe just check if there's anything recommended where you are. 😊 How are you feeling? The coughing is really starting to hurt the muscles at the top and sides of my bump, making me very aware of how squashed my lungs are!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've tested positive today too. Aside from keeping hydrated and keeping an eye on baby's movements, I don't think it should be too much of an issue. 🤞 It varies by area but my trust like you to speak to your GP so maybe just check if there's anything recommended where you are. 😊 How are you feeling? The coughing is really starting to hurt the muscles at the top and sides of my bump, making me very aware of how squashed my lungs are!
I am just recovering from it, 21 weeks. It affected my breathing. I rang my hospital and they told me to monitor baby's movements which have been consistent with what it was before I got covid so I'm assuming baby is alright. I did seem to get covid worse than my friend who got it at the same time, not pregnant, but was still fine. Just kept the paracetamol and water into me!
ETA go for walks outside if you can. I didn't, and found it tough and stiff today when I went back to itm

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks! I’ve text my midwife to see if they have any advice. I’ve been up most of the night with a headache and my throat is extremely sore, cough wise I’m not too bad x

Reactions: 1
I wouldn't have coped without them!

Ladies I'm a bit miserable, 27 weeks and got what I think is a chest infection. Everything hurt before but add coughing to the mix... 😒 Covid tests have all been negative so that's good at least. However having to cross my legs when I cough is wearing thin. 😂
😞 it’s horrible isn’t it, I’m still only early but I’ve been ill all week the stuffy nose and cough just won’t budge and the sore throat is the worst as I can’t enjoy eating and that’s the only thing I enjoy lately 😂 my covid test was negative too. It will be because our immune systems are tit atm. I’ve been drinking loads of hot water with lemon honey. Hope you feel better soon

I am just recovering from it, 21 weeks. It affected my breathing. I rang my hospital and they told me to monitor baby's movements which have been consistent with what it was before I got covid so I'm assuming baby is alright. I did seem to get covid worse than my friend who got it at the same time, not pregnant, but was still fine. Just kept the paracetamol and water into me!
ETA go for walks outside if you can. I didn't, and found it tough and stiff today when I went back to itm
Second this! Keep on top of pain relief it really does make a difference x

Eeek just had my 34 week appt and baby's head is deep in my pelvis 😅 explains why I've been waddling for the past week! My hopes of a small 6lber have been firmly dashed though, he's looking like a big boy like his brother 😰😅 The midwife said we'll if you've already got one 9lber out you can do it again, your pelvis is obviously made for it!! God help me 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 10
TMI, but was constipation an early pregnancy symptom for anyone? All this week at around the same time I get a bubbling in my stomach like I need to go but I can’t🤣

TMI, but was constipation an early pregnancy symptom for anyone? All this week at around the same time I get a bubbling in my stomach like I need to go but I can’t🤣
Not an early one, but with my son it started in the 3rd trimester and carried on for weeks after birth. It was fun 🤨

My favourite early pregnancy symptom is currently the bloating. I'm loving all my trousers cutting into me, it's just the best feeling 😐😂

Thank the lord for leggings 😂

• Heart
Very common, it was horrific for me in the 2nd trimester so try to keep on top of it with plenty of fluids and lactoluse if you need it.

I didn’t get a positive test until 28th of feb! I’d been testing everyday! I’ve just had some spotting so I’m expecting that I’m miscarrying 😞
How are you today? Your message struck a chord with me because I had spotting a couple of weeks ago and was terrified. Had a scan at the EPAU and all was fine.

They spotted some blood on the scan sitting underneath the baby which they said should just be absorbed naturally.

Yesterday I had blood pouring out of me and I passed two clots. I was sure I was miscarrying and was told to go to A&E. I hoped they would give me a scan, instead I was triaged at the front door to see a GP who gave me a pregnancy test, felt my tummy and told me that if I was miscarrying there was nothing I could do and as it was past 5pm they wouldn’t give me a scan. She didn’t even book me an appointment at the EPAU and left that up to me to sort this morning.

Fortunately I got booked in this morning and amazingly everything was fine with baby 🙏 It turns out I was passing a haematoma - the blood they spotted earlier.

There are many reasons for bleeding in the first trimester and they’re not all something to worry about.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone else experienced their folic acid making them nauseous? 😖 a couple of times now I’ve felt generally fine but then not long after taking it if it’s been later in the day etc my nausea has really spiked and I’ve had horrid acid reflux with it as well 😫

Anyone else experienced their folic acid making them nauseous? 😖 a couple of times now I’ve felt generally fine but then not long after taking it if it’s been later in the day etc my nausea has really spiked and I’ve had horrid acid reflux with it as well 😫
I take multi vit at night for this reason!

How are you today? Your message struck a chord with me because I had spotting a couple of weeks ago and was terrified. Had a scan at the EPAU and all was fine.

They spotted some blood on the scan sitting underneath the baby which they said should just be absorbed naturally.

Yesterday I had blood pouring out of me and I passed two clots. I was sure I was miscarrying and was told to go to A&E. I hoped they would give me a scan, instead I was triaged at the front door to see a GP who gave me a pregnancy test, felt my tummy and told me that if I was miscarrying there was nothing I could do and as it was past 5pm they wouldn’t give me a scan. She didn’t even book me an appointment at the EPAU and left that up to me to sort this morning.

Fortunately I got booked in this morning and amazingly everything was fine with baby 🙏 It turns out I was passing a haematoma - the blood they spotted earlier.

There are many reasons for bleeding in the first trimester and they’re not all something to worry about.
oh bless you thank you for checking in 🥺 I haven’t stopped bleeding since last night, it started out pink and very light and its now like a period, I have tissue down there and not much seems to be coming out on the tissue it’s more when I wipe and there’s quite a lot there and it’s red like a period,I’ve had some tiny little clots but nothing else and no pain. I have a scan tomorrow so we will see what that says but I’m certain I’m miscarrying and they said the same on the phone 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Hiya, I’m normally a usual over in the New baby thread however I noticed the Positive Birth Co have an offer on the Hypnobirthing course for only £12.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.